Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Out of necessity I ended up "buying" a C award roundtrip IAH-MUC for the standard 105k miles and a ricdiculous YQ fee of about $1,044.
Now of course after booking it I'm playing around with the availability and started looking into one way flights for the same route/dates.
IAH-MUC is 52k miles and $470
MUC-IAH is 52k miles and $459

Now of course the question... Why the discrepancy? Would it be advisable to cancel, save 1k miles and $115?

At least as of now it shows the new C...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by br0snic
Out of necessity I ended up "buying" a C award roundtrip IAH-MUC for the standard 105k miles and a ricdiculous YQ fee of about $1,044.
Now of course after booking it I'm playing around with the availability and started looking into one way flights for the same route/dates.

Now of course the question... Why the discrepancy? Would it be advisable to cancel, save 1k miles and $115?

At least as of now it shows the new C...
The advantage of the RT award is the possibility of a stopover and itinerary protection in case of IRROPS. This is what the 1k extra miles buy you.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Because M&M rounds down the amount of miles.
Yes, cancel if you can. RT only makes sense when you want to add stopovers inside the destination or want to make use of the lower YQ or a flysmart/mileage bargain. @:-)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
According to the Matrix, the toal should have been $1004, "only" $856 of which is YQ.

Now of course the question... Why the discrepancy?
Different YQ amounts based on Point of Sale. $428 for US-EU, €230 (~$313) for EU-US.

Would it be advisable to cancel, save 1k miles and $115?
To cancel, you would have to pay a fee of € 50 - don't know how much the fixed amount is exactly in $, probably something like $75. So paying $75 to save 1k miles and $115 doesn't seem worth the hassle.

In case you had to change both outbound and inbound in the future, you would be paying the change fee twice instead of just once. Also, as mentioned above, there are no stopovers allowed on oneways.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Ok makes sense, I'll look into it. Maybe seeing about taking the direct flight the way back if I already have to call them.

Do award tickets have the 24 hour grace period to cancel without a fee as well or not?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
ODo award tickets have the 24 hour grace period to cancel without a fee as well or not?
Yes, they do.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:10 pm

one way award,help needed

Hi,
I am trying to book a 1 way award from NAP to SFO.
I can see the awards(only C) if i try to book a round trip but not for a 1 way ticket.

Do you know why?any solution?

Regards

Last edited by herrprofessor; Jul 26, 2014 at 9:21 pm
Old Jul 28, 2014, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Since its usually the same price online and offline I would just call M&M and ask to book the ticket for you.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I have a M&M award coming up in September in Swiss F. I booked it back in Dec 2013 before M&M started that HON/SEN requirement for Swiss F bookings. Would it be possible for me to change the date of the flight to two weeks later (I have no status on LH) and keep the same routing (ZRH-JFK)?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by trigleek
Would it be possible for me to change the date of the flight to two weeks later (I have no status on LH) and keep the same routing (ZRH-JFK)?
No chance. The award availability is requested via a manual long sell, which comes back as negative when the member has no status.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But surely the original ticket conditions apply, which permit a date change but not a routing change? I am in exactly the same position, with an F redemption booked last December that I would like to change by a few days.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:57 am

Feel free to call in Somebody asked the same question to the LX lurker the other day. @:-)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Feel free to call in Somebody asked the same question to the LX lurker the other day. @:-)
Looks like you're right. The lady offered different routings on LH First via FRA since she couldn't access space in LX. Ah well. I'll still fly LX F to try it out. I kindly asked for a window seat but all 4 window seats were occupied!!! Well, from experflyer those seats were blocked or for premium passengers only. :/ Hopefully I can change to a window seat at the airport.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I will report back here, although I feel very lucky to have 2 seats in the 1st cabin already. I just fear accidentally losing the 2 seats that I already have if we fiddle about with it, so I just wonder if I should be satisfied with my 8 days in California and leave it at that (would have liked 10- to 14 days ideally).

I would have thought it was necessary to call the M&M team rather than write to the Swiss Lurker, though. I thought the Swiss Lurker couldn't handle M&M ticket bookings or rebookings.

Just a thought, though: is it better to call the M&M team in Germany, or the one in Switzerland?

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 29, 2014 at 7:42 am Reason: missing info and question
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I have a question re schedule change and award booking- I have an award flight ABZ-FRA-XXX in winter. Originally scheduled to leave ABZ at 1230. There has been a schedule change, now 1230 ABZ-FRA is cancelled. I have been automatically rebooked on the 550am flight, which I found out by accident.
550 flight means that I will have to drag my two small boys at 4 am which is not a pleasant option if I can help it..
So I wanted to change the FRA-ABZ segment to the evening flight the previous day. There are seats ABZ-FRA on the evening flight, but married segments come into play and they can't get me seats on ABZ-FRA-XXX. Senator waitlist also does not work it seems, even though it is Z8 P8 .
What are the options of the pax in situation like this? Is there any point in escalating or am I supposed to be take what is given by the airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.