Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 in WAW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
A380 in WAW

A380 landed in WAW last Sunday

do you happen to know how come they landed in WAW

I ve heard about 380 flying to las palmas which was widely advertised

but this WAW flight was to me unexpected

is there any source where you can get such news and fly 380 on a short haul flight?

thanks
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to libhomeradar.org D-AIMA flew as LH9915, LH9916, LH9919 and LH9920 all on 19 March. These flight numbers have found the following:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5096063/
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/5095282

It looks like D-AIMA went on a little outing on Saturday as follows:

LH9915 FRA-WAW
LH9916 WAW-IST
LH9919 IST-MLA
LH9920 MLA-FRA
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, MR Platinum, BW Gold, HH Silver
Lufthansa promotions.... great job done by LH.
One of the TV station even interruted Prime Minister speach to show take off
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I don't know what they do, but LH manages to pull off a great show sending the A380 into various european countries. The visit to nordic, italy and now poland was a big crowd puller.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I agree, good way to promote the new bird and get some solid media coverage too.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:46 pm

Is PR what they are doing with the planes as long as they do not fly to Japan with them? Or do they overhaul them? Yesterday, for the first time, I saw three LH A380 in FRA at the same time (one at C14, two at LH technik).
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I don't know what they do, but LH manages to pull off a great show sending the A380 into various european countries. The visit to nordic, italy and now poland was a big crowd puller.
At least in Scandinavia they flew to HEL, ARN, CPH to test them as emergency landing airports.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

nah, the HEL and other nordic events were pure publicity. We got some FTers on board in HEL and OSL and the entire event was to gain traction in the local market. In HEL there were severely restricted in which sections of the airport they could taxi the A380 because most of the areas were off limits due to various weight and width restrictions.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:13 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Seen the bird at IST last saturday as our LX flight was parked right next to it. Have been a bit surprised by that...

However it seemed to be an event just for the people working at the airport. I just saw airlines/airport personnel near the gate. So I wonder who was invited for a tour or if it just has been a show-off, flying over the city with the big bird...
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:42 am

Programs: price is a king
hey,

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
However it seemed to be an event just for the people working at the airport. I just saw airlines/airport personnel near the gate. So I wonder who was invited for a tour or if it just has been a show-off, flying over the city with the big bird...
we (my company) got invites from the Polish LH GM to join crowd of ~100 (warm place for waiting, 20-people tours inside, catering). Unfortunately a party day before, snow outside and the temperature next to 0C prevented us from getting up at 530 on SAT. Now I regret I must admit

mfk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.