Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Minimum connection times at BRU are as follows:

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .20 .50 .50 .50
OFFLINE .20 .50 .50 .50
** OR * ARE ALL
**-** DI .45 ALL - AMS
**-** DI .45 ALL - DUS

My apologies in advance if any of this seems to insult your intelligence, I just don't know how familiar you are with minimum connecting time and the difference between a legal/illegal connection.

It appears that at BRU, the minimum connection time from International (I) to International (I) is 50 minutes.

Techincally, that makes your 55 minute connection legal, doable (especially with a child in tow) is another matter entirely. I would opine that if you are not an EU citizen (and thus have to use the longer immigration lines) it may benefit you to call UA, calmly explain your circumstances and see if they will put you on a little later BRU-FRA. If that doesn't work, you may be able to request one of those buggies that will zip you through the airport and save a little time. I imagine that you will have little trouble with UA as long as you mention "minimum connecting time" and stress that you will have a 4 year old. Good luck!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
MCT in BRU

I am considering a flight TLV->BRU (SN) -> LHR (BA). The MCT is officially two hours. however, the flight lands at BRU at 5:10, and the flight to LHR is at 6:40. However, I am considering two separate tickets.

Given that the connection is going to be B->B, at a time when the airport is deserted (to say the least, SN has two/three flights landing and that's all), and that SN will leave on time (otherwise - night curfew at TLV kicks in), how crazy am I?

(in other words, defying MCT, taking full responsibility if something goes wrong, etc.).

Thanks,
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:32 pm

MCT in BRU

Can u not book TLV - LHR on BA or BRU - LHR on same ticket with SN?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: M&M, BAEC, SPG
There are a lot of parametres missing like travelling with checked luggage, price of the BRU-LHR and availaibility and average price of later flights. In the worst case scenario you can get an Eurostar to London St Pancras for around 180EUR full fare (2 hours ride).
Old Jan 26, 2014, 2:00 pm

I'm not familiar with the procedure of a B-->B transfer, but if the MCT doesn't allow it I think you're asking for trouble.
By the way, coccobill's suggestion is less crazy than it sounds. You can easily catch the 6:56 train via a direct connection from the airport to Bruxelles Midi, and be in the center of London at 7:57 local time.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Can u not book TLV - LHR on BA or BRU - LHR on same ticket with SN?
obviously, the cheapest option/maximal miles is TLV-BRU-TLV with SN, and then a second ticket (you'd be amazed at the crazy fare structure various airlines, especially inside *A have).
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by coccobill352
There are a lot of parametres missing like travelling with checked luggage, price of the BRU-LHR and availaibility and average price of later flights. In the worst case scenario you can get an Eurostar to London St Pancras for around 180EUR full fare (2 hours ride).
Considered the eurostar (used to be based ex-BRU), but it's the same price as BA. All in all, I understand that the train in this situation is slightly more convinient (slightly, still needs to grab a train to Brussels-Midi/Zuid/whatever they call south this year), but as a FTer, wouldn't it be better to collect real miles?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Connecting in Brussels on Brussels Airlines?

Anyone had a opportunity to connect in Brussels before?

1) How close is a 50 minute connection? Planning on doing YUL - BRU - MAD

2) There is only one Brussels Airlines flight from BRU - MAD. What happens if Air Canada runs late and I miss the flight. How big is the AC presence there and anyone with experience on rebooking?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
J/Y ? Carry on only? 50 is tight. SE? Then concierge.
Any cheap LCC options, done this many times such as Veuling etc.

Last edited by Aspan; Mar 18, 2014 at 11:46 pm Reason: More info
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:03 am

Haven't connected in BRU but flown through it a couple of times. Most EU flights operate from the remote terminal (like LHR T5) which is nice enough but would likely require a power walk up/down several series of escalators. Furthermore, there is a security checkpoint at the entry to the remote terminal; not sure if there's a secure 'airside' way of transferring between the two terminals.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. You're not missing out much on SN either - its a poor product. Red carpetesque lounge and the only airline I ve been on aside from FR that doesn't even serve water in Y on discount tickets.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by yulred
Haven't connected in BRU but flown through it a couple of times. Most EU flights operate from the remote terminal (like LHR T5) which is nice enough but would likely require a power walk up/down several series of escalators. Furthermore, there is a security checkpoint at the entry to the remote terminal; not sure if there's a secure 'airside' way of transferring between the two terminals.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. You're not missing out much on SN either - its a poor product. Red carpetesque lounge and the only airline I ve been on aside from FR that doesn't even serve water in Y on discount tickets.
I would echo all of those points. I just transferred through BRU a few weeks ago and found it slightly worse than FRA. Passport control, long walkway under the tarmac, security re-screening, and then you end up at one end of the terminal. If you have bad luck and your next flight is at the end of the terminal (like I had), then you will have a good additional 10 minutes of walking to get there. The terminal itself is however quite pleasant. Things should get significantly better once they complete the addition to the airport, making transfers much smoother (doesn't help you short- or mid-term).

I was surprised that normal Y is only offered drinks and food for sale, but if your ticket puts you into "premium" Y then you will get drinks and a sandwich, chips, or similar small snack.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:04 am
Company Representative: Brussels Airlines

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Anyone had a opportunity to connect in Brussels before?

1) How close is a 50 minute connection? Planning on doing YUL - BRU - MAD

2) There is only one Brussels Airlines flight from BRU - MAD. What happens if Air Canada runs late and I miss the flight. How big is the AC presence there and anyone with experience on rebooking?
Hi cooleddie,

if you book both flights within one reservation (e.g. on brusselsairlines.com) you will have no issues connecting in Brussels. Since you are able to book these flights together as a connection, it means the connection is guaranteed and thus possible. If both flights are booked within one reservation number and your first flight is delayed, Brussels Airlines will find a solution in order to get you to Madrid as soon as possible.

We hope to welcome you soon on board! Should you have other question, we are available for customer requests on Twitter (@FlyingBrussels) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/brusselsairlines).

Kind Regards,
Kim
Social Media Manager
Brussels Airlines
Fizzer and trooper like this.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Wow, impressive to see Brussels rep responding to specific query in FT, and even tracking it down in the AC forum!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Wow, impressive to see Brussels rep responding to specific query in FT, and even tracking it down in the AC forum!
I was just going to say the same thing.

While I do appreciate all of AC Altitude's posts, they're nothing like this.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet

Ditto - Brussels Air should give lessons to ACAltitude on how to interact with FF's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.