Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Brussels [BRU]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ghentleman
What connection is this? I think it's a perk, so they don't owe you anything.
A perverse response.

In common with other airlines intent on establishing "hub" credentials, but with limited schedules, SN provides accommodation for certain fare classes where same day connections are simply not possible. You may have to ask for it, but it's there.

Whether you call this a perk or sensible business practice is immaterial. It's certainly not a natural law of the universe. But it happens.

And where it happens the hotel accommodation generally reflects the cabin the passenger is travelling in.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
A perverse response.

In common with other airlines intent on establishing "hub" credentials, but with limited schedules, SN provides accommodation for certain fare classes where same day connections are simply not possible. You may have to ask for it, but it's there.

Whether you call this a perk or sensible business practice is immaterial. It's certainly not a natural law of the universe. But it happens.

And where it happens the hotel accommodation generally reflects the cabin the passenger is travelling in.
Perverse? Let's not make this a discussion about semantics. I just wanted to get more insight into your situation as I have never heard about SN offering this.
In this case, I understand a hotel room wasn't advertised, you asked for it and they offered you the Ibis but you want to stay in the Sheraton, which is about 3x more expensive. By all means, get back to SN and ask for it.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perverse? Let's not make this a discussion about semantics. I just wanted to get more insight into your situation as I have never heard about SN offering this.
In this case, I understand a hotel room wasn't advertised, you asked for it and they offered you the Ibis but you want to stay in the Sheraton, which is about 3x more expensive. By all means, get back to SN and ask for it.
Well, almost. The quid pro quo for flying via an overnight connection on a third tier airline was (1) a fare which reflected the inconvenience and (2) overnight accommodation at BRU.

I got both, and managed to enlighten you on the way
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oops! duplicate

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:06 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Further elucidation in the extract from an (admittedly rather old) procedures manual of Brussels Airlines:

Hotel accommodation may be offered to all passengers travelling on inbound or onward connections to and from Africa, provided no same-day outbound or inbound SN/SN flight number connection exists.
Bookings must be SN/SN for the entire journey, both in- and outbound. Passengers must hold tickets in
- C or D class
- Full economy fare
- Other economy class tickets provided the prorated SN value of the ticket
is 900 USD or above (tax excluded), except if previous approval from
Pricing received Only 1 night will be absorbed.

....they offered you the Ibis but you want to stay in the Sheraton, which is about 3x more expensive.
There's a hierarchy of hotels ranked by price. SN's rate at the Sheraton is currently EUR73, and at the Ibis EUR55.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:27 am

Connection @BRU

Hello Flyertalkers,

Could anyone advise me whether this itinerary is doable in terms of the layover time at BRU ?
Also, I would be grateful if someone could inform me what to expect and what is the MCT (Minimum Connecting Time) in this situation.
SN2064 EDI 16:55 --- BRU 19:35

SN6523 BRU 20:30---ATH 00:35 +1

SN6523 is operated by A3.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by pkriticos
Hello Flyertalkers,

Could anyone advise me whether this itinerary is doable in terms of the layover time at BRU ?
Also, I would be grateful if someone could inform me what to expect and what is the MCT (Minimum Connecting Time) in this situation.
SN2064 EDI 16:55 --- BRU 19:35

SN6523 BRU 20:30---ATH 00:35 +1

SN6523 is operated by A3.

Cheers.
Hi @pkriticos,

There’s actually a dedicated thread which has lots of useful tips in regards to BRU, including -needless to say- connections.

Back to the original query and assuming your itinerary is booked under one single PNR, this is indeed a ‘doable’ connection, however bear in mind that you will have to go through security and clear passports on your way from B to A, this (i.e. getting off the plane and walk to your next gate) could take up to 15/20 minutes overall and depending on how busy it is. As you can imagine and in light of the above, a delay of your EDI flight could potentially compromise your onward connection. Data-point: I often connect around that time (coming from Birmingham and heading to Warsaw) and both security & passports are normally plain sailing; also, in case of delay, one of the flight assistants will be handing a card which will allow you to use the fast track at security.

i hope this helps.

G
Ghentleman likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
New (Belgian) rules?

As of 1st of January, Belgian law requires Brussels Airlines to perform a conformity check between the name on your boarding pass and the name on your identity card or passport. Conformity checks will be performed on all Brussels Airlines operated flights to and from Brussels, also on intra-Schengen flights. All guests need to be in possession of an identity card or passport when boarding, including children and infants. You will only be accepted to board your flight if the names on your boarding pass and your identity card or passport match. Therefore, it is important that your official name is mentioned in your reservation. In case your name or the name of other passengers is misspelled, please don't hesitate to contact your travel agency or us via +32 (0)2 723 23 62 or on Facebook / Twitter. Fees may apply.If you are in possession of a European passport, you can make use of the automated border control gates at Brussels Airport, allowing you to go even faster through border control
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
I'll have 75min connection on OSL-BRU-NRT on Friday night.
I guess BRU-NRT flight departs from terminal gate B.
Does anyone know which gate OSL-BRU(SN2284) will arrive?

I really happy if I can take a shower in SN lounge before a long-haul flight.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
It depends day to day, but in my experience the OSL-BRU gate is usually in the A50s. You won’t need to re-clear security, just passport control. On a normal day you should have enough time (I would say around 10-15 mins to walk to B Gates, but last week, for example, there were huge queues at security and passport control, around the time of the NRT flight. So it really depends on the day.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LandMiler

If you have a European passport, it will be fast. Otherwise it really depends. As said above, sometimes the line is empty, other times is very busy...
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:32 pm

Thank you ChrisBub and Micr.

These flights are return-flight after holidays and actually a part of MR for ANA status.
I believe if I delay for BRU-NRT, ANA puts me tomorrows flight with the same condition as they are in one itinerary. (NH5168/SN2284 & NH232)
Staying one night in BRU seems better than tight connection without taking a shower as long as ANA pays my lodging.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:40 am

Hey LandMiler,

Generally in theory this flights arrives at A42 or or somewhere in the 50's and your flight to Tokio will leave from gate B5

Kr,
Kevin
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by LandMiler

Note that the SN lounge in the non-Schengen terminal doesn't have any showers. There are reports on people being allowed to use the showers in the next door Diamond lounge, but I've never tried it myself.

You can always try to shower at the Schengen SN Lounge, but there are two issues 1)You'd still have to clear immigration after your shower, which I find risky as the queues can be long at immigration and 2)the ladies at the desk of the Schengen lounge told me they are soon going to refuse entry to people flying out of terminal B.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:14 pm

Thank you for all comments. I'm back.

I could take a shower in Diamond lounge for quick even SN2284 delayed 10min.
There were only 3 people in passport control for all passport or non-EU citizen lane while EU lane had 10-15 people.
I could arrive Diamond lounge via SN lounge 35mins after landing, it's scheduled boarding time.
ChrisBub likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.