Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't Fly Lufthansa!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by francophile
Posts like these only make me wish that Flyertalk would implement a policy where there is a 30-day waiting period before new members can post messages.
+1 ^
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Or UA
Or US
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HIDDY
That's not funny.

I left my sense of humour on a IB flight once....as you see I never got it back.
Don't be bitter because they ran out of RSJ right before they got to your row.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by francophile
Posts like these only make me wish that Flyertalk would implement a policy where there is a 30-day waiting period before new members can post messages.
I don't think my first post was a complaint I remembered my first post was to ask a question.

What I think FT might want to add something like, 'please don't sign up just to make a complaint' when new members sign up.

OT is careless, I don't see that's LH's problem, regardless of what airline you fly they won't let you back or search the whole plane for you. Flying is like taking a bus, you lost it then you report to lost and found and hope for the best.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by gohima
Lufthansa is one of the better ways to get to Europe. I cant heed your advice. Sorry.
Last year I was travelling with friends and my friend left his new digital camera on bord. At the baggage claim in SFO one LH stewardess came to me and said, that my friend left his camera at his seat. She said, that they have to gave the camera to Lost and Found. He got his camera back within 10 minutes while waiting for the baggage.

So I had a total different experience.

So just look around your seat when the purser makes the announcement for the personal items shortly before landing.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by sarah21
They are not helpful at all.

I left my iPod Touch on the plane...and realized it before boarding my next flight...15 minutes later. I notified the ticket counter and instead of calling the LH crew 1299 to check, the LH attendant gave me an email address and told me to send them a note when I get to the States. Duh?!! That's not helpful and we pay them for such service. The food is bad, the service is inept, and the planes are weak....why are they still in business?
Leave item on plance

Blame airline

flawless logic
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Perhaps the OP is a bit over the top, but this does seem like lame behavior on the part of the LH staff.

I left a pair of Bose headphones on a plane to Barcelona once. The BCN ground staff was unhelpful, but I did eventually get my headphones back after contacting LHRelate, who was superb. (we miss you, Michelle!)

So I can sympathize with the OP, even if I might not have urged everyone not to fly LH...
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Hello Sarah,
don't know what you're complaining about but on my last flight out of FRA i've got a ipod free of charge! They simply put them in the seat pocket. Outstanding service i would say.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH Silver, Premier M&M Mastercard, OK Plus
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Hello Sarah,
don't know what you're complaining about but on my last flight out of FRA i've got a ipod free of charge! They simply put them in the seat pocket. Outstanding service i would say.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:11 am

weero , where are you ??!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero

I left my iPod Touch on the plane...and realized it before boarding my next flight...15 minutes later. I notified the ticket counter and instead of calling the LH crew 1299 to check, the LH attendant gave me an email address and told me to send them a note when I get to the States. Duh?!! That's not helpful and we pay them for such service. The food is bad, the service is inept, and the planes are weak....why are they still in business?
Thanks for warning, I will cancel some flights ^

I agree, they are not helpful in your case. Shame on them
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
For which marketing agency do you work?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 1:49 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by alfahund
For which marketing agency do you work?
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
They were pretty helpful in getting my butt to Germany. The swim would have been a real hassle.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

Hi sarah21,

Not in LH but in LX which I guess it follows a similar protocol: I left my mobile in a plane from BCN to ZRH and I only realized when I was in BUD(part of the same trip/ticket).
They also gave me a mail address,...After 3/4 days I collected my mobile in BCN ticket office, where I had asked them to send it, so ^
In any case, even if my phone would have never appeared, very likely I would still fly LX.

Good luck with your iPod!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.