Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refurb'd OS Senator Lounges at VIE

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Refurb'd OS Senator Lounges at VIE

I was talking today to US phone agent for OS. He told me the Senator lounges in VIE just finished remodeling in Feb 2011. Can anyone give a recent report on these upgrades?

My wife and I will be connecting through VIE from DEL later this year and I am particularly interested if we'll be able to find a shower here during our layover.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by stanscan
I was talking today to US phone agent for OS. He told me the Senator lounges in VIE just finished remodeling in Feb 2011. Can anyone give a recent report on these upgrades?

My wife and I will be connecting through VIE from DEL later this year and I am particularly interested if we'll be able to find a shower here during our layover.
There is one shower in both VIE SEN lounges (Schengen and non-Schengen), but there has not been any kind of remodeling recently. Just make sure to make your shower reservation right when you enter the lounge, but according to my experience, availability is not really a problem.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by stanscan
as far as i know there is no shower in the non-schengen SEN lounge because its tiny. but there is showers in the C lounge so that should be no problem...
Old May 4, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: LH/OS SEN, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sentom
as far as i know there is no shower in the non-schengen SEN lounge because its tiny. but there is showers in the C lounge so that should be no problem...
There is one. But just one!
Old May 4, 2011, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Thanks to everyone for their helpful replies.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:07 am

Programs: LH SEN for Life
Sitting in the SEN lounge right now.
Came in early from JFK so could get a "computer" seat. In my opinion the VIE SEN lounge has the worst seats in the world. Terribly uncomfortabe. Food very good, good selection of drink but terrible seats and no change for some years. Not upgraded at all. The upgrade of some years ago brought these terrible seats in. UGH.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: LH SEN
Another small info: One time I was the first person to use the shower in the morning. Only cold water, even though I let it run for more than 10 minutes. So I took a very cold shower.
I told the lady at the reception aftwerds, and she confirmed and apologized that the water needs to run for a very long time in the morning to get warm.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:58 am
Original Poster

... the water needs to run for a very long time in the morning to get warm.
Interesting and useful tidbit of info. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I think they are waiting for the new terminal to open. It's a year or two behind schedule but it should offer more space since the non-Schengen lounges are pretty cramped, especiailly the Senator lounge. That said, the Schengen Biz lounge is one of the nicest and most spacious lounges around with two separate food areas, plenty of seats and nice views of the tarmac, planes and runway from the south side.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:29 am

Correction - showers in VIE

Dear All,

There are two showers in VIE's OS lounges:

1) in the non-Shengen Business Class lounge on second floor only. Not in the SEN lounge in non-Shengen gates area. However the receptionist of SEN lounge can call upstairs and inquire about availability and wait

2) In the Shengen SEN lounge.

New terminal "skylink" was supposed to be ready in 2009. The construction was suspended in summer 2009. It was resumes in mid 2009 and currently it is expected to finish in summer 2012. So at least another year until anything changes in VIE.

Having said all this. VIE is still one of a few "small" airports in Europe with 25 min connecting times. Very family friendly. We used to fly with our kids when they were toddlers nearly exclusively thru VIE because of its small size and ease of transfers

BR,
LN

Originally Posted by martin_
There is one. But just one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.