Don't Fly Lufthansa!!

Old Jul 31, 11, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I've had pretty good experience retrieving lost stuff on LH group.
I forgot my Bose headsets on a flight to VIE and also my duty free at security (must have been a really bad day..?).
I got both items sent to DUS for pickup at the lost luggage desk!
I was absolutely amazed and sent them a huge thank you message!
Old Jul 31, 11, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
Flying to Chicago, I once left my laptop on an LH plane. I was already through immigration and was waiting at the baggage claim, when a flight attendant was looking for me and gave it to me. I was amazed! Bravo LH!
Old Jul 31, 11, 6:15 pm

just recently a colleague of mine left an ipad on a LH flight to FRA, reported to lost and found and i picked it up two days later in FRA for him as i was passing thru!

a year ago, colleagues left items at security checkpoint (camera, phone, ipod and what not), sent within a few days to sweden, at no cost!

two years ago, i left my bose headset incl. ipod) on an NZ flight to SYD (after connecting from LH). around 2pm after arrival at my sydney hotel i got a call from LH australia saying that NZ called them and let them know that i left it in my seat pocket (i hadn't even noticed by then). the LH guys down there even called NZ back on my behalf to arrange a pickup with them two days later, right before departure from SYD!

none of those times did i need to flash any of my status cards, the NZ incident was a C award, the other two times where cheapo Y tickets...

if only all of LH's departments would be so customer oriented, there really would be no better way to fly...
Old Jul 31, 11, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sarah21 View Post
..I left my iPod Touch on the plane...and realized it before boarding my next flight...15 minutes later. I notified the ticket counter and instead of calling the LH crew 1299 to check...
Welcome to FT ^ .

The ticket counter? Could you not have asked the shower attendant in the lounge? She might have had more time to spare after all.
Old Jul 31, 11, 6:36 pm

I need to know what you guys are drinking on board! While you certainly overdo it, it seems to provide and intense experience! I want to be part of that.
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
..I forgot my Bose headsets on a flight to VIE and also my duty free at security (must have been a really bad day..?)..
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
..two years ago, i left my bose headset incl. ipod) on an NZ flight to SYD..
Originally Posted by attorney28 View Post
Flying to Chicago, I once left my laptop on an LH plane..
Originally Posted by hugoalone View Post
Last year I was travelling with friends and my friend left his new digital camera on bord..
Old Jul 31, 11, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
I also find Sarah21's original post not too substantive and disagree in quite a few parts of it.

But I also disagree with the way she's treated here in the forum. It very much reminds me of how 10 year olds treat their class mate who's made them loose in soccer by failing in a totally simple and easy to win situation.

I can understand the frustration, but it doesn't help the mate!
Old Jul 31, 11, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by weero View Post
I need to know what you guys are drinking on board! While you certainly overdo it, it seems to provide and intense experience! I want to be part of that.
oh i'm sure you want to know that, unfortunately the secret drink is only available to SEN+ and above...

Originally Posted by swiss_global View Post
I can understand the frustration, but it doesn't help the mate!
she got given the lost&found email and/or phone number, a service which, judging by most posts here, is doing a very good job. so why not send them a note? if they don't react or are unhelpful then by all means, complain...
the way its written now there is no ground for a complaint, other than to herself for leaving the ipod on the plane.
i for one am happy that ticket agent issue tickets and don't waste their time trying to retrieve left items. its pretty safe to say that there must be hundreds of items left on LH flights all over the world, every day... that's the reason why they have a department for that, its called lost&found, not ticket counter!
Old Jul 31, 11, 9:00 pm

But I also disagree with the way she's treated here in the forum. It very much reminds me of how 10 year olds treat their class mate who's made them loose in soccer by failing in a totally simple and easy to win situation.
o no, that'll be sure to start my nitemares again.... softball, basketball, volleyball...... lost a few games for my 10 yr classmates......
Old Jul 31, 11, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
My son left his headphones and I-pod the other day on our flight from FRA to HKG - I made a few phone calls to the local office, they talked to lost&found at the airport and less than 24 hours later, my son was reunited with his belongings at the airport. Excellent service from LH. Obviously, our son got an earful!

I would bet the OP will never show up again on this board. All she wanted to do is to vent her frustration about having lost her stuff. Her behavior reminds me of my kids (9 and 7 yrs. old) - never take responsibility and blame everyone else for your mistakes. Funny enough, she got exactly the opposite reaction than imagined - lots of positive stories about LH; seems that this is turning into one of the most positive threads about LH in a long time!
Old Jul 31, 11, 11:28 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Similar experience with Aeroflot. Apparently my mobile phone had slipped out of my pocket when flying CDG-SVO. At SVO, during the security check (transit), I found out because it wasn't there when I was taking everything out of my pocket. Immediately went to the uninterested Aeroflot representative at the Transfer Desk Office, told me to file a report at HKG (which was 12 hours later, including time in transit) and they'll "telegram Sheremetyevo Lost&Found".

I found it a bit unreasonable that she couldn't call the cleaning crew (I had the aircraft registration on hand, being an FTer ), and she claimed that the doors of the aircraft are closed and "we" have no access.

In the end, couldn't find it - obviously because of the time issue.
Old Aug 1, 11, 10:15 am

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by G_G View Post
Sorry, somehow the quote got lost. I was referring to the excellent posting of the OP
Old Aug 1, 11, 10:36 am

I also find Sarah21's original post not too substantive and disagree in quite a few parts of it..
How many parts were there to disagree with?
  • lost the pop
  • nagged to the ticket desk
  • got an email address
  • flew on
Other than that I believe that she talked to a person at a customer service desk, there isn't some grand lie embedded somewhere here.
Old Aug 2, 11, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
I'm not implying any lies, just wouldn't use ticket desk for lost and found etc.
Old Aug 3, 11, 5:35 am

.. just wouldn't use ticket desk for lost and found etc.
I doubt that she even learned that lesson.
Old Aug 3, 11, 4:07 pm

Programs: LH HON and sh..load of others too
I wonder if the OP will have the dignity to come back here and post a retractment once she has recieved her item back from LH.

I once left a folder with some documents on a flight to FRA - it fell under the seat upon touchdown and I forgot to retrieve it from there. Once inside the terminal, I contacted the GA for my onward flight, she made a few calls and I had it waiting for me in my next aircraft when I boarded. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: