Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PAX_fips
FlyNet is installed on all longhaul aircraft in the LH fleet.

Please list the aircraft type and aircraft number you've used FlyNet on. Bonus points for route

A333
D-AIKB FRA-AUH
D-AIKH FRA-SEA
D-AIKK FRA-SEA
D-AIKL FRA-DFW
D-AIKM SEA-FRA
D-AIKQ EWR-MUC
D-AIKR MUC-BOM

A346
D-AIFF MUC-BOM
D-AIHF YYZ-FRA
D-AIHH MUC-SFO
D-AIHI BOS-FRA
D-AIHK CPT-MUC
D-AIHQ MUC-HND
D-AIHU HND-MUC
D-AIHX YVR-FRA
D-AIHZ MUC-BOS

A380
D-AIMB FRA-SFO
D-AIMC FRA-PVG
D-AIMI SFO-FRA
D-AIMJ SFO-FRA
D-AIMK
D-AIML FRA-IAH
D-AIMG JFK-FRA

B748
D-ABYD ICN-FRA
D-ABYF LAX-FRA
D-ABYG FRA-MEX
D-ABYH FRA-LAX
D-ABYJ HND-FRA
D-ABYK FRA-IAD
D-ABYL LAX-FRA
D-ABYN ORD-FRA, FRA-HND
D-ABYT FRA-BLR

B747
D-ABTH FRA-DEN
D-ABVO EZE-FRA, FRA-YVR
D-ABVP FRA-YVR
D-ABVR FRA-EWR
D-ABVT HND-FRA
D-ABVU FRA-HND
D-ABVZ FRA-SFO
D-ABVY FRA-YYZ
D-ABVW FRA-DXB
D-ABTL FRA-YYZ
D-xxxx FRA-BOM (Can't remember the a/c - too long ago! )
Print Wikipost

How to know which LH aircraft has FlyNet? [merged all about LH Flynet]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 3:33 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I was on D-AIKI flying FRA-SEA on 12/30 and had in-flight WiFi, looks like it's pretty random, though
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:28 am

How to know which LH aircraft has FlyNet?

Dear All,

Do any of you happen to know how can I make sure that my flight has FlyNet available prior to making the booking?

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by MiliV
Dear All,

Do any of you happen to know how can I make sure that my flight has FlyNet available prior to making the booking?

Thanks!
Welcome to FT!

So far, there is no way to know in advance. Only few planes are equipped with the proper technology, also Flynet is only working on TATL routes.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
As Phil said, there is no way to know for sure that the aircraft you will fly on will have FlyNet. However, there are a few things you can think about to increase the likelihood.

Firstly, the entire A340 fleet (both the -300s and the -600s) does not have FlyNet installed. Same for the entire A380 fleet.

The two types where some aircraft have FlyNet installed are the B744 and the A333.

B744: 3 aircraft out of 30
A333: 6 aircraft out of 15

The B744s are all FRA-based, but the A333s are also based in MUC and DUS. The breakdown is interesting:

A333 MUC: 2 out of 3 aircraft have FlyNet
A333 DUS: 1 out of 3 aircraft have FlyNet
A333 FRA: 3 out of 9 aircraft have FlyNet

Therefore, you have the highest possible chance of FlyNet on an A330 route out of MUC.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by alex0683de
Firstly, the entire A340 fleet (both the -300s and the -600s) does not have FlyNet installed. Same for the entire A380 fleet.

The two types where some aircraft have FlyNet installed are the B744 and the A333.

B744: 3 aircraft out of 30
A333: 6 aircraft out of 15

The B744s are all FRA-based, but the A333s are also based in MUC and DUS. The breakdown is interesting:

A333 MUC: 2 out of 3 aircraft have FlyNet
A333 DUS: 1 out of 3 aircraft have FlyNet
A333 FRA: 3 out of 9 aircraft have FlyNet

Therefore, you have the highest possible chance of FlyNet on an A330 route out of MUC.
First it's important to keep in mind that, esp. with the issues in Japan, equipment changes have been occuring.

Second, there are A340-300's with FlyNet. I was just on one so the above highlighted is not correct.

Third, even when your flight should have FlyNet on board, it is still possible that a last minute equipment change could take and the replacement aircraft would not have FlyNet (happpened to me last month).

My detailed report (published from a recent FlyNet-enabled flight) is online here.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by jspira
First it's important to keep in mind that, esp. with the issues in Japan, equipment changes have been occuring.

Second, there are A340-300's with FlyNet. I was just on one so the above highlighted is not correct.
That is news to me, and also news to the site many of us here on the board have been using to keep track of the refurbishments:

http://www.mucforum.de/showthread.ph...kontbersichten

Do you happen to know what the registration of the aircraft you flew on was?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:07 am

Interesting thread you pointed to - danke!

Sorry, since I don't typically track those, I don't know it offhand.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Feel free to look it up here: http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:06 am

If the dateline on your article is correct (30 March), then based on ACARS and this radar site, it seems to have been D-AIGA.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 10:45 am

If the dateline on your article is correct (30 March), then based on ACARS and this radar site, it seems to have been D-AIGA.
Dateline is quite correct (the article was published during the flight) and I seem to recall that the manager I spoke with at Lufthansa said "Gulfstream Alpha" at the end of when she was verifying the equipment for my flight.

Thank you for finding the registration!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by jspira
Dateline is quite correct (the article was published during the flight) and I seem to recall that the manager I spoke with at Lufthansa said "Gulfstream Alpha" at the end of when she was verifying the equipment for my flight.

Thank you for finding the registration!
You're welcome.

I'm a little surprised by the "Gulfstream" though - usually G is "Golf".
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
That is news to me, and also news to the site many of us here on the board have been using to keep track of the refurbishments:

http://www.mucforum.de/showthread.ph...kontbersichten

I can guarantee that the list on mucforum.de is not accurate at all. Sometimes I really don't know why I post on the board if no one's going to read the stuff I put up....if you search my thread you'll find a much more accurate list of a/c fitted out with FlyNet II. I'm not saying it's the best list out there but it's very accurate.

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing your flight will offer the FlyNet service prior to flight. To positively confirm your flight has FlyNet, you will now find placards advertising the service prominently displayed onboard in the galley/VCC areas.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by hamallu
I can guarantee that the list on mucforum.de is not accurate at all. Sometimes I really don't know why I post on the board if no one's going to read the stuff I put up....if you search my thread you'll find a much more accurate list of a/c fitted out with FlyNet II. I'm not saying it's the best list out there but it's very accurate.

Unfortunately there's no way of knowing your flight will offer the FlyNet service prior to flight. To positively confirm your flight has FlyNet, you will now find placards advertising the service prominently displayed onboard in the galley/VCC areas.
As I have suggested before, maybe we have our own master thread with aircraft of new First Class and flynet II? Your input would be highly appreciated since you seem to have first hand knowledge of planes that are currently undergoing the refit and also which ones are planned.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:40 am

You're welcome.

I'm a little surprised by the "Gulfstream" though - usually G is "Golf".
Ja, so was I which is why I remembered it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by hamallu
More or less, ja, that is so. My flight last month was to be on a FlyNet equipped machine but there was a last minute equipment swap. My return flight to NY from that trip would have been on one alsi but there was fog in MUC and there was no way to get to FRA in time and the flight the next day had an equipment change. Finally, my third flight had FlyNet, a fact I was able to confirm through discrete channels the morning of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.