Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Transfer points from credit card - if you have them - would be your best bet. SPG transfers typically post in hours. (It can take a day or two, but in my experience, a few hours.)
Is SPG the only way to buy M&M or is there ever sales from them direct?
Unfortunately I cannot get credit card card points in IRL.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsched
Is SPG the only way to buy M&M or is there ever sales from them direct?
Unfortunately I cannot get credit card card points in IRL.
M&M is just a crappy program in a lot of ways but especially in the inability to buy miles to top up for an award.
SPG is the easiest way since you can also buy SPG points. But here again M&M fails since it takes a good 4 days for the transfer to hit (In more than 25 transfers, never seen it happen "in hours" as Global321 notes... maybe that a US thing). In the US, Barclays offers a M&M card with sign up bonus but, other than the occasion dopey spend bonus (limited to 2,500 bonus miles... LOL) you only get 1 mile per $1 spend.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus, Miles and More
Find award seats in F on SQ A380

I would like to fly one way in First class from SIN on a Singapore airlines A380. I've found a lot of availability on SIN-AKL. But I would like to fly to India, Asia och Europe. Do you have any useful tips?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Can someone give me a insight, I'm trying to find award space for F in M&M for any FRA-USA flights (ideally, LAX but that is probably a dime a dozen so open to ORD as well) but I'm not seeing anything for F award for end of May and June (on whatever it is up to for 362 days) is it too far out to see the F space do? or are they just all booked ? Been checking daily for a week at different time of day but still nothing showing. EF showing F6 on most flights ...not sure if I'm searching wrong..

This is my first time booking with M&M, transferred in miles from SPG.

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by iscor3
Can someone give me a insight, I'm trying to find award space for F in M&M for any FRA-USA flights (ideally, LAX but that is probably a dime a dozen so open to ORD as well) but I'm not seeing anything for F award for end of May and June (on whatever it is up to for 362 days) is it too far out to see the F space do? or are they just all booked ? Been checking daily for a week at different time of day but still nothing showing. EF showing F6 on most flights ...not sure if I'm searching wrong..

This is my first time booking with M&M, transferred in miles from SPG.

Thanks!

There is no F loaded for End May to early June 19 yet on M&M for those destinations.

They will only offer F for awards when revenue Management permit that based on expected demand.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris63

There is no F loaded for End May to early June 19 yet on M&M for those destinations.

They will only offer F for awards when revenue Management permit that based on expected demand.
ah ok thanks! Is there a rough time frame on when they will load in the F Awards or just need to keep checking daily?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=iscor3;29854573Is there a rough time frame on when they will load in the F Awards or just need to keep checking daily?[/QUOTE]

Purely down to RM assessment

M&M has much better availability than for *A partners
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Granen
I would like to fly one way in First class from SIN on a Singapore airlines A380. I've found a lot of availability on SIN-AKL. But I would like to fly to India, Asia och Europe. Do you have any useful tips?
Does M&M (or SQ itself) allow awards and upgrades to SQ Suites class now or still not?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Am I able to ticket an award in LH J class and then change to LH F if/when it opens at no fee, or will I be charged a 50EUR change fee? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Am I able to ticket an award in LH J class and then change to LH F if/when it opens at no fee, or will I be charged a 50EUR change fee? Thanks!
AFAIK you will be charged 50€ change fee
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Help..
I have two accounts. One has 55,000 with following expiration (so basically will be wiped out in couple of months)
35000 award miles expire on 30.09.2018.
20000 award miles expire on 31.12.2018.
The other has 62,500 K miles of which 500 will expire in a month, so this is kind of OK.

Can someone suggest any first/business round itinerary I could search for? I am in PHX and lot of Southwest/Avios to start my trips in LAX/DEN. I just want to finish off the miles before they go waste. I have the MnM credit card attached to both accounts and made recent purchases but I don't think that will save/revive the expiry of the expiring miles.

Is the strategy to look for UA first class to places and book available flights by calling LH's UK number? Please suggest ways to save on taxes too Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Chicago-Europe is on offer for 55k each this month... dates fit right into thanksgiving...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Chicago-Europe is on offer for 55k each this month... dates fit right into thanksgiving...
It says here that the travel period must be 01.12.2018 - 15.01.2019. What am I missing?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ah, the initial post I saw was 01NOV to 15JAN.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ah, the initial post I saw was 01NOV to 15JAN.
They must have figured out that Thanksgiving was on November 22nd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.