Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival time for 6:50 am flight from DUB

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Arrival time for 6:50 am flight from DUB

How early do I need to arrive at the Dublin airport for a 6:50 am flight? We are flying Lufthansa business from DUB to FRA and then first class to IAD. Some posts suggest that you should arrive at the airport 3 hours before flight time. Are the gates even open at 3:50 am?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
That's way too early. You can do online check in 23 hours before and come to the airport latest 30 minutes before the departure to drop off your luggage. Naturally, this would be a bit of a stretch. But I'd imagine that arriving 50-60 minutes before the departure would allow you to drop off your luggage, pass through passport and security, and enjoy a cup of coffee in the lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
I would say 60 minutes is the max. Check-in online and just drop off your luggage.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by franosu
How early do I need to arrive at the Dublin airport for a 6:50 am flight? We are flying Lufthansa business from DUB to FRA and then first class to IAD. Some posts suggest that you should arrive at the airport 3 hours before flight time. Are the gates even open at 3:50 am?
I've taken this flight several times, mostly recently two weeks ago. Three hours prior to departure is insane! lol
I arrived at check-in at 0605, after dropping rental car. LH check-in is now in Area B. I got a fast-track security line sticker. But there was no real need as the LH/BD area was pretty empty. I was in the BD lounge at 0615, in time for a double espresso . Rambled down to the gate at 0630-ish.
So 0545-0600 will be plenty of time.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I flew out of DUB last december and had a 7.10 am departure on EI. Lines over at the Ryanair side of T1 can be pretty long, but as mentioned above the BD/LH side is not so crowded. There are ushers evrywhere and if you approach them and show your BP they can get you infront of the line if required.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:31 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sorry to bump this older thead; it seemed the best fit for my question.

I am booked on the 0545 DUB-FRA flight next week and was wondering what time the LH counter would open. I was thinking somewhere between 0400 and 0430 but wasn't sure (and when I called LH reservations, they couldn't see anything).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Checkin deadlines:

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002

View Screen Capture

For F/C pax only the baggage drop time lowers to 30.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just to close out my question, I arrived at DUB around 0415 and found the LH desks fully staffed and operational. There was one person in front of me at the * Gold check in desk and the standard line had about 2-3 people in it.

I was directed to the priority security lane and was the only one going through. I was at the gate by 0445.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 7, 2014 at 3:07 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Dublin Bag Drop

I will be travelling from DUB to MUC (and on to TLV) on a 05.55 flight.
My transport will only get me to the airport at 04:30.

I will check in online including one item of hold luggage.
Is there a dedicated bag drop lane?

Thanks
Old May 2, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Aircraft change. how to update mobile boarding pass?

As in the title I checked in this morning for my flight tomorrow morning DUB to FRA at 05.55
I have been notified that the aircraft has changed and a new seat allocated.
How can I update the boarding pass in the app?
I purposely used the app as I want to go to bag drop and not have to queue at 04.15.
Advice please.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:29 am

You are still checked-in, so bag drop should work with the boarding pass you got. The agent at the bag-drop will just give you a new one.

Or just go to the app, and check-in again. Might be that you have to check-out first, then check-in again.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:49 am

In the app boarding pass, scroll down to the 'change seat' link. click that and follow the links. The app should update in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.