M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
new to booking M&M awards. FRA-CHC-FRA 4/9-5/1. TONS of availability in coach when looking for one-ways .... NOTHING at all when looking for r/t. It always only shows business awards ... for many days where it shows perfectly fine availability o/w. Any idea what is going on and how to avoid this? Looks like taxes come out cheaper on the r/t so I want to avoid booking 2 o/w s.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
you have to call in, the award booking engine is often buggy. Agents can do things easier and there is no call in surcharge.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:06 pm

Hello. I understand the fee for cancelling an award ticket is €50. However if the amount paid for the booking is less than €50, do they actually charge you the difference, or do they simply only refund the miles and not the cash amount paid.

For example, a flight with EVA Air in Taiwan is only €10 + 15,000 miles. If I were to cancel, would they simply not refund any funds, but give me all my miles back?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You pay EUR 50 to get the miles and "taxes" back, no matter how much the "taxes" were initially.

It is always two separate transactions on your credit card - first the charge for the cancellation fee and then the refund of the "taxes" paid initially.
Voda_boy likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

can someone tell me what might be wrong here? 292k Miles in account through hosehold sharing ... trying to book a 50k award ticket. After entering the payment details I am getting:

The following problem has occurred:
  • An error occured while processing the redemption with the frequent flyer number provided (1332 - 2415)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
can someone tell me what might be wrong here? 292k Miles in account through hosehold sharing ... trying to book a 50k award ticket. After entering the payment details I am getting:

The following problem has occurred:
  • An error occured while processing the redemption with the frequent flyer number provided (1332 - 2415)
I'd bet on IT issues on their side. What else?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
How are you sharing? Pooling is only allowed if all accounts are located in Germany... booking from a pool is also possible if you call in.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pooling is only allowed if all accounts are located in Germany...
Not only in Germany - also in Austria and Switzerland.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmff
I'd bet on IT issues on their side. What else?
oh yes. So I called in ... 1 hour ... they can't book it either ... same error. So I hang up and check my Email ... and they now issued 2 tickets for the same route, the same day ... oh great! after they told me they couldn't get it to work either. Had to call again to tell them to cancel one of the two. They said they did that ... still showing both .... will check again tomorrow morning!

Originally Posted by oliver2002
How are you sharing? Pooling is only allowed if all accounts are located in Germany... booking from a pool is also possible if you call in.
well ... I have an address in Germany as well and my M&M account is registered to that address ... so that's not an issue
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:41 am

I've not tried calling yet, but does anyone know if it's possible to book Premium Economy awards on Air New Zealand?

I've checked on ExpertFlyer, and there's availability in 'A' class on the dates that I want, but just wondering if I'm going to get some kind of 'computer says no' response back.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
I've not tried calling yet, but does anyone know if it's possible to book Premium Economy awards on Air New Zealand?

I've checked on ExpertFlyer, and there's availability in 'A' class on the dates that I want, but just wondering if I'm going to get some kind of 'computer says no' response back.
I think "A" is a revenue booking class for PE, so I'm not sure whether that would mean that an award seat is available. Hopefully someone can tell what is the correct booking class for an award (along with X, I, O).
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I think "A" is a revenue booking class for PE, so I'm not sure whether that would mean that an award seat is available. Hopefully someone can tell what is the correct booking class for an award (along with X, I, O).
Isn't A a promotional F fare?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Isn't A a promotional F fare?
In the LH group, yes. NZ uses it for PE (again, IIRC).
mmff likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Why are the taxes so ridiculously high for one-way business-class bookings from the USA? San Diego to Geneva I am being quoted 52000 Mi + 611 Euros taxes. Economy and economy Plus yield taxes of about 230 euros, which is more reasonable
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Concerto
Why are the taxes so ridiculously high for one-way business-class bookings from the USA? San Diego to Geneva I am being quoted 52000 Mi + 611 Euros taxes. Economy and economy Plus yield taxes of about 230 euros, which is more reasonable
They changed a few months ago and are now ludicrously high. I used to book two one-ways (ie EU-US, and back) to give more flexibility but that isn’t an option anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.