Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I would ask them to waitlist you on the desired flight. A lot can happen between now and 'winter' @:-) In any case the disruption due to cancellation is noted in the system and you don't have to pay change fees!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I booked an LH award MEX-FRA on 12/21, which was the only available date. I used my UA miles. I am UA Platinum. However, I prefer to travel on 12/20. Expertflyer does not list LH award space. What options do I have to get notice of award space opening up? I'd prefer not to check the website every day between now and December.

UA does not waitlist other airlines' flights

Last edited by Deltahater; Jul 29, 2014 at 5:43 pm Reason: added UA info
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would ask them to waitlist you on the desired flight. A lot can happen between now and 'winter' @:-) In any case the disruption due to cancellation is noted in the system and you don't have to pay change fees!
You are right.

On a side note, it is still quite disappointing that LH can't find a way to bypass that dreaded married segement issue in such cases where they (LH) did change / cancel a flight and now customer asks for a reasonable switch to a different flight other than what LH decided to auto-protect / accomodate on. Middle Ages - welcome to LH IT
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Deltahater
I booked an LH award MEX-FRA on 12/21, which was the only available date. I used my UA miles. [..] What options do I have to get notice of award space opening up?[...]
UA does not waitlist other airlines' flights
Use tools like awardnexus that screenscrape ANA and Aeroplans websites and send you notifications.

Originally Posted by demue
On a side note, it is still quite disappointing that LH can't find a way to bypass that dreaded married segement issue in such cases where they (LH) did change / cancel a flight and now customer asks for a reasonable switch to a different flight other than what LH decided to auto-protect / accomodate on. Middle Ages - welcome to LH IT
Not really. Waitlist the requested segments and the segment will usually confirm when the revenue recalc occurs, which is monthly, and weekly/daily closer to departure. Only the SEN WL is a instant yes/no response. The auto protect bot picks the available seating, but you always have the option to ask for a manual adjustment.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by oliver2002

Not really. Waitlist the requested segments and the segment will usually confirm when the revenue recalc occurs, which is monthly, and weekly/daily closer to departure. Only the SEN WL is a instant yes/no response. The auto protect bot picks the available seating, but you always have the option to ask for a manual adjustment.
The problem was that two agents I spoke to tried SEN wait list and said it did not clear. I was not aware of another waitlist. I tried again today and managed to get someone who put us on "normal" wait list and let us see what happens.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Looking to book 2 O/W tickets for EZE-FRA-GRZ in F.

The online tool doesn't give any availability but there is availability on EZE-FRA in F and FRA-GRZ in J. I'm hoping I could get that booked over the phone.

But I do have a question about the taxes I will have to pay for this. This is what ITA shows:

Code:
Fare 1: Carrier LH FFFOWAR BUE to GRZ (rules)
Passenger type ADT, ONE-WAY-ONLY fare, booking code F, J
Covers EZE-FRA (First), FRA-GRZ (Business)  €6,145.54 
Argentina Ticket Tax (AR)  €316.61 
Argentina Retention Income Tax (ZK)  €2,216.25 
German Airport Security Tax (DE)  €7.84 
German Passenger Service Charge (RA)  €20.65 
LH YQ surcharge (YQ)  €186.12 
Argentina Airport Tax (XR)  €32.71 
Argentina Immigration Tax (QO)  €7.45 
Argentina Security Tax (TQ)  €7.45
Which of the taxes above do you have to pay? I'm hoping you will say that I won't have to pay AR+ZK
Old Aug 3, 2014, 2:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since I'm based in the UK, taxes appear in GBP but I hope this gives you some idea for a one-way award EZE-FRA-GRZ in F/C.

Ticket Tax GBP 7.40
International/Domestic Surcharge GBP 147.30
Airport Tax GBP 25.90
Custom and Immigration Services Tax (International) GBP 5.90
Security Tax GBP 5.90
Passenger Service Charge - Intl GBP 16.30
Airport Security Charge GBP 6.20
Total GBP 214.90
Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Since I'm based in the UK, taxes appear in GBP but I hope this gives you some idea for a one-way award EZE-FRA-GRZ in F/C.
Thanks a lot! Your figure is GBP is about the same what ITA shows without the two big ones (AR+ZK). Good to know.

For GIG/GRU I'm guessing correct that the taxes are almost 0?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat, M&M SEN
I was recently trying to book an award flight via the German M&M hotline, for the Christmas - January period. Because there was no availability in C (which I initially wanted) the nice operator I spoke with proposed an F award, but because there was no (instant) availability as well, he suggested to select couple of flights/days each way and put me on a 'F waitlist' for those. From what I understood the 'F waitlist' is smth that has to be manually reviewed (within 1 week) by smb in power to actually grant/deny an award space. Has anyone had any experience in that? Does it actually work?

Out of curiosity, I've also checked the fare availability on flightstats, and for some days, that would suit me, I saw F/8 A/5, F/7 A/3 etc. Would it be better to choose flights during those days for the 'waitlist' (in opposition to the ones that I've selected while being on the phone and they show F/5 F/4 or even F/2)?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:29 am

Are there any recent known issues with SEN F availability?
Couldn't find anything in OCT/FEB to the USA/West.
That's a first for me.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:43 am

Hi, I am SEN on LH (500k miles) and I need a bit of help in order to book my first long haul award. Please point me in the right direction, in order to get the best deals, should I use ANA JPN or UNITED search engines to find out mileage bargains? Thank you!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Luca Avalle
[...]should I use ANA JPN or UNITED search engines to find out mileage bargains?
Define "bargain".
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Define "bargain".
Hello and thank you for feedback ^
I have two options:

1) the "mileage bargains", where you can book a flight award with 50% less miles than required

2) the standard flight awards, which appears to NEVER be available with the Lufthansa "lounge" flight booking system
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
1) If you are looking for monthly mileage bargains as definded by www.meilenschnaeppchen.de you have no other option other than using the M&M website.

2) If you are looking for standard awards, you will only find M&M "integrated airlines" (LH, LX, OS, LO, SN...) on their website. To find *A partner award availability, you will have to use other sites like the NH and UA websites.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:40 am

Hello, please give a couple more infos, as I need to understand some more bits and pieces:

1) what do you mean by "you will only find M&M "integrated airlines" (LH, ...) on their website ?

2) "find *A partner award availability, you will have to use other sites like the NH and UA websites."-->do you mean that in the UA website I can find flight awards for NON UA flights as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.