Community
Wiki Posts
Search

entitled to compensation ??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, PC Gold, Marriott Gold
entitled to compensation ??

Hi,

I was booked end of December on a flight from LCY to FRA. Because of the heavy snow fall a few days earlier, many flights from LHR were cancelled but LCY operated normally. Sadly my flight from LCY also got cancelled (I managed to check in online the evening before but shortly afterwards the flight got cancelled).
The other flights operated by LH on that day left as per the schedule (both earlier and later flights) but LH could not rebook me on any of these flights as they said these flights were already overbooked given the cancellations at Heathrow.
As I had a connecting flight in FRA to BKK and in BKK to RGN, I decided to drive to Frankfurt. On my return I contacted LH to ask for compensation for the cancelled flight (they can't blame extreme weather as they operated the same day 3 flights from LCY to FRA (leaving before and after my scheduled departure) and LCY / FRA operated as normal)

I contacted the Senator helpline but they said I should send a fax to Customer Service. I already sent now twice the same fax but got never a reply (but did receive a refund for the cancelled flight!).

Is there someone I could contact at LH, ... to check/discuss my entitlement for compensation (the driving, ferry,.. did cost considerable more than the flight especially as I was forced to return to FRA to collect my car) as it seems LH Customer Service just ignores my request.

Last year during the Icelandic volcano ash eruption, I was stuck for an additional 6 days in Moscow and despite my claim supported with hotel, restaurant receipts, I received just 200 GBP.

I dont want to be fobbed off again

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.