Lufthansa FCT/FCL Duck [merged]

Old Dec 7, 14, 8:24 am

Insider question - Ducks?

And when you are there to grab a duck, I recommend to take from the menue:

The chestnut soup as a starter followed by the Surf & Turf with Wasabi mashed potatoes as main course. Both were really excellent!
Old Dec 31, 14, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA
FCT/FCL Duck thread

FCT on 12/31 was out of ducks
Old Dec 31, 14, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
ente gut, alles gut

Originally Posted by greatmoosy View Post
FCT on 12/31 was out of ducks
Oh no! What a terrible start into the New Year .
Old Jan 11, 15, 9:30 am

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by weero View Post
Oh no! What a terrible start into the New Year .
On the 1st of january they had no ducks as well. However the wonderful asian lady at the desk retourned to me shortly before boarding with a duck in hand. Got told they locked them somewhere and forgot them.

Btw, got a black, new years special duck on board.
Old Jan 11, 15, 11:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lx343 View Post
On the 1st of january they had no ducks as well. However the wonderful asian lady at the desk retourned to me shortly before boarding with a duck in hand. Got told they locked them somewhere and forgot them.

This was in the FCT a few days ago. It looks like they don't leave ducks in the bathroom unattended any more since they have been known to go walkies.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 11, 15 at 5:55 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 11, 15, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH FTL**, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post

This was in the FCT a few days ago. It looks like they don't leave ducks in the bathroom unattended any more since they have been know to go walkies.
I had to ask for one, too. There was none in the bathroom and I was wondering what the reason might be
Old Jan 18, 15, 10:29 am

Programs: Virgin Australia
Excuse this silly question but can someone please explain the "duck" thing to me ? and whilst we are talking about the much loved Rimowa first class kits, can someone please advise me of a "trusted" seller on ebay. To be honest im not going to be travelling through EU this year or next and Id love to get my hands on one of these kits.

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 15, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ja1402 View Post
Excuse this silly question but can someone please explain the "duck" thing to me ? and whilst we are talking about the much loved Rimowa first class kits, can someone please advise me of a "trusted" seller on ebay. To be honest im not going to be travelling through EU this year or next and Id love to get my hands on one of these kits.

Thanks
The duck 'thing' as you call it is simply the tradition that Lufthansa has had in place for years. For passengers who visit a Lufthansa First Class Lounge in FRA or MUC, or the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, you can get a duck by either using the private bath or simply asking the bathroom/spa attendant for one. They are little souvenirs that a lot of travelers enjoy. Some of us more than others... They also issue special edition ducks based on holidays or events. Click my Duck Gallery link in my signature to see them.

Buyer beware on Ebay....but the more positive reviews a seller has, the more trustworthy they are.
Old Jan 18, 15, 10:52 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia
Thank you LH for the information. I admit you do have a wonder collection of "Enten" indeed, thank you again for explaining this
Old Jan 19, 15, 3:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I previously reported duckies were getting downsized.

Are they now becoming harder to acquire as well? If you were denied access to a duck on your visit to FCL/FCT what was the reason given other than they were out of stock? Conversely if you are a maximizer and managed to obtain more than one on a single visit what was your excuse?
Old Jan 19, 15, 4:43 pm

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Once I've been to FCL A in FRA together with male friend of mine.
We couldn't get any ducks in the bathroom or with the bathroom-staff.

After we sat down for lunch and ordered something to eat and drink, my friend just asked the person, who took our order, if he would be able to get us two ducks for our beloved and missed twins, we unfortunately had to leave at home with the au-pair-girl.

We obtained two ducks - and we don't have twins and we are not a couple.
Old Jan 20, 15, 2:31 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I suppose there are also a number of guests like my sister, who was a newbie to LH last year and went to FCL A to freshen up early in the morning after her flight from IAD. She loved the little duck in her bath and took a picture, but she did not know they were intended as gifts and left it behind...
Old Feb 2, 15, 12:23 pm

Have there been any new ducks out there as of late? I seem to miss the special edition ducks by a day or two every time I zip by the FRA FCT/FCLs.

Also, does MUC still give out their own "FCL MUC" ducks? Since I'll be using the FRA FCT later in the day - was wondering if I should just save my shower for when I get there.
Old Feb 2, 15, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Also, does MUC still give out their own "FCL MUC" ducks? Since I'll be using the FRA FCT later in the day - was wondering if I should just save my shower for when I get there.

You don't have to have a shower in order to acquire a duck. Having a bath used to guarantee a duck but not any more.
Old Feb 3, 15, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Lufthansa FCT/FCL Duck [merged]

Having a bath should still guarantee a duck, there was one at the FCT bath/shower room when I stopped by today. It does only say "Lufthansa First Class Services", my only previous visit was a few months ago when they were refurbishing/renovating some part of the FCT and it was the Construction Duck with "Lufthansa First Class Terminal" on it. Seems they have fixed whatever supply issues may have existed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: