M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by goliath
The pricing seems correct, but not for the reason given (+20k for MUC-FRA).

The +20k have to be for SEA-YYZ-YYT (oneway domestic C = 20k), because otherwise your inbound would have too many legs (4 instead of the 3 allowed) AND it would include a sidetrip (YYZ-YYT-YYZ) which is not allowed.
I agree that the side-trip and the number of segments probably violate the M&M rules, but a one-way SEA-YYZ-YYT C award would be 30k miles, not 20k miles. (insert joke here - but the US and Canada are two separate countries )
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Too many segments (surface sector counts too IIRC) and two stops plus turnaround, definitely 1 stop too many. Lucky this got ticketed. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jun 30, 2019 at 8:07 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:19 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by demue
Too many segments (surface sector counts too IIRC) and two stops plus turnaround, definitely 1 stop too many. Lucky this got ticketed. YMMV.
The agent confirmed that you can have two stopovers (one outbound and one inbound) and that the open jaw at the destination is ok. You can't find the detailed rules online, it only states contact your local M&M service team.

Over at VFT (for the German speakers) the following information is available (apparently from a [then] LH employee):

https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/mile...e-fluegen.html
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So far the rules have been one stop, one turnaround, 3 segments each direction. Along those lines.

I would still consider that itinerary a lucky break. I have a booking SIN-MXP(stop) LIN-FRA-LEJ(turnaround) VIE-AMS-SIN and wanted to have LEJ-VIE as part of the itinerary with a stop in VIE. Rejected as 2nd stop in VIE is not permitted and I did HUACA. YMMV.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
So far the rules have been one stop, one turnaround, 3 segments each direction. Along those lines.
It's a little more complex than that:
  • one stopover in each direction (one on the outbound and one on the inbound) on returns, but not in the originating region. Both stopovers in addition to your point of turnaround.
  • zero stopovers on awards within one region
  • zero stopovers on oneways
  • 2 segments per direction for awards within 1 region
  • 3 segments per direction for awards between 2 regions
  • 4 segments per direction for awards between 3 or more regions
(for more details, see the link in post #873 )
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:05 am

I would still consider that itinerary a lucky break. I have a booking SIN-MXP(stop) LIN-FRA-LEJ(turnaround) VIE-AMS-SIN and wanted to have LEJ-VIE as part of the itinerary with a stop in VIE. Rejected as 2nd stop in VIE is not permitted and I did HUACA. YMMV.
All ticketed and sorted. I even managed to snag I class space on the YYT-YYZ segment before the tickets got issued, so our only segment in X class will be the single class service segment YHZ-YDF.

Per passenger receipt this is the routing:
MUC LH X/YTO AC YHZ AC YDF0.00/-YYT AC YTO LH X/FRA LH MUC0.00

Fare base is IXX112T

Did you end up getting your itin booked with the LEJ-VIE segment? Is there maybe an issue around backtracking LEJ-VIE-AMS?

Last edited by cas_de; Jul 1, 2019 at 10:13 am
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by goliath
It's a little more complex than that:
  • one stopover in each direction (one on the outbound and one on the inbound) on returns, but not in the originating region. Both stopovers in addition to your point of turnaround.
  • zero stopovers on awards within one region
  • zero stopovers on oneways
  • 2 segments per direction for awards within 1 region
  • 3 segments per direction for awards between 2 regions
  • 4 segments per direction for awards between 3 or more regions
(for more details, see the link in post #873 )
The option of an inbound AND outbound stopover (as mentioned in the VFT link under 16) in addition to the turnaround is new to me. I was only aware of one stopover permitted either on inbound or outbound (in the destination region) in addition to the turnaround point. Will ask again and see what they say. The reason for routing via AMS is purely to connect to the SQ flight. LEJ-VIE shouldn't be considered backtracking. VIE-AMS would be backtracking, but given that flight is for a connection in the same region to AMS-SIN it is permitted (and already ticketed).

I'll need to see if it is worth it having them touch the itinerary to add LEJ-VIE in Biz at this stage as I don't want to loose those SQ segments due to some mistake when reissuing or so. Not all agents are created equal skill wise as we all know . I already bought the LEJ-VIE (in Eco) anyways. Thanks for the pointers, next time I'll do a better job maximising the redemption .

Last edited by demue; Jul 2, 2019 at 12:18 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ght-award.html

When did the online booking engine became so user unfriendly?

Is it not compatible with Chrome? I can't seem to go past "Search Flights"
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
When the "new, improved" M&M homepage went live in April this year. There is a dedicated thread on it here.

It went from bad to worse last week. Try using it in incognito / private mode with various browsers. Every other day, another browser will work.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So is there no other way of browsing and checking award flights? I don't know how many of you enjoy wasting wads of time on the excreta that Miles & More has now become but I truly hate it and I wish I had invested my efforts in another programme. Apart from ANA, is there another way of checking award availability on Star Alliance? Then I will call my request in, hoping that I land on an agent who is both willing and competent.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ght-award.html

When did the online booking engine became so user unfriendly?

Is it not compatible with Chrome? I can't seem to go past "Search Flights"
I did run into the same issue last weekend. Using Incognito Mode did help and I was able to proceed.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
So is there no other way of browsing and checking award flights? I don't know how many of you enjoy wasting wads of time on the excreta that Miles & More has now become but I truly hate it and I wish I had invested my efforts in another programme. Apart from ANA, is there another way of checking award availability on Star Alliance? Then I will call my request in, hoping that I land on an agent who is both willing and competent.
The United website shows availability, plus paid services like Expertflyer and KVS.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't even know what incognito mode is, how to use it or even if it works on a Mac. So, if we want to make short notice bookings at the moment we are stuffed. What about normal people, capable of using a computer to book things, but who might not necessarily be capable of, or even want to, engaging in stupid acrobatics in IT?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:34 am

I don't even know what incognito mode is, how to use it or even if it works on a Mac. So, if we want to make short notice bookings at the moment we are stuffed. What about normal people, capable of using a computer to book things, but who might not necessarily be capable of, or even want to, engaging in stupid acrobatics in IT?
If you use Chrome click on the 3 buttons top right as seen below. Firefox calls it "private window" (or so).

Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks very much, cas. Sorry about this, but I get more and more fed up with Lufthansa and its rubbish with each passing day.

I'm at the point right now where I wish they would just close this programme down and give us normal frequent flyers 3 years to use the miles. For their highest frequent travelers they could make a special arrangement, and then open a new programme, ŕ la easyJet, where they invite the people to join who are more interesting financially for them.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.