Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by 1flux
Does LH still serve food starting from back to front in business class on the A380? Does meal service differ if the plane has the old or new seats?
Its middle to front and middle to back, ie row 10 will get its food last and 27/28 too. 14 is worse than 21 it terms of remaining food choice.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:45 am

Hey,

I was looking at booking a flight on LH and want to be able to rebook my return leg, so I chose economy class 'L', but when I looked at the terms and conditions it says:

"This Economy Basic ticket can be changed against a fee of 208.00 $ (which converts to 120 € at today's exchange rate) if the following conditions are observed:

The new flights are booked 80 days before the start of the new journey"

What does it mean that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by athcliath
Hey,

I was looking at booking a flight on LH and want to be able to rebook my return leg, so I chose economy class 'L', but when I looked at the terms and conditions it says:

"This Economy Basic ticket can be changed against a fee of 208.00 $ (which converts to 120 € at today's exchange rate) if the following conditions are observed:

The new flights are booked 80 days before the start of the new journey"

What does it mean that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey?
I suppose that the new return leg must be no earlier than October 3rd (80 days starting from the booking date).

But I'm not sure it's correct
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:10 pm

It means that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: AA Reg
Didn't think this was worthy of a new thread, but figured I'd post it here:

I was flying Brussels Airlines from BRU-LHR on this past weekend and I ended up leaving my iPad on board in the seat back pocket (very stupid, I know - I even told myself to check before I left and didn't...).

I didn't realize until I got home & I was annoyed with myself for having done that. I submitted the form to LHR regarding it and I called this morning and they had it!

However, they said that they received it with a cracked screen and a knock on the side of it. When I had it on board - it had no scratches on it and definitely no cracks or knocks (despite leaving it on board, I do take pretty good care of my electronics), so while I'm elated they have it, I'm also a little annoyed at the fact that it's broken...

Heathrow said they received it like this from Brussels Airlines - now I don't know if that's true or not as I have no proof. Is there anyway for me to get either Brussels Airlines to fix it or Heathrow? Does anyone have any experience with damaged goods that are out of the scope of an actual damaged bag situation?

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear
Didn't think this was worthy of a new thread, but figured I'd post it here:

I was flying Brussels Airlines from BRU-LHR on this past weekend and I ended up leaving my iPad on board in the seat back pocket (very stupid, I know - I even told myself to check before I left and didn't...).

I didn't realize until I got home & I was annoyed with myself for having done that. I submitted the form to LHR regarding it and I called this morning and they had it!

However, they said that they received it with a cracked screen and a knock on the side of it. When I had it on board - it had no scratches on it and definitely no cracks or knocks (despite leaving it on board, I do take pretty good care of my electronics), so while I'm elated they have it, I'm also a little annoyed at the fact that it's broken...

Heathrow said they received it like this from Brussels Airlines - now I don't know if that's true or not as I have no proof. Is there anyway for me to get either Brussels Airlines to fix it or Heathrow? Does anyone have any experience with damaged goods that are out of the scope of an actual damaged bag situation?

Thanks!
I would not even spend the time to ask Heathrow- you may want to ask Brussels Airlines as you were their direct customer however it will be very difficult to come down to anything except a claim that you said it wasn't broken and they said it was.

The fortunate part is you got it back- perhaps an Apple store can fix it for you or you may even be eligible for some kind of coverage through Apple Care?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: AA Reg
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I would not even spend the time to ask Heathrow- you may want to ask Brussels Airlines as you were their direct customer however it will be very difficult to come down to anything except a claim that you said it wasn't broken and they said it was.

The fortunate part is you got it back- perhaps an Apple store can fix it for you or you may even be eligible for some kind of coverage through Apple Care?
That's sort of what I figured - Heathrow said on the phone "we got it like this". I'm very happy to have gotten it back (almost surprised, to be honest!).

I'll send Brussels Airlines an email/call them and see what they say, but will definitely be exploring the Apple option (I think it's still within warranty, so they may be able to pull some strings)- thankfully London has a few stores.

Appreciate the help!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Last time I was there a couple of weeks ago I thought I saw them on the right as you enter the lounge.
I am back in the same lounge... I found the lockers now. They are right next to the elevators. Silly me having paid 7 Euros to store my bags last time at the place outside of check in.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
Late night westbound flight from the US

Thanks a lot for the flame-free thread...long story short:

I'm going on a trip from ORD-KBV via FRA and BKK

ON LH433 at 10:30p from ORD to FRA in business. What meal is typically served at that time? Trying to figure out when I will be eating / sleeping. I'm trying to stave off the pre-trip anxiety but can;t find the meal type, just says: "Unspecified meal".

I have a 55 min layover in FRA so I won't have time to eat, etc. Thanks I know I'm overthinking this haha.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:57 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by munster182
Thanks a lot for the flame-free thread...long story short:

I'm going on a trip from ORD-KBV via FRA and BKK

ON LH433 at 10:30p from ORD to FRA in business. What meal is typically served at that time? Trying to figure out when I will be eating / sleeping. I'm trying to stave off the pre-trip anxiety but can;t find the meal type, just says: "Unspecified meal".

I have a 55 min layover in FRA so I won't have time to eat, etc. Thanks I know I'm overthinking this haha.
On LH433 in Business you will get the same ex-US (East) menu posted regularly in this thread (check the wiki post for links to the relevant posts) but with the appetizer and the main course served together as explained here. You will also get a light breakfast before landing. The menu changes every two months.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:44 pm

If this is in the wrong forum, please move accordingly. I'm looking for someone to talk to about delayed luggage on a Lufthansa flight. I was given the form with phone numbers and the reference number of the delayed bag, even given a time when the luggage was supposed to be delivered to the hotel. Yet, it's been 7 hours since the target time and nothing. I understand it's the middle of the night, but I tried calling all the numbers I could find and no one is answering. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call the regular customer relations number, and ask for them to look in 'Worldtracer' to see what is going on with your luggage.

Worldtracer is also available online, but doesn't show all the details:
http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_en.htm

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call the regular customer relations number, and ask for them to look in 'Worldtracer' to see what is going on with your luggage.

Worldtracer is also available online, but doesn't show all the details:
http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/LH_en.htm

https://www.lufthansa.com/online/myp...l=en&cid=18002
Thanks for the suggestions, the luggage finally showed up. Now on to the fun of sending receipts for reimbursement of clothes and toiletries.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
It means that the new flight must be booked 80 days before the start of the new journey.
That's hilarious
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
New or old config?

Hi there,

will be flying on 07/27 on LH 438 FRA-DFW.

Is there any way to find out if this will be the new seats in C?

Thanks,

F.R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.