The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by bobbysfca
I would pay extra to avoid the LH A380.
The seating situation is intolerable for any flight over 2 hours.

A United 777 in E+ is FAR superior in comfort.
In regular Y, United is better due to not having the IFE box.
+1

without emergency exit row (75) A380 is a total mess. The only upside is the quiet cabin. Rest (army of people onboard, huge queues @ immigration, slow service) kills flying experience in Y.

Booked A346 few weeks ago on a similar route WAW-XXX-SFO. Now fighting for 26ACHK.

mfk
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by MichalFKowalik
+1

without emergency exit row (75) A380 is a total mess. The only upside is the quiet cabin. Rest (army of people onboard, huge queues @ immigration, slow service) kills flying experience in Y.

Booked A346 few weeks ago on a similar route WAW-XXX-SFO. Now fighting for 26ACHK.

mfk
I have currently 60C which should be an exit row. Is there any extra legroom ?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Those who have actually travelled the lh a380, would you pick it over a ua 777 in y usa-germany?
Just came in on A380 FRA-SFO. I was pretty happy with it, actually. The seats are comfortable, leg room seems OK (just about as good as E+) and the seats are wide enough. The seat reclining in front does impinge a bit. Because the walls tilt awa slightly the cabin feels more spacious.

I would choose it over the UA 777, dunno about the PCO 777, haven't had the pleasure.

I liked it a bit less than LH's renovated 747 economy class (which we flew right before, HKG-FRA), because that seat cushion actually tilts down sightly when you recline.

In an odd way I was more satisfied with E on the A380 than I was with business. The business product on the A380 is pathetic, and there are so many seats that the service suffers compared to what you get on other aircraft. The E product is better than competitors, especially when you leave out E+ on United, so I was quite happy with it.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Don't you think the people who are brave enough to fly LH in Economy deserve something for their effort?
Y to Asia is certainly a big effort.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Y to Asia is certainly a big effort.
Not in 76A/K
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Not in 76A/K
Exactly, got two flights to SIN planned and was able to score those seats on all flights.... Business is better but not by much :-).
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Exactly, got two flights to SIN planned and was able to score those seats on all flights.... Business is better but not by much :-).
Never spent a night in 76A. I thought it was like 33A on the 744, where I definitely prefer 32B. Got a return from IAH on my schedule. Should I go for 76A or 75B then given my 744 prefrences?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

76A/K is a seat where there is no seat in the bulkhead row in front of you.
You get the advantages of the bulkhead, a lot of legroom and no need to disturb anybody when getting up. The additional advantage over row 75 is that people waiting for the lavs don't bother you in 76A/K.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:50 am

76A/K is a seat where there is no seat in the bulkhead row in front of you.
You get the advantages of the bulkhead, a lot of legroom and no need to disturb anybody when getting up. The additional advantage over row 75 is that people waiting for the lavs don't bother you in 76A/K.
That sounds to me like 33A on the 744. Is the door as big as in the 744? Thats what slightly decreases legroom and makes it difficult to exit via this way when people in 32B/C are sleeping. Which is why I usually prefer 32B
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:34 am

So you're the person having 76A occupied so I had to choose 76K on some of my flights to SIN
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep, but I wouldn't mind swapping... They are both the same to me .
Doing really well so far when flying the A388 in Y, never had anything other than 75 or 76A/K and only somebody next to me...

And since I don't really like C on the A388 with that big cabin, this is a nice and cheap alternative. Especially since it's my own money.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ded0r
That sounds to me like 33A on the 744. Is the door as big as in the 744? Thats what slightly decreases legroom and makes it difficult to exit via this way when people in 32B/C are sleeping. Which is why I usually prefer 32B
The door protrudes inside just a little, no problems getting out. And sometimes the are people standing in the free space before 75 that bump into you when you are sleeping. So I think 76A/K is even better.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: VS Gold
I have a couple of questions, please, as Ill be travelling with my 8 yr old son.

1. Has anyone been in row 50 (the first row in Y?). The rows with TVs in the armrest are not so good in case he wants to sleep and lie partly in my lap. Seatguru does not mention TVs in armrests even though its bulkhead.

2. Which door is used for Y boarding usually in SFO ?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
The only time I flew LH 388 was this spring between SFO and FRA. The Y cabin was about 90% full, with only 2 SEN in Y and several FTL, and I was seated on 76A. This was a pleasant experience I have to say, especially on an overnight flight, with the seat 76B blocked and a very nice neighbour in 76C to chat with. Easy to leave the seat without disturbing anybody, the only drawback is the IFE located under the seat.
The cabin crew was also very nice, and like the MUC-SFO flight I took 2 weeks before, most of the cabin crew were working part-time for LH (students).
The boarding in SFO was somehow chaotic (I mean there were 500 pax to board !) with F and J pax boarding in the upper level and Y pax in the lower level. *G travelling in Y were eligible to board with F and J pax, but asked to board downstairs...
Disembarked at the infamous C gates in FRA. That was a first for me, and hopefully the last.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: LH FT, IB
Originally Posted by maxmin
I have a couple of questions, please, as Ill be travelling with my 8 yr old son.

1. Has anyone been in row 50 (the first row in Y?). The rows with TVs in the armrest are not so good in case he wants to sleep and lie partly in my lap. Seatguru does not mention TVs in armrests even though its bulkhead.

2. Which door is used for Y boarding usually in SFO ?
Regarding your first question, I've travelled in that row (50). It's a bulkhead with lots of legroom, little space in the bin, fixed armrests. I believe that the TV is in the armrests, but I didn't use it on that particular flight.

In any case, the armrests are fixed, so, not so good for what you pretend (but an excellent row if you are travelling alone)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.