[German] M&M credit card [for NL resident]

Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH / KL / CZ
[German] M&M credit card [for NL resident]

Hi everyone,

I have a M&M account and since I would like to keep my miles from expiring, I would like to apply for a M&M creditcard.

Does anyone knows how can a non-German residence apply for a German card. i am asking this since i live in NL and there's no MM credit card available.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:34 am

The basic requirement for a german M&M creditcard is, that you must a have a german bank-account. It doesn't matter where you live.
https://www.miles-and-more-kreditkar...sstellung.html

Last edited by rotanes; Sep 7, 2011 at 10:59 am Reason: clarification (see next post)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rotanes
The basic requirement for a M&M creditcard is, that you must a have a german bank-account. It doesn't matter where you live.
I think this statement may be a little misleading. Perhaps the word "German" should be inserted before "M&M"? There are M&M credit cards available to residents in other countries without a German bank account.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=10001

To the OP, I suggest you check this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ands-gone.html

Welcome to FT, gzgxd!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As you can see in the thread that is mentioned it is possible to get a German M&M CC but it is a little bit of a hassle because you have to have a German bank account.

Opening one can be done. Probably the cheapest way is opening a DKB online account. There is even a "special" offer that will get you some miles.
And if you take the M&M gold CC you also get a decent amount of miles for your efforts.....
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:52 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
If you have a German bank account it shouldn't be a problem. But even if you use an online account (like DKB) you have to set your foot on German soil at least once for identification purposes.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Verification of identity can be done in your home country by another bank or attorney.. but will probably cost you some time and money.

Last edited by RTW1; Sep 8, 2011 at 6:40 am
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Well, thank you all. I am going to try the German one. I am going to open a bank account first, will let you know the progress.

One more question, do I have to personally go to German for the verification? Any possibility doing this via postmail?

Many thanks!!!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you do the Ident for the DKB Giro account you don't need to do it again for the M&M CC.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you do the Ident for the DKB Giro account you don't need to do it again for the M&M CC.
That's a good point....

by the way, I saw a recommendation option for opening DKB account. Do anyone want to recommend me so that he/she can earn 5k miles? And I assume by doing so, I can still get my 5K miles, right?

just send me a msg if you would like to recommend me
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: LH HON and sh..load of others too
I have a PL residency and DE M&M credit card.
Granted, I also have a DE bank account. But since I haven't used it in years, there is no financial history, so it's a "credit" card without a real credit line. Works like a debit or pre-paid card - you have to put the funds on it first. Which is fine for me - at least I have an EUR-denominated CC and can avoid my PL bank's foreign exchange. And the money deposited in the CC even earns you interest.

And, yes, I would be happy to recommend you and, if needed, help you with the process.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: FB Platinum (STE+), BA Gold (OWE), A3 Silver (*S), Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Is there a source where I can find this information? The official M&M Credit Card website doesn't seem to state this anywhere.

If there is a requirement to identify myself again, do you think I could walk into any German bank and ask them to help me? Would they be obligated to assist me with this procedure?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by DTS
If you have a German bank account it shouldn't be a problem. But even if you use an online account (like DKB) you have to set your foot on German soil at least once for identification purposes.
not true (or, not any longer).
i just got papers from dkb with a very handy and cute instructions clearly stating the means of identity verification:

for outside germany:
- through a lawyer (they even recoup lawyer costs up to 20 euro!)
- through a bank

there's a "idendity verification" form included in what they sent me, and the instruction says that either the lawyer or the bank has to fill this in, both me and them have to sign the document and send back to dkb (address follows the instruction).

for inside germany:
- through a post office - take the "postident coupon" to any deutschen post office and verify yourself like this.

yay for me less hassle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.