Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by econprof
Anyone ever tried this? My wife (no status, unfortunately) is flying JFK-FRA in a few weeks in C and might like to take a shower, since she's heard so much blah blah blah from me about how great the JFK SEN lounge is...
no showers for C pax as far as i know...
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Thanks for that mini-review!

First time in First, just wondering if have the lounge before check-in has been a problem for anyone?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by peachy3
Thanks for that mini-review!

First time in First, just wondering if have the lounge before check-in has been a problem for anyone?
As pointed out in the very first post, the lounge is after security...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:34 am

Lufthansa Lounges at JFK

Had the chance to take pictures of all 3 Lufthansa-Lounges in Terminal 1 at JFK. The First Class Lounge is very; very nice -great service by an extremly friendly attendant, we enjopyed our sta very much:

http://www.so-war-mein-flug.de/index...4f2c65a521391d
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Had the chance to take pictures of all 3 Lufthansa-Lounges in Terminal 1 at JFK. The First Class Lounge is very; very nice -great service by an extremly friendly attendant, we enjopyed our sta very much:
the JFK lounge staff is great, especially in the HON/F area! there is one woman working there who always remembers me, even though i'm only there maybe every six months... the bartenders at the SEN section are also really really nice...
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:11 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Hi there. Tried your link and can't see anything beyond a repetitive global map which, after a virus warning, freezes my browser. Are there supposed to be pictures here? Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPA us ff
Hi there. Tried your link and can't see anything beyond a repetitive global map which, after a virus warning, freezes my browser. Are there supposed to be pictures here? Thanks.
Use the scroll bar, and scroll down, you'll see the photos. ^

Ignore the flash map at the top.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
What is the difference between the Senator lounge and the business lounge? Mrs. dwcatty and I will be flying JFK-FRA on LH in C (*A award tickets), and I'm not familiar with either the airport or the airline. I did read about the lovely Welcome Lounge in FRA.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dwcatty
What is the difference between the Senator lounge and the business lounge? Mrs. dwcatty and I will be flying JFK-FRA on LH in C (*A award tickets), and I'm not familiar with either the airport or the airline. I did read about the lovely Welcome Lounge in FRA.
The JFK Business Lounge is on the main level. Drinks include beer and wine, only.

The Senator's Lounge is on the 2nd level (above the main level). Senator's lounge has full staffed bar with premium liquor. Lounges have equal views. Food is about the same at both - the Senator Lounge might have some extra food items.

The First Class lounge is on the 3rd floor as a loft - and overlooks the Senators Lounge. Serves ultra premium liquor and food ordered from menu.

All the LH lounges are very nice (and new). They all have showers, internet terminals, etc. You enter all lounges from the same entrance. Once you check in - if you are *Gold then you can go up to the Senator's lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cova
All the LH lounges are very nice (and new). They all have showers, internet terminals, etc. You enter all lounges from the same entrance. Once you check in - if you are *Gold then you can go up to the Senator's lounge.
Great info, thanks. Mrs. dwcatty is Silver with US. We have C tickets so I guess that means we wait in the business lounge. Better than being out in the main terminal.

How far is the lounge from the departure gates? Our flight looks like it normally departs from gate 009. Is the lounge beyond TSA security?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Past security, they will page you when your LH flight is ready to go.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Great info, thanks. Mrs. dwcatty is Silver with US. We have C tickets so I guess that means we wait in the business lounge. Better than being out in the main terminal.

How far is the lounge from the departure gates? Our flight looks like it normally departs from gate 009. Is the lounge beyond TSA security?
It's not a long walk, although 9 is the furthest gate. But they'll call the flight with plenty of time to go.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are beer and wine self-service in the Business Lounge? Anyone know what different items there are food-wise in the SEN lounge versus Business Lounge?
Old May 31, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are beer and wine self-service in the Business Lounge? Anyone know what different items there are food-wise in the SEN lounge versus Business Lounge?
The food in the SEN lounge is more substantial (soup, several choices for
warm main course) and there is more choice.

Alcohol is not self-serve in the SEN lounge. Not sure about the Bus lounge.
Old May 31, 2012, 1:29 pm

The FC lounge at JFK is exclusively a restaurant. Showers and general seating areas are on the levels below. If you're traveling FC, enjoy your meal on the FC level then your shower, etc on the lower level.

The JFK LH lounge is the best in NA, I am in CA and deliberately take a flight to JFK first just to enjoy the lounge. Beats the pants off the *A lounge at LAX!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.