Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Flight Award Booking - FAQ and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by easyguy
What is the cancellation fee for award ticket ??

Any additional charges to redeposit the LH miles to the acct?
Short answer: EUR 50 if it is a regular award, not possible to cancel if it is a Mileage Bargain or a Fly Smart award.

At present it is only possible to cancel a flight award that has been booked online by contacting your local Miles & More Service Team. Rebookings, where allowed, can be made directly online. Please note that a charge of €50 per person and rebooking will be charged for rebookings and cancellations.

Please note that different and/or supplementary booking terms and conditions apply to reduced flight awards. (For further information, see section 3: 'Reduced flight awards'.)

(...)

It is not possible to rebook or cancel a reduced flight award. It is not possible to have the miles refunded. Taxes and charges paid are refunded exclusive of the amount applicable to the YQ charge. Section 10.3.2 of the General Conditions of Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) applies accordingly. If you have paid for the taxes and charges at a flat rate using miles, the YQ charge corresponds to 12,000 miles.
Source: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=2549891
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: LH SEN
I have some questions regarding 3 region awards.

Does an open jaw count as a segment? And can a side-trip be included in the same ticket (to exceed 8 segments)?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Van_Looy
I have some questions regarding 3 region awards.

Does an open jaw count as a segment? And can a side-trip be included in the same ticket (to exceed 8 segments)?
No and no.

And it's not a general 8 segment limit, but a limit of 4 segments per direction.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:37 am
fMD

Hi everyone, I have a few questions.

I'm curious if I were to book a flight from ZUR/FRA to LAX in business if I could upgrade to F without paying the $60 change fee and just by paying the difference in miles.

Also, how exactly are the infant fees calculated? Is it just the airport tax?

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by fMD
I'm curious if I were to book a flight from ZUR/FRA to LAX in business if I could upgrade to F without paying the $60 change fee and just by paying the difference in miles.
Assuming you mean "upgrading" a Business award ticket to First, the answer is no.

Originally Posted by fMD
Also, how exactly are the infant fees calculated? Is it just the airport tax?
On LH, it's all taxes except YQ, on LX, it's all taxes plus YQ.

Last edited by goliath; Nov 9, 2014 at 1:56 am
Old Nov 9, 2014, 2:24 am
fMD

Originally Posted by goliath
Assuming you mean "upgrading" a Business award ticket to First, the answer is no.

Thank you! So it would be about <$40 on LH from FRA to US?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by fMD
So it would be about <$40 on LH from FRA to US?
$35 according to ITA Matrix:

USDA APHIS Fee (XA) 5,00 $
US Immigration Fee (XY) 7,00 $
US Customs Fee (YC) 5,50 $
US International Arrival Tax (US) 17,50 $
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:56 pm
fMD

$35 according to ITA Matrix:
Thank you!

Are you sure that LX charges an YQ in the infant fee? What about booking other A* flights using M&M miles? Say SQ, would that be taxes + YQ or just taxes?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
That armed robbery of YQ for infants on LX fortunately stopped last year goliath
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20338059-post10.html
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
That armed robbery of YQ for infants on LX fortunately stopped last year goliath
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20338059-post10.html
If that's indeed true, then ^

My last personal experience must have beeen before that, then.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:21 am

Hi, I have read quite a lot on Flights Award, I am looking at 2 flight options in April:

1) Luxembourg - Honolulu

2) Luxembourg - Bali

On the LH Miles and More website neither of this option is showing up, while on ANA website yes, although there is NEVER availability. Finally on UNITED and AVIANCA there are flight options, the Senator Helpdesk did not provide those solutions...

1)Am I following the wrong approach?
2) Which actually is the best way to search for awards as of now?
3) should I only use the HelpLine?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since M&M integrated partner airlines don't fly to DPS and HNL you can't book these online. You have to call LH and piece the trip together with the availability they can see in their systems. That said, if UA or AV can see seats available online, LH/M&M agents should be to access that inventory too.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 12:22 pm

I got it! Will proceed, thank you
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Award Changes - adding segments

I have searched and searched and can't seem to find the answer to this question.

I would like to fly DEN-FRA-BKK in December.

I see a LH F award seat available on the date I want to travel DEN-FRA.

Can I book that now out of my M&M account and add the BKK segments when and If they open up later?

Thanks so much!

Kevin
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by boulderflyer21
I have searched and searched and can't seem to find the answer to this question.
I would like to fly DEN-FRA-BKK in December.
I see a LH F award seat available on the date I want to travel DEN-FRA.
Can I book that now out of my M&M account and add the BKK segments when and If they open up later?
Thanks so much!
Kevin
IME, no. But your experience may depend on reaching (one of the few) good US call center agents. I recently booked DEN-FRA tickets but was told (twice) that I could not add a connecting city without first canceling DEN-FRA and then rebooking the entire trip. Furthermore, just because FRA-BKK becomes available, it does not mean that it is available or bookable as a married segment, especially ex-DEN, which seems to be a black hole in M&M IT.

Case in point, while I was able to see ORD-FRA-CDG with lots of FRA-CDG options, there was no DEN-FRA-CDG availability on the same day even though both DEN-FRA and FRA-CDG were available individually. Two M&M agents refused to add FRA-CDG even though numerous flights were available individually. Pretty frustrating. For me, M&M has become more of a placeholder to bank LH First seats in advance and then replace with cheaper and more flexible Aeroplan points or LifeMiles inside 14 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.