FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   E-Voucher Upgrade Not Confirming, Even *With* M&M/ANA Availability? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1189583-e-voucher-upgrade-not-confirming-even-m-m-ana-availability.html)

SuperFlyBoy Mar 1, 2011 12:44 pm

E-Voucher Upgrade Not Confirming, Even *With* M&M/ANA Availability?

Does anyone know why a SEN, using e-vouchers, would not be immediately confirmed for an intercontinental segment upgrade on an LH 744, where *both* M&M and ANA are showing **4** award seats in C available??

KVS/Galileo is showing Z4 (max, I think), KVS/Sabre showing Z9, and the biz seatmap is so wide open, it's not even funny! (only 1 seat taken!)

Lack Mar 1, 2011 1:14 pm

Doesn't e-V/miles upgrade book into I, not Z for instant confirm?

SuperFlyBoy Mar 1, 2011 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 15955725)
Doesn't e-V/miles upgrade book into I, not Z for instant confirm?

Correct.

Note that ANA C+ indicates 4 x I-class, M&M C+ indicates 4 x I-class as well.

Z-class was mentioned to provide all possible data to FT'ers reading the thread, including the seatmap, which are not actual indicators of biz award/upgrade availability. ;)

demue Mar 1, 2011 10:35 pm

Did you call the SEN hotline and try to find an agent who maybe able to look at this situation and see if they can confirm it? I mean I know that SEN agents are also a hit and miss these days after the sad demise of Kassel Call Center, but still it maybe worth a shot.

SuperFlyBoy Mar 1, 2011 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 15958778)
Did you call the SEN hotline and try to find an agent who maybe able to look at this situation and see if they can confirm it? I mean I know that SEN agents are also a hot and miss these days after the sad demise of Kassel Call Center, but still it maybe worth a shot.

Ah, this might be the reason - I did the upgrade attempt with the US SEN line, which might have lower priority than the DE SEN center?

Computer system came back as WL.

I explained to her that I could even book an award right now using miles, but she said she tried 2x, and that computer systems were slow...

Let's see tonight then - will update.

demue Mar 2, 2011 2:33 am

Okay you tried the upgrade via LH SEN agent already. Well I would try to call the German SEN number and see if luck strikes there though there is no telling to what CC your call will be routed.

Alternatively, if this is a LH flight did you try to add it to My Bookings section on LH website (after login) and then do the upgrade that way online? Sometime sthat works better.

SuperFlyBoy Mar 2, 2011 3:24 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 15959400)
Okay you tried the upgrade via LH SEN agent already. Well I would try to call the German SEN number and see if luck strikes there though there is no telling to what CC your call will be routed.

Alternatively, if this is a LH flight did you try to add it to My Bookings section on LH website (after login) and then do the upgrade that way online? Sometime sthat works better.

I told them to remove the WL at the Indian call center and then tried the upgrade online.

Then I receive:

"* Your booking is not eligible for upgrade (119405)"

With a H-class ticket??

...??

Maybe a voucher code creates this WL situation?

Man, almost willing to book on another airline now!! :mad:

(Indian call center has no idea what type of booking I made - did it on the LH website itself, and first agent tells me to call my TA!! :confused: :eek:

Second agent says you cannot use miles to make an award booking - I had already told her that I could with *another* *A airline - they obviously have one-track minds!! Such a sad situation - one just has to laugh at their stupidity! :D )

Lack Mar 2, 2011 4:01 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 15959513)
I told them to remove the WL at the Indian call center and then tried the upgrade online.

Maybe you missdialed and got the BMI ICC? :-)

SuperFlyBoy Mar 2, 2011 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Lack (Post 15959585)
Maybe you missdialed and got the BMI ICC? :-)

:D

I think I get more "yes" answers from the BD ICC!!

oliver2002 Mar 2, 2011 4:59 am

Can you post specific flight details so we can crosscheck?

SuperFlyBoy Mar 2, 2011 5:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 15959729)
Can you post specific flight details so we can crosscheck?

"we" who? :)

I just had the UK SEN line put in the WL again and then it confirmed about an hour later - amazing!! :(

This really shouldn't happen...

oliver2002 Mar 2, 2011 5:14 am

'we' who have means to take a peek. But since the 17p/min hotline got things squared away I shall not bother 'we'. :D

SuperFlyBoy Mar 2, 2011 5:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 15959774)
'we' who have means to take a peek. But since the 17p/min hotline got things squared away I shall not bother 'we'. :D

Actually, it was the landline (free) number - I will PM/EM you with details when I can - have to attend to work now! :p

NewbieRunner Mar 2, 2011 5:38 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 15959734)
This really shouldn't happen...

Why not? Didn't you get the outcome you wanted? :rolleyes:

Good to hear the UK SEN line was useful, though it's unlikely you were speaking to anyone in the UK. Are you sure you didn't call the DC ICC number instead? :p

SuperFlyBoy Mar 2, 2011 9:08 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15959849)
Why not? Didn't you get the outcome you wanted? :rolleyes:

Yes, but *why* does the system *not* work?

Couldn't upgrade on website, was WL'ed for over 24 hours with no forward action, until I called the UK SEN line...

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 15959849)
Good to hear the UK SEN line was useful, though it's unlikely you were speaking to anyone in the UK. Are you sure you didn't call the DC ICC number instead? :p

It started out with a DK accent on the recording, then transferred to the SA call center.

Had to listen to a tirade about it is not an instant confirmation for a SEN...

and I'm not being demanding here - I *study* LH loads and am 95% accurate, so there is no reason for this to happen.

Called BD and they could have instantly issued an award on this segment - was going to do it too, but there really wasn't any need for an Alliance member to provide seats when they couldn't do so on their own metal.

I'm suspecting it has something to do with the voucher - someone might just chime in and verify that they had problems with upgrading when a voucher was also applied.