Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Miles and More
Originally Posted by Keter
Does M&M (or SQ itself) allow awards and upgrades to SQ Suites class now or still not?
I'm sorry for my very late reply! Yes, M&M allow awards on SQ Suites class to AKL (but it's the old suites).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Granen
I'm sorry for my very late reply! Yes, M&M allow awards on SQ Suites class to AKL (but it's the old suites).
Thanks for posting, I was unaware. Can you also book their suites on the flagship routes to Europe and the US?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mmff
Thanks for posting, I was unaware. Can you also book their suites on the flagship routes to Europe and the US?
I booked SQ326 SIN-FRA in F using LH miles maybe 2 years back. That's a 77W and not an A380 so regular F seat and no suite. Very last minute maybe 2-3 days out and had to ask. LH F wasn't available that time which would have been preferred due to FCT/FCL access in FRA. YMMV
mmff and Granen like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Miles and More
Originally Posted by mmff
I haven't been able to do that and I don't think it's possible.

Originally Posted by demue
I booked SQ326 SIN-FRA in F using LH miles maybe 2 years back. That's a 77W and not an A380 so regular F seat and no suite. Very last minute maybe 2-3 days out and had to ask. LH F wasn't available that time which would have been preferred due to FCT/FCL access in FRA. YMMV
It's also possible to book F seat (no suite) SIN-CPH on 77W. I have a flight in november.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Is LH/LX consistent in award release? I know some airlines release awards 360 days in advance, some 330 days, etc.
I want to fly 6 people to USA in 400 days, and want to be prepared to pounce on the day it opens. Any tips?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by JanoSicek
Is LH/LX consistent in award release? I know some airlines release awards 360 days in advance, some 330 days, etc.
I want to fly 6 people to USA in 400 days, and want to be prepared to pounce on the day it opens. Any tips?
Be prepared to be flexible in days, flights, and classes. It's very difficult if not impossible to have 6 awards seats on the same flight.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
As a SEN you can call in and waitlist awards. That way it will clear the moment the award inventory is released. Alternatively you can also invoke the SEN special request award, where they will give you award space at the regular rate if there is normal revenue inventory.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Is LH and LX the same in regards to waitlist awards?

SEN special request award is at normal mileage level? I thought it has 50% surcharge?
What revenue class needs to be open for that?

I'm game for any non-economy class, so having 6 seats where 2 are in first, 2 in business and 2 in prem.eco will be acceptable.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX does waitlists sporadically. LH has no problems with WL.

SEN special request doesn't cost anything extra, its a SEN benefit on SN &LH.

I awards are released if D or lower is open for sale. F has no such rule, PE I don't know about, I would assume E.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
We’re waitlisted for 2 pax First 2 weeks out from today on LH from EZE back to Frankfurt ... strange the agent told me to call in 3 days time and check, but I thought the clearing is automated once available ... at the moment is F3A0 ... doesn’t look good ...
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: LH SEN *
I've just found out that a transfer in the USA (for domestic flights booking) according to Miles & More rules must not exceed 4 hrs. Another way to complicate finding available seats.
The problem with Miles & More it's one of the rules which are nowhere to be found, it's only what the assistants say. And it may change every day, because it's not written anywhere.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I need to refresh my memory of LH roundtrip routing and stopover rules.

All assuming availability of course. Looking to redeem DPS-SIN(stop)-AKL // AKL or WLG- SIN as a roundtrip.

My main intend is to have a stopover in SIN for a few months before heading to AKL, but I have some vague memory that the stopover couldn't be in the starting zone of the award which would be SE Asia (both DPS & SIN in that zone).

Appreciate any advice.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
My main intend is to have a stopover in SIN for a few months before heading to AKL, but I have some vague memory that the stopover couldn't be in the starting zone of the award which would be SE Asia (both DPS & SIN in that zone).
Your memory is correct, the stopover in SIN is not allowed because it would be in the starting zone.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Your memory is correct, the stopover in SIN is not allowed because it would be in the starting zone.
Darn, thanks for confirming. Too bad. Ohh well, two one-ways with one from LH M&M and one from SQ KF then as no need for RT and more flexibility (aside from double cancellation fees). At least no YQ for SQ flights using M&M.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
The value of booking on M&M as a roundtrip would be two additional stops allowed in NZ/Australia if needed. For example: SIN-AKL(Stopover)-WLG//CHC-SYD(Stopover)-SIN would be a valid itinerary on a M&M roundtrip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.