Meilenschnppchen / Mileage Bargains [discounted award promo]

Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The VIE-LAX offer for 55k in C this month is pretty tempting....
For some reason I thought it was for January, in which case I would have used it even though the weather in LA can be not so brilliant in January. Must have not read it properly, because I always assume such bargains have to be booked so far in advance.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:22 pm

The OS bargains are often last minute. And also only from Austria.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The SWISS bargains also seem to be for last minute departures, which I find much better. Luckily it's not too hard to get to either Austria or Switzerland from Germany. I think only Lufthansa demand such a far out booking window.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Since the mileage bargains are non-refundable, I actually prefer it that they're relatively last minute. I'd feel a lot worse about making a non-refundable booking several months into the future.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:42 am

I like both!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Lack
The OS bargains are often last minute. And also only from Austria.
They are not often but always "last minute" and from Austria. ;-)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I'm not in this time, got to much to do in October keeping my feet on the ground and my fingers on the piano. Hope someone can make use of them.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Mileage Bargains

I was hoping somebody here could advise me how to get the attention of the M&M management?
I've tried calling the support desk, but unfortunately they are not really helping me...

I am struggling using my earned miles, was hoping to use them for the millage bargains, but it seemed to be impossible.
I've send an email to Miles & More, I am now awaiting some reaction, but I am not very hopeful.
Anybody here some advise how I can really benefit from my earned miles?

I might be at fault for not really understanding the program, but I hope somebody can just explain me, why it is so difficult to benefit from the M&M promotions.

Below the email I've send to M&M, explaining my frustrations:

Dear,

I am writing you regarding the monthly 'milage Bargains', I am writing at a time I got frustrated because of very poor experiences with the loyalty program.
During many years I have been earning miles by saving them on flights and American Express spendings. The plan was to use them at the moment I had enough miles to treat my little family for a long haul business class flight.
The monthly 'Milage Bargains' seemed like the perfect way to use them, but the opposite seems to be true.

This month, I've put my alarm at the 2nd of November to explore the new promotions, I was super excited to notice 3 great deals on the website: Singapore, Mexico City and San Diego!
Wow 3 top destinations to start our 'Springbreak Holidays'.
The excitement soon turned into great disappointment, none of the flights had availability for more than 1 person at the 50% discounted rate, even though you can still book other seats in business-class but only at the full '100% rate'.
There are seats available, but you refuse to offer them as a promotion, even with the travel and booking period as shown in the conditions of this promotion...
I am elite member of other frequent flyer programs and none of them make it this hard as 'Miles & More' to redeem miles for business class flights. On top of all that 'Miles and More' charges more than 500 for fuel surtaxes etc... whereas the average program charges less than 100.

It is also not possible to see on which days there are seats available at the promotion, you need to go through the entire booking each time. To end up with a disappointment every time.
It's hard to understand why Miles & More find it so difficult to reward their loyal customer, even with miles we saved for during years and years. My miles almost don't seem to have lots of value at Star Alliance...
I hope somebody from the Miles & More team can stand up and improve the award program and improve the entire customer experience.
I don't feel comfortable continuing my loyalty and membership while I feel cheated each time I try to use my miles.

Feel free to reach out to me and to discuss this issue.
If somebody can advise which days you have any availability from Brussels for any of the 3 destinations between 30/3 and 15/4, it would be very much appreciated. (2 adults and 2 childs)

Looking forward for a reply.

Best regards,

Remco

So am I being just a difficult or ignorant customer, or is anybody else here having the same issues?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I think you are wasting your time and they dont really care. But expecting 4 tickets at discounted price, also seems a bit as wishful thinking, even for full price fares I dont think that would be possible.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you’d be lucky to even get two seats on a mileage bargain. In the premium cabins anyway.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
I think youd be lucky to even get two seats on a mileage bargain. In the premium cabins anyway.
actually never had an issue to get 2 seats in C on either LH or OS ex VIE. Agree, not statistically relevant maybe, but the 4 or 5 times I actually wanted to use bargains, it worked every time.
I also agree that expecting 4 seats on the same flight is really pushing it...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN, MU Gold, SPG Gold
Took me a while to book two between HKG-LHR for my wife and me. Many choices out of HKG, but most of time you need to select work days as outbound date to see the 70k miles bargain deal pops up.

Since the SEN companion awards do not work for mileage bargains, I have to take some advance from mileage (30k).

1st time booking did not go through, and the service line lady confirmed me (after asking supervisor) that mileage advance won't work for bargains. But 5 mins off the phone, I refreshed the webpage, and it went through with around 30k miles advance

Last edited by serali; Nov 11, 2017 at 4:13 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Alaska MVPG75
Anyone know how to get actual dates/pricing for these?
I see "Business fuer 55,000 M" and when I click to see what dates are available, it requires me to log in. When I do, it says I need to have at least 7K in my account to do anything further.
I don't have those as I was going to transfer SPG points to Lufthansa once I see which dates are available.
Any suggestions on how to get dates/pricing?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:19 am

You can check award availability on United.com for LH flights, it won't translate 1:1 but will give you a general idea of what's out there.

The problem with SPG is that from what I recall it takes a while for the miles to transfer so those seats might disappear in the meantime.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lack
You can check award availability on United.com for LH flights, it won't translate 1:1 but will give you a general idea of what's out there.
...but the "general idea of what's out there" doesn't help when it comes to Meilenschnppchen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.