FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LOT online checkin from AMS - handled by KL. Does it ever work? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1221496-lot-online-checkin-ams-handled-kl-does-ever-work.html)

irishguy28 Jun 1, 2011 4:23 am

LOT online checkin from AMS - handled by KL. Does it ever work?

Hi

Travelling with LOT for the first time tomorrow, from AMS-WAW. Web checkin for LOT flights departing AMS is handled by KLM, and the "Web Checkin" button on the Dutch LOT site sends me over to the KLM check in page.

Now, as a KLM regular I know how to check in with KLM. However, KL refuses to find my ticket regardless of whether I use the PNR code or the E-ticket number. LO is indeed listed as one of the airlines handled by KLM checkin (which surprised me, as they seemingly don't codeshare at all). And I am well within the checkin time window (30 hours before departure for KLM, 24 hours according to LOT, but I'm now even within the 23 hours that Lufthansa allows).

I can access my booking just fine on the LOT website, and via Miles and More (attempting to check-in via Miles and More, or Lufthansa, gives the error "We were unable to find a valid ticket for you. Please contact the Service Centre").

So - does anyone have any experience of online checkin for a LOT flight departing Amsterdam? Any tricks/tips or alternate means to check in other than turning up tomorrow morning and checking in at a desk?

Thanks.

irishguy28 Jun 1, 2011 4:50 am

OK - never mind. Just tried (again) and it worked, with the E-ticket number (but hadn't previously).

Though the KLM website doesn't properly recognise my Miles and More number (which it had automatically pulled in from the booking and filled out in the appropriate box), so I had to check in without my FFP number.

Edit: The KLM-generated boarding pass has the correct LH Miles and More number on it, although I had to remove the number in order to successfully check in...

graf0 Jun 2, 2011 2:25 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 16483039)
OK - never mind. Just tried (again) and it worked, with the E-ticket number (but hadn't previously).

Though the KLM website doesn't properly recognise my Miles and More number (which it had automatically pulled in from the booking and filled out in the appropriate box), so I had to check in without my FFP number.

Edit: The KLM-generated boarding pass has the correct LH Miles and More number on it, although I had to remove the number in order to successfully check in...

Yes, that's a known problem.
Personally, I don't mind as long as the check-in works and saves me from having to interact with (mostly) arrogant and incompetent KL staff at check-in desk.
What is really annoying, though, is that the LO no longer has a supervisor on duty in AMS, which means that all gate handling is also done by KL. The quality went down immediately. :td:

aster Jun 2, 2011 7:36 am

I remember some lady in AMS directing us to the KLM self-check-in terminals when flying LO and I thought to myself that this won't work, especially with LO not even being part of SkyTeam. But it did, so I guess the systems are somehow integrated. :)

oliver2002 Jun 3, 2011 12:35 am

If an airline is handling a particular flight from another airline, they can load the data into their DCS. Nothing to do with integration or past sharing of systems. LO and OS rigorously migrated to new systems when they left the Qualiflyer alliance in 2000 and joined *A.