Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage credit for SAA flights operated by SA Airlink (4Z)?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Mileage credit for SAA flights operated by SA Airlink (4Z)?

When booking a M&M award to South Africa recently I wanted to include a domestic leg operated by SA Airlink and was told that this is not (no longer?) possible. SA Express flight however can still be booked.

Does that also mean SA Airlink do not credit miles for paid tickets to M&M accounts? I have not flown with them for a while - any recent experience?

Thanks,
Thomas
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: United, Turkish
Air link claims not to be a member of star alliance despite the SA Airlink title. However if you book yoru paid ticket on airlink as SAA you get miles. Or at least i did . Luggage is still a pain
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
As far as I know SAA got out of SA Airlink a while ago, but still code-share with them. Apart from that, it is now a completely separate airline - unlike SA Express, who are still part of the family.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by plett
Does that also mean SA Airlink do not credit miles for paid tickets to M&M accounts? I have not flown with them for a while - any recent experience?

Thanks,
Thomas
My experience is from late 2008. No miles on SAA Airlink flights, even though the M&M number was included on the boarding pass. I tried to retroactively claim the miles but M&M said they don't credit for SAA Airlink.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:39 am

No LH Miles on Airlink

Just had the same experience: on my boarding pass issued by SAA for a SA Airlink flight (SA 8214) one can clearly read my status (LH *G), travelling with two pieces of luggage (together 37 kg) was no problem, but no miles on my M&M account... a little bit disappointing. Or should I call myself lucky, that I didn't have any problems with my luggage???
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Here my experience from the last two weeks:
SA 8635 CPT-GRJ (Airlink) was credited within 3 days
SA 1514 GRJ-JNB (SA Express) from 29/01 is not yet credited
I had another SA Express GRJ-JNB last year which was credited retroactive after I had sent M&M a fax with the BP and two reminders....
Will try to get retroactive credit here as well after M&M has moved.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

The miles for the SA Express flight of Jan 29 finally posted last week after two reminders....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.