Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by W Nippert
yes - this would indeed be interesting.

This reminds me of that I recently booked an award flight and the waiting screen informed about the fact that it is NOT possible - only - for Polish residents to pay tax+surcharges with those 15.000 miles.

So maybe in Poland there are indeed other "rules"...
Yes, I wouldn't change your address to one in Poland unless you need to. I remember, about 10 years ago, oscillating between Germany and Switzerland and they started getting suspicious, ending up asking me for proof of residency. Now, I never thought an airline would do that (Flying Blue also wanted to see proof of residency), but times have certainly changed.
Old May 19, 2017, 4:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Did LO issue the award ticket on LO ticket stock or Lufthansa ticket stock (220-xxxx)? If its on LO ticket stock it may be that LO has a different arrangement with AC for surcharges.

Placing awards on hold: its only allowed on integrated M&M partner airlines, not on others. The other carrier may, at any time, kick out unticketed reservations. So if M&M PL did it and AC didn't cancel the segments, you may have been lucky.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Did LO issue the award ticket on LO ticket stock or Lufthansa ticket stock (220-xxxx)? If its on LO ticket stock it may be that LO has a different arrangement with AC for surcharges.

Placing awards on hold: its only allowed on integrated M&M partner airlines, not on others. The other carrier may, at any time, kick out unticketed reservations. So if M&M PL did it and AC didn't cancel the segments, you may have been lucky.
I do confirm my award ticket issued by Polish agent starts with 220-*.
As I said the fact about very cheap AC taxes/fees seem to be known to Polish agents. I still do not understand how that's possible.

For placing booking on hold:
1. all Polish M&M agents were saying booking will be valid for next 3 days.
2. for return ticket: I booked it with *A Aegean/A3 - Greek agent told me she place booking on hold for 3 hours, and did so (carriers: AC, LO).

Regards,
n3l15
Old May 23, 2017, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
Try and use the ticket, even if it means changing the date. You'll lose the miles otherwise. Remember, the ticket is valid for 1 year from the date of issue, not the date of travel. So if you made the ticket on 28th February, it will be valid until 27th February next year. I think there are wriggles for getting around that restriction, but I'm not sure what they are.
If I cancel the ticket, the miles will not be redeposited into my account?[/QUOTE]

doesn't anybody know?
Old May 23, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by fflyer1
If I cancel the ticket, the miles will not be redeposited into my account?
doesn't anybody know?
I don't know, but I thought all awards can be redeposited if you pay their cancellation fee (50 euro), except for the reduced price awards. In that case I think you only get taxes returned. http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=2549891&l=en
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
M&M award for TG flights

2 questions:

Currently, I have a M&M award ticket for HKT-BKK-CPH on TG in C class (no YQ ^) Due to change of plans I'm considering to rebook the flights to BKK-CPH only, i.e. same day, same flight but just skipping the first leg. The issue is that there is no availability now for BKK-CPH and if M&M needs to cancel all flights before rebooking, I fear that availability will not re-appear. Would M&M be able to rebook by simply removing the first flight/leg without touching the second flight? - or would rebooking require cancel and rebooking of the all flights? I know that rebooking fee of EUR 50 will be payable.

Secondly, is a stopover allowed on a o/w M&M award (Thailand - CPH)?. I mean, HKT-BKK (stopover) -CPH? (stopover = > 24hours of course).
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Two answer the second part of the question:

Definitely no stopovers on any type of oneway award.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: M&M SEN
SK AAR,

upon change of origin or destination you would have to cancel your award and book a new one (with the limitations of availability you mentioned).
No stop-overs on one-ways in M&M.
David
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Is there a Miles-And-More award booking thread? I didn't see one, so I'll ask here:

I want to fly OS from INN>FRA economy, then FRA>ORD in F. The LH award chart says 170,000 miles RT, Europe to North America, so one way should be 85,000 (including voluntary downgrade to economy for OS leg). I picked a date FRA>ORD has F available for 85,000 mile, but changing the search for that date to INN>FRA, no flights show up. I suspect this is because the M+M website can't display mixed awards like United or others do. If I change it to all Economy, it shows both legs in Economy for the expected 30,000 miles one way.

So the question is, do I have to call to book the economy/first itinerary I want for 85,000 miles one way per person?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: LH M+M
Mixed boooking classes only sold via phone - no matter if regular or award.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Mixed boooking classes only sold via phone - no matter if regular or award.
Thanks, that's what I was anticipating...
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:57 pm

Trying to change a mixed booking class. Book in Business from HEL to LAX, and FRA-LAX opened up in first and I wanted to book.

Called, and they couldn't' find the availability I was seeing on the M&M website. Anyone ever run into this issue? They said they have different inventory in the call center vs what is show online... which seems insane.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Trying to change a mixed booking class. Book in Business from HEL to LAX, and FRA-LAX opened up in first and I wanted to book. Called, and they couldn't find the availability I was seeing on the M&M website. Anyone ever run into this issue? They said they have different inventory in the call center vs what is show online... which seems insane.
Could be a married segment issue.
When you checked online, did you check just FRA-LAX or HEL-FRA-LAX?
In any event, I would definitely HUCA and try again.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:46 pm

Not showing up now, so maybe someone snagged it while I was on the phone and the system wasn't updated.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Trying to change a mixed booking class. Book in Business from HEL to LAX, and FRA-LAX opened up in first and I wanted to book.

Called, and they couldn't' find the availability I was seeing on the M&M website. Anyone ever run into this issue? They said they have different inventory in the call center vs what is show online... which seems insane.
I had a similar experience.
I made an award booking back in Dec FRA-VIE-MIA in J on OS hoping to change to LH F when/if it became available for the end of August. I had been checking the M & M website to see if it became available and also called in about every 2 weeks since I assumed availability might be different from the website to calling direct.

The flight had been showing an empty F cabin on Expert Flyer. 2 weeks ago, the M & M website showed availability in F. I called the next morning, but the agent did not see any award seats in F. The website still showed it. I cancelled my booking on OS and paid the 50 Euro cancellation fee. While the agent showed my miles balance being credited immediately, I couldn't see it on my end. I switched browsers, I switched computers, at one time I had the increased mileage balance showing under the "My account tab" but not under the name tab. I tried to book the F flight and got an error message " not enough miles to book". I was sweating bricks and called back. Again, the agent showed no seats available in F on my flight, but saw my full mileage balance, while I clearly saw the flight being available but the miles weren't there.

I gave up and waited 2 hours. Logged back in, the credited miles were there and I was able to book FRA - MIA in F without a problem. Checked Expert Flyer's seat map and the seat I chose showed occupied.

Miles & More website definitely needs some bug fixing.....but up to today I have not received a refund for the taxes and fees for my cancelled OS flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.