Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2012, 4:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Would it also get one into the FCT?
Yes, if the onward flight is on LH/LX/OS.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
A same day arriving boarding pass from an LH flight in F should get you into the FCL in FRA.
That's great, thanks! So it looks like I have a choice to make. Would you (or anyone else) suggest using the FCL in MUC, or hopping over to FRA first, or does it not make a difference really? I've used the FCT in FRA a couple of times, but never been in an FCL in either airport.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cricketer
That's great, thanks! So it looks like I have a choice to make. Would you (or anyone else) suggest using the FCL in MUC, or hopping over to FRA first, or does it not make a difference really? I've used the FCT in FRA a couple of times, but never been in an FCL in either airport.
I have only been a few times in either lounges but IMO FRA is superior.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cricketer
They have the same furniture, similar layout and facilities. The main difference is the food on offer. The FCL MUC catering is from LSG, while the FCT and the FCLs in FRA are catered by Do & Co. FRA FCLs A & B have a view of the apron but MUC FCL has no view. The FCL B in FRA has a paid spa.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:59 pm

Hit me, if i'm wrong in here, but there's one big Question: I am in need of some Miles..having 260k right now, getting 50k via Coop, maybe 10k via CC-Referal..So that leaves 20k to 30k that i still need for FirstClass Flight for two...Any Ideas? Any Help?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Hit me, if i'm wrong in here, but there's one big Question: I am in need of some Miles..having 260k right now, getting 50k via Coop, maybe 10k via CC-Referal..So that leaves 20k to 30k that i still need for FirstClass Flight for two...Any Ideas? Any Help?
Write 200 to 300 hotel review till tomorrow evening on Tripadvisor India

OR

Buy the miles

OR

Get more credit cards (DKB, can also be joined with a Swiss address, gives 5k just for sign up, and it's free/no fee)

http://www.dkb.de/privatkunden/dkb_c..._ch/index.html

Unfortunately, no Svarovski offer yet this year, it was quite decent last year (3000 miles for any shopping with 100 CHF or more)

Generally, that's what my brain comes up with right now.. if you're residing in Germany (or have the possibility to use a German address) there is always the option to order some newspaper ("Altpapier") subscriptions..
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SPG is currently selling points at a 20% discount, 20000 spg points at 560$ will translate into 25000 M&M.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:07 am

I go and write the Hotel Reviews

Thanks for the Input! I'll do some of each...Good Ideas!

oliver, thats another excellent idea! I'll check that one too! Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:56 am

Connecting through FRA on Lufthansa

I will be traveling from the US to FRA to MXP with a 10 hour layover in FRA..could you please tell me if it would be a problem to see the city and make it back for my flight..not concerned with time just customs issues and my checked bags..thank you...

also flying business class will I have access to LH lounge? (FRA and MXP)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimmycopp99
I will be traveling from the US to FRA to MXP with a 10 hour layover in FRA..could you please tell me if it would be a problem to see the city and make it back for my flight..not concerned with time just customs issues and my checked bags..thank you...

also flying business class will I have access to LH lounge? (FRA and MXP)
You can check your baggage through to MXP so you don't have to pick it up in FRA. Leaving the airport isn't a problem and in any case you will have to go through passport control in FRA to enter Schengen. No passport control when you arrive in MXP.

You will have access to the Business Lounge in FRA and MXP. You may also have lounge access at your departure airport in US. Where are you travelling from?

If you are arriving on LH in Business you should also have access to the Welcome (arrival) Lounge in FRA.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I will fly LAX-MUC tomorrow.
My seat was on the very last row in main cabin because I got this flight yesterday due to hurricane Sandy...
Anyway I checked in and I was able to pick a new seat in front in the main cabin.
I noticed that the seat next me is now blocked for some reason according to EF.
Is that because I'm *G??? If so, it's a nice gesture from LH.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: LH M&M
MrJBoy: LH generally tries to block the seat beside any *G in any class of service - space and availability permitting.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 2:12 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LowEnd
MrJBoy: LH generally tries to block the seat beside any *G in any class of service - space and availability permitting.
Ah, another opportunity for me to say: seat blocking is a myth for both SENs and HONs alike...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: LH M&M
Well, not really. They do "try" to block it, and it usually shows as blocked up until the last few hours before the flight.
Indeed, it rarely stays blocked once check-in gets going, but it happens.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:03 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LowEnd
Well, not really. They do "try" to block it, and it usually shows as blocked up until the last few hours before the flight.
Indeed, it rarely stays blocked once check-in gets going, but it happens.
It never works for me. LH already managed to put me in the only full row of the plane with lots of completely empty rows available. I strongly believe that if you have an empty seat next to you it's down to pure luck and certainly not your status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.