The A380 economy experience-post it here.

Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Booked on FRA-JFK.
I have already chosen the seats, but which is better?
We are 4 people and I chose row 92.
Is there economy on the upper deck?
No economy on upper deck, but I'll give another ^ for Rows 75 and 76 on either side.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep, but only for M&M status customers or you need to wait until OLCI.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yep, but only for M&M status customers or you need to wait until OLCI.
Won't these seats be available to all at booking (for a fee) under the new revenue enhancement structure? If they will stay exclusive to M&M status customers until OLCI, then I am less unhappy...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm not sure if they plan to (or maybe already do) sell those seats for an extra fee. I can see the extra revenue in it since having access to these seats makes quite a difference. I could still live with it if I could get them for free as a SEN, still better than what some others (like KL) do for elites (50% off is still 50% too much).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:33 am

Programs: BA blue, AVIS, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hilton Gold
Economy on upper deck A380 ?

Greetings !

Planing a trip to Miami in Y next spring. Looking at the seating map it says that on upper deck, in the back of the cabin, there are a 2-4-2 economy seat- section. But on Lufthansa,s webbsite it only shows/says that upper deck is configured with first and bussinesclass seats, no Y.

Can someone please explain to me ?

Regards
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:37 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
This has been raised in another thread and as you will see in this post it looks like LH is replacing some Business seats on the upper deck of the 380 with Economy seats on some routes.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:55 am

If you can grab such a Y seat, go for it I'd say. I was flying upper deck Y on the SQ A380 couple times - much better than lower deck.

I'm just questioning why they put a few Y seats in there - that area should be - if you split the upper deck - for their new Y+ product, nothing else.

Shows again that LH doesn't really have a "masterplan"..
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If you want to have a window seat in order to look outside, I would recommend to avoid upper deck Y seats. You might face a wall.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
If you can grab such a Y seat, go for it I'd say. I was flying upper deck Y on the SQ A380 couple times - much better than lower deck...
Really, I cannot even begin to imagine why lower/upper would make any difference.... Unless you think that those business seats that are there in some way enhance your economy experience.

Not publishing seatmaps for these "seasonal" configurations is among the annoying things LH does.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Y on the back of UD config is planned for summer 2015. E-CL (premium eco) will go into the first section of the lower deck. Since its almost 9-10 months out I understand why they haven't said anything on the website.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since its almost 9-10 months out I understand why they haven't said anything on the website.
That's a bit of a lame excuse when the seatmaps are loaded and people are exposed to them anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Flights load about 300 days out. I don't have the numbers, but seriously doubt a significant fraction books eco that far out, and if they do, they go hmmm.... and reserve a seat, if their fare allows it for free. I seriously doubt anyone but FTers care that much
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You're right, but they haven't published any of their "seasonal" seatmaps. Even those that have been flying for years.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Really, I cannot even begin to imagine why lower/upper would make any difference.... Unless you think that those business seats that are there in some way enhance your economy experience.

Not publishing seatmaps for these "seasonal" configurations is among the annoying things LH does.
Really, you can't?

There are quite a few reasons why I would prefer an extremely small Y cabin over the XXXL one downstairs..

1) Most probably no bassinets -> no babies crying, at least not close to you
2) Generally more "private" feeling.
3) 2-4-2 allows for couples not to have to share their row with a stranger (over 3-4-3 downstairs) - and for single travellers also more comfortable on the window/aisle side.

Not sure about the toilet situation, but most probably it will also mean having more toilets/passenger there. Unless you've to go to the lower dock to use them there. With SQ, I know they wanted passengers to stay on other upper or lower deck, so not much "interaction" usually.

If UD economy is available, I'll definitely and always choose it over lower deck.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Really, you can't?

There are quite a few reasons why I would prefer an extremely small Y cabin over the XXXL dowstairs
Lots of assumptions that are totally dependent on how the seatmap will be....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.