Double upgrade possible?

Old Sep 4, 11, 2:15 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: LH Sen, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Posts: 47
Double upgrade possible?

Hi,

do you know if such upgrade would be possible?

Economy ticket purchased -> upgraded to Business using PPB -> upgraded to First using E-vouchers

Regards
jareczek is offline  
Old Sep 4, 11, 2:25 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,794
Originally Posted by jareczek View Post
Hi,

do you know if such upgrade would be possible?

Economy ticket purchased -> upgraded to Business using PPB -> upgraded to First using E-vouchers

Regards
Not by the rules

Only at the Gate in case of irrops/overbooking
daumueller is offline  
Old Sep 4, 11, 2:45 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: LH Sen, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
Not by the rules
May I ask what rules? I was searching for E-Voucher rules, but except simple rules like 1 voucher for continental, 2 vouchers for intercontinental upgrade one way I couldn't find any other rules (hence my question here).
jareczek is offline  
Old Sep 4, 11, 3:12 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Posts: 4,644
Originally Posted by jareczek View Post
May I ask what rules? I was searching for E-Voucher rules, but except simple rules like 1 voucher for continental, 2 vouchers for intercontinental upgrade one way I couldn't find any other rules (hence my question here).
Upgrading from Y to C using PPB points will book you in fare class I, which is the same as for Biz class awards, and these can not be upgraded using e-vouchers.
You will get miles in your original booking class.
more4less is online now  
Old Sep 4, 11, 3:14 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BTS/VIE
Programs: LH FTL**, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,239
Originally Posted by jareczek View Post
May I ask what rules? I was searching for E-Voucher rules, but except simple rules like 1 voucher for continental, 2 vouchers for intercontinental upgrade one way I couldn't find any other rules (hence my question here).
e-vouchers can be used to upgrade from certain booking classes only. Depends on which bucket your PPB upgrade will land in
whiskey_sk is offline  
Old Sep 4, 11, 4:32 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: LH Sen, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by saviox View Post
Upgrading from Y to C using PPB points will book you in fare class I, which is the same as for Biz class awards, and these can not be upgraded using e-vouchers.
Sorry for pushing, but this is my point in a way; where does it say some fare classes can not be upgraded using e-vouchers?
I couldn't find it.
jareczek is offline  
Old Sep 4, 11, 7:36 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by jareczek View Post
Sorry for pushing, but this is my point in a way; where does it say some fare classes can not be upgraded using e-vouchers?
I couldn't find it.
It's not in the e-voucher rules, but your fare rules will say whether your fare can be upgraded or not. Award fares cannot be upgraded...
German-FLyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: