FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Don't Fly Lufthansa!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1240123-dont-fly-lufthansa.html)

sarah21 Jul 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Don't Fly Lufthansa!!

They are not helpful at all.

I left my iPod Touch on the plane...and realized it before boarding my next flight...15 minutes later. I notified the ticket counter and instead of calling the LH crew 1299 to check, the LH attendant gave me an email address and told me to send them a note when I get to the States. Duh?!! That's not helpful and we pay them for such service. The food is bad, the service is inept, and the planes are weak....why are they still in business?

dimramon Jul 30, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks for the warning. I will cancel next week's flight.... :rolleyes:

Eastbay1K Jul 30, 2011 11:32 am

Originally Posted by sarah21 (Post 16784676)
They are not helpful at all.

I left my iPod Touch on the plane...and realized it before boarding my next flight...15 minutes later. I notified the ticket counter and instead of calling the LH crew 1299 to check, the LH attendant gave me an email address and told me to send them a note when I get to the States. Duh?!! That's not helpful and we pay them for such service. The food is bad, the service is inept, and the planes are weak....why are they still in business?

Great first post ^

They are probably still in business because they sell everything that people leave on board to fund a stellar first class offering.

SFO777 Jul 30, 2011 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 16827518)
Great first post ^
They are probably still in business because they sell everything that people leave on board to fund a stellar first class offering.

LMAO. :D^

francophile Jul 30, 2011 11:54 am

Posts like these only make me wish that Flyertalk would implement a policy where there is a 30-day waiting period before new members can post messages.

LAXJetter Jul 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Lufthansa is one of the better ways to get to Europe. I cant heed your advice. Sorry.

SPBanker Jul 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Great first post ^

:D

pvdecastro Jul 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Great first TR ! Keep'em coming !

dinoscool3 Jul 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by pvdecastro (Post 16827939)
Great first TR ! Keep'em coming !

Lol ;)

Moomba Jul 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Not a trip report. Moving on to Lufthansa.

Moomba
Moderator Trip Reports

HIDDY Jul 30, 2011 7:23 pm

That's not funny.

I left my sense of humour on a IB flight once....as you see I never got it back.

danielonn Jul 30, 2011 7:55 pm

WTH

I cannot believe you are telling us FTers not to fly on LH because you could not get your personal item that you left They always announce to check around your seats and the seat pocket in front of you for your personal belongings. They further go on to say that you cannot return to the aircraft for security reasons.

By reporting the lost item you may just get it back in a few days time. I would suggest you deactivate your ITunes Account and see if you can track to see where the device is using Find my IPOD/IPAD/IPhone app on another computer using MobileMe.

I am sorry you lost your device and I feel bad for you but I am not going to not fly on LH because of your mistake. I did not leave your IPOD Tpuch on your flight did i? LOL

Anyways I love LH and find their service to be above other airlines like United. Next time try flying on United and report back to me how you enjoyed the flight where you got average meals/ paid for alcohol/ not a good selection of Inflight Entertainment etc. Try leaving your IPOD Touch on United and tell us what happens.Point is if you leave your item on other airlines the same thing could happen. You might as well stay at home or don't travel with your precious electronics if you are afraid to lose it. I fly with my IPOD and as soon as I am done listening to it goes right into its case and into my backpack so I don't lose it.

Before landing I always check the seat pocket in front of me, put my items in my bag and store it in the overhead locker before we land to make sure everything is there. When we land before leaving the plane I make one last look to see if I have everything. Simple as that.

Safe Travels to you.

BlueZebra Jul 30, 2011 8:24 pm

FLASH!!!!! There was a (one) (1) post over on the United board where a person actually took responsibility for their screw up. Now that is news!:D

How are LH planes "weak"? Don't eat their Wheaties?

terry26 Jul 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Loving this thread! Please be sure to post after your next trip with Delta.

dinoscool3 Jul 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by terry26 (Post 16830118)
Loving this thread! Please be sure to post after your next trip with Delta.

Or UA ;)