Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Lack, that seems to be true. I'll leave it as partial YQ then, until we have a more specific calculation method.

olm22, good call about the o/w stopover. Also need to do o/w awards reference. From the M&M website I understand that one way awards are only possible on the fully integrated carriers anyway.

Regading the different POS availability I'm working on it already, doing a little more research before I post.

Last edited by dre_techie; Apr 18, 2011 at 3:58 am
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Does anyone know if M&M has access to UA seats more than 330 days out?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Bronze, LH *S
Hi all,

I am planning to book a one-way award ticket with LH and I have a couple of questions regarding flight rebooking. I think I already have a clue regarding the answers, but it would be great if some more experienced members could confirm.

1) Up to when can I modify my flight? I only have experience with BA, where you cannot modify the booking in the last 24 hours before flying. Is there a similar limitation with LH? Based on my "googling" I haven't found any limit so far.

2) Rebooking fee. According to M&M terms:
A charge of €50 or CHF 70/USD 60 is payable for rebooking or cancelling a flight award. This amount may vary or be waived for certain flight awards.
So I guess I have to pay €50 in case I need to rebook. Does anybody know of cases where the fee is waived?

In case it makes any difference, I am a M&M blue member and the actual flights will be with LH or LX metal.

TIA for your help. My OH will appreciate it!!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can modify upto the last minute, change fees are usually only waived for family emergencies if you are a plain blue member. If you no-show, miles and taxes are refunded upto three years out minus the 50EUR (or equiv)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:54 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Bronze, LH *S
Thanks a lot of the reply and the info. I called to M&M and have my booking on hold for 4 days.

Given that award flight availability seems to be decent for my destination, I was thinking that, instead of confirming my booking, I can make a new booking in a couple of days and put it in hold again, while the existing one gets cancelled. This could give me additional "free" flexibility as I get closer and closer to the actual date of flight.

Is such a strategy common when a flight is in a couple of weeks from now, or will M&M not like it?

Many thanks again!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Can you have a stopover and an open jaw?

Also, if I start in a non-LH city, like SAT, how do I check availability? Will the UA website give me the same availability as LH?

What is LH's definition of Europe?

Last edited by Deltahater; Dec 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm Reason: more questions
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
found one answer...

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...1000261&size=2

Definition of Europe
Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: LX M&M
Dear fellow members

i have a few miles to spend and im not sure if the following routing is possible as a 3 region award.

LX F, ZRH-BKK Stopover/ TG F, BKK-NRT Stopover / AI F, NRT-DEL Transit only / LH F, DEL-FRA-ZRH

Can someone please help me out? how easy or difficult is it to book AI F? would love to try them out.

Thanks
lx343
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by dre_techie
Does anyone know if M&M has access to UA seats more than 330 days out?
No they do not even have THAT. i tried this year for months and evetually gave up and bought my flight regularly because I just could not secure the UA segments. Many folks here told me to wait until 14 days prior to departure - good that I did not take that advise because those flights were full by that point.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:03 pm

I don't have an M & M account yet but was wondering what the fuel surcharges would be for a one-way on a United business LAX/JFK ticket? I keep reading about how horribly high they are and have been hesitant to apply for Lufthansa card.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I don't have an M & M account yet but was wondering what the fuel surcharges would be for a one-way on a United business LAX/JFK ticket? I keep reading about how horribly high they are and have been hesitant to apply for Lufthansa card.
On average it is about $ 100. M&M charges for domestic UA are reasonable.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
On average it is about $ 100. M&M charges for domestic UA are reasonable.

Thanks, that's not bad. I think I'll go ahead and apply for this card.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
LH 455 SFO-FRA shows F4, A4 at T-72 hrs.
How likely are they to release some of these seats for F awards (with MP miles)?
TIA
Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:35 pm

What do you usually use to:

1) search award availability on *A flights using LH M&M?
2) look up the fees and charges one will be charged on top of the miles for a specific flight sequence?

I will do my first redemption for long haul flights in C and I am finding it difficult to look up availability and compare the prices (miles + fees/taxes).

Thanks for your input.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
This thread should be a sticky one
Just got warn that my 30 000 MM miles will expire by year end and need get used to M&M award basic rules-
Reading the First post did the job...

Last edited by Eddy421; Nov 30, 2013 at 12:54 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.