Trip Report with pictures: First Class in the A380

Old Jul 14, 11, 9:57 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 597
Trip Report with pictures: First Class in the A380

What a great experience!!

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...4d50f7d6b78e27
Meilensammler is offline  
Old Jul 14, 11, 10:12 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 566
Looks awesome (to use Steve Jobs' favorite word)!

Looking forward to my flight in 1A to Miami
German-FLyer is offline  
Old Jul 14, 11, 10:22 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Europe
Programs: BA Gold+, LH HON, Starw Plat, RC Plat
Posts: 290
hum..seat is perfect, not really. Very straight to sit in and with my bad back rather unpleasant during the time on the ground, take off and landing. Food service has not changed, still slow and very very average for an F product.
Lockers or storage area is superb as is the lounge and transfer to aircraft.
Good sleeping position but overall compared to other F products in the market is remains average to good.
Golden is offline  
Old Jul 14, 11, 7:39 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 2,872
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
hum..seat is perfect, not really. Very straight to sit in and with my bad back rather unpleasant during the time on the ground, take off and landing. Food service has not changed, still slow and very very average for an F product.
Lockers or storage area is superb as is the lounge and transfer to aircraft.
Good sleeping position but overall compared to other F products in the market is remains average to good.
I think we can disregard your comment on the seating position on the ground as not relevant to rate the overall F product.

Food & beverage is the weakest point on LH in F now - but once they have fixed that they have a top product in the market. Cabin crew is usually doing a good job and in terms of timing you should let them know in advance what your personal timing preferences are - and they will cater for that.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Jul 15, 11, 7:24 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
Posts: 8,006
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Food & beverage is the weakest point on LH in F now -
Then fly CX first class and you will think LH catering is one of the best in the industry
NA-Flyer is offline  
Old Jul 15, 11, 11:04 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIA and VRN
Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Posts: 527
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
I think we can disregard your comment on the seating position on the ground as not relevant to rate the overall F product.

Food & beverage is the weakest point on LH in F now - but once they have fixed that they have a top product in the market. Cabin crew is usually doing a good job and in terms of timing you should let them know in advance what your personal timing preferences are - and they will cater for that.
Could not agree more. I actually think that, in terms of quality of food in LH F, appetizers are pretty good (not just the caviar!) and desserts too. It is the main course that is often insufficient. Last month MIA-FRA (on the new A380) I had the fish serving and it was so forgettable that...I forgot what fish was!
But I must commend the FAs, they do their best and they seem proud of their job, quite rare these days.
afmiami is offline  
Old Jul 16, 11, 8:55 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Posts: 2,754
Originally Posted by afmiami View Post
Could not agree more. I actually think that, in terms of quality of food in LH F, appetizers are pretty good (not just the caviar!) and desserts too. It is the main course that is often insufficient. Last month MIA-FRA (on the new A380) I had the fish serving and it was so forgettable that...I forgot what fish was!
Exactly. On a recent LH flight the F entrée choices were so unappealing I declined them all. Pigeon Strudel anyone?

Having highly decorated Chefs on staff is great; but the resulting meal options seemed awfully esoteric IMO.


SunLover
SunLover is offline  
Old Jul 16, 11, 5:53 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,558
Well-done and Thanks!^
Flyingfox is offline  
Old Jul 17, 11, 12:56 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Posts: 1,491
Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
Exactly. On a recent LH flight the F entrée choices were so unappealing I declined them all. Pigeon Strudel anyone?

Having highly decorated Chefs on staff is great; but the resulting meal options seemed awfully esoteric IMO.
I would agree with this. Also had the pigeon strudel option on FRA-LAX last week, went for the traditional fish and wasn't overly impressed. Lamb chops were on the menu, but they ran out of this choice before we had placed our orders -- how does that happen in F with only 8 passengers?? Really should not happen. Also, mid-flight sorbet snack -- they only loaded 2 of these for 8 passengers. The flight attendants were embarrassed by the shortages and offered us a bottle of champagne.
SFOTurtle is offline  
Old Jul 18, 11, 10:04 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 597
and here is my trip-report for Miami-Frankfurt with cockpit pictures:

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...d7b4ea0a6b8c9b
Meilensammler is offline  
Old Jul 18, 11, 2:10 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,558
Originally Posted by Meilensammler View Post
and here is my trip-report for Miami-Frankfurt with cockpit pictures:

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...d7b4ea0a6b8c9b
Also well-done,^

Cheers!
Flyingfox is offline  
Old Jul 19, 11, 1:18 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 597
Take-Off in Miami via tail-camera

Take off in Miami as seen from the onboard-camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSoW_TjDNNQ
Meilensammler is offline  
Old Jul 23, 11, 12:54 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: MIA and VRN
Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Posts: 527
Originally Posted by Meilensammler View Post
Take off in Miami as seen from the onboard-camera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSoW_TjDNNQ
"Please turn off all your electronic devices..."
afmiami is offline  
Old Jul 23, 11, 4:26 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
Exactly. On a recent LH flight the F entrée choices were so unappealing I declined them all. Pigeon Strudel anyone?

Having highly decorated Chefs on staff is great; but the resulting meal options seemed awfully esoteric IMO.


SunLover
I've been on a flight where a Swiss noodle specialty (pizokel) in mushroom-cheese sauce as well as lamb were offered along with the infamous pigeon strudel. Had the pizokel and liked it a lot, the lamb looked tasty as well.
BikeHelmet is offline  
Old Jul 25, 11, 8:01 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oberasbach (Nuernberg), Germany
Programs: M&M
Posts: 161
Originally Posted by Meilensammler View Post
and here is my trip-report for Miami-Frankfurt with cockpit pictures:
"Da kein Schlafanzug mehr in meiner Größe verfügbar war hat man mir nach eingehender Beratung mit dem Piloten am Gate noch ein Sweatshirt mit Miami Aufdruck gekauft - schönes Souvenir. Hatte zum Glück noch meinen Schlafanzug vom Hinflug im Handgepäck."

You had your own pyjama with you and let them buy a sweater for you because you didn't get a pyjama from them? And discussed this with the pilot. OMG ...

Oliver
OliverLHfan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: