Search

IT problems with award booking on M&M webpage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
IT problems with award booking on M&M webpage

Not sure if it's just me...

I am trying to book an award flight on Miles and More and nothing comes up whatever route I choose. The only message I get is "A technical error has occurred. Please contact help desk". And naturally, help desk is "busy due to high call volume."...

When talking to a Miles and More agent, naturally FlySmart is bookable only online, and if online booking agent is not available, "it is still only bookable online, sir"....
Old Jul 12, 2011, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
call the internet helpdesk, they will manually book a flysmart (regular award and then later you get a credit for the difference)
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
call the internet helpdesk, they will manually book a flysmart (regular award and then later you get a credit for the difference)
Thank you, oliver2002. I did that and was told that flysmart awards can only be booked online, no matter what. When I suggested booking it as regualr award and then refunding the miles difference, I was told that because I have 38000 miles (I want to do 15+15 in taxes), this option is not possible, either. Another "competent" agent told me that in general what I ask is possible but because open-jaws cannot be booked under flysmart, they can only be booked via an agent and that rules out the flysmart option... Utter nonsense and really unnecessary hassle...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
sadly the internet helpline is nowadays coming out at the regular call center for some reason. hang up and tray again, I suppose...
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:11 am
Original Poster

And now it gets even more interesting... In my address section, everything is blank (I assume that's why the system can't display the flights since it does not know POS). Hmm, so again calling Germany from abroad for it helpful IT line :-(((
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
I had the same error when tried to book LO flights in promotion 10k miles + taxes. The bad thing was that cc was authorized and every time I tried it put the next funds blockade on my card.

Called Polish M&M helpdesk, they manually made a new booking with the proper amount of miles, apologized for the problem. And the tix was 080-, not the 220- as all the awards usually are.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:29 pm

Old thread yes - but still experiencing problems over the weekend booking awards. Am I the only one or are the miles and more servers under maintainence.

Mac user (have tried both safari and chrome) now and then i get a result but 9 out of 10 searches fail.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH FT, AA Plat
Just the usual scam, they try to deter you from using the miles you earned and try not to award miles from the promotions they have. I'm experiencing both issues with them and it's highly frustrating to have to be on the phone to "get through" a person with a brain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.