Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2011-15 edition]

Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: A3 Gold (*G), M&M FTL (*S)
Thank you DownUnderFlyer and NewbieRunner for your help.

It seems that UA just took the CO codes and did no conversion. So Q gave me 100% and T&W just 50%. Not nice, but good to know for future bookings

Sincerely
CheSe
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
could someone please PM me an emailaddress or phone number for LH LAX station, I have an issue with a ticket with UM service for my daughter HON Circle Hot line couldn't help me with...
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Is there a tracking thread for the 346 F updates?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nevansm
Is there a tracking thread for the 346 F updates?
The only information posted on FT as far as I know is in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ofit-info.html

Originally Posted by LHPII
In Winter 2010/2011 only one A343 and two A346 will get a new First class.
Originally Posted by LHPII
The new First class retrofit to the rest of the Airbus fleet (65 aircraft) will last up to 5 years due to 3 weeks ground time required for an aircraft retrofit.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Question bmi Lounge in LHR

Hi!

Does anyone know if as FTL (LH Silver) I can get access to the bmi lounge in LHR when flying Y on Croatia Airlines? Croatia's offical programme is M&M, so I believe that I should have access, but can't find a definitive answer online. I'm flying tomorrow and would like to plan my airport timings accordingly!

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shefgab
Does anyone know if as FTL (LH Silver) I can get access to the bmi lounge in LHR when flying Y on Croatia Airlines? Croatia's offical programme is M&M, so I believe that I should have access, but can't find a definitive answer online. I'm flying tomorrow and would like to plan my airport timings accordingly!
I know that LH and LX have arrangements for FTLs departing on LH/LX flights in Y to access the bmi international lounge in LHR, but I'm afraid I don't know if other M&M integrated airlines have a similar arrangement with bmi.

Unfortunately bmi's own website is not very clear about who has access to the lounge either.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:47 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Hi there,

This is my first post on the LH forum - so forgive me if this is a silly question. I am going to Germany mid April (Paderborn) and will be flying SIN-FRA or SIN-MUC (I don't care which) but I would love to visit the FRA FCT.

Dont worry about Frankfurt to Paderborn - I intend to rent the fastest car possible and drive the internal sector!

I will be ticketing in D/Z (approx 4200 euro RT) and want to know what my upgrade chances to F will be using a paper SWU will be out of SIN. Should I take the SIN-FRA flight given that there are double the F seats on this flight compared to the MUC flight (Airbus)?

Also, do I have to call the 1K desk in the US to convert my electronic SWU's to paper or can the UA SIN office do this for me?

I know this will be on the old F seats, but I don't mind.

Thanks in advance...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Welcome to the M&M forum, eightblack!

The FCT is a departure terminal and in order to use the FCT you will have to depart from FRA by plane - and not in a fast car! It may work on your way back to SIN but not when you arrive unless you have a connecting flight. You can use one of the First Class Lounges in FRA is you arrive on LH in F.

I cannot answer your question about your chances of an upgrade but you will have to ask the 1K desk to send you paper SWU in advance. I don't think UA's SIN office can do it for you.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:11 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Welcome to the M&M forum, eightblack!

The FCT is a departure terminal and in order to use the FCT you will have to depart from FRA by plane - and not in a fast car! It may work on your way back to SIN but not when you arrive unless you have a connecting flight. You can use one of the First Class Lounges in FRA is you arrive on LH in F
NewbieRunner, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, good point re onward flight from FRA. Ok, no problem. I will book the connection to PAD or MUC. Doesn't matter to me. As long as I can drink heavily in the FCT!

Danke Schn...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
Yes, good point re onward flight from FRA. Ok, no problem. I will book the connection to PAD or MUC. Doesn't matter to me. As long as I can drink heavily in the FCT!
I don't think LH flies FRA-PAD directly, so it will have to be FRA-MUC or possibly FRA-HAJ or FRA-DUS which will be in the right direction.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Lounges

Hi,

I wonder if anyone is able to help me. I am flying into ZRH on F and catching a connecting flight to LHR on J seat. Which lounge will I be able to use? The First Lounge or the Business Lounge?

Any help, suggestions and comments all welcome.

I can fly direct to LHR on TG F but want to try LX F (albeit the old F).

Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwidragon
I am flying into ZRH on F and catching a connecting flight to LHR on J seat. Which lounge will I be able to use? The First Lounge or the Business Lounge?
You can use the First Class Lounge. The FCL is in Schengen so you'll have to go through passport control to get there but if you don't need a visa to enter Schengen there shouldn't be any problem. From the FCL they should drive you to your LHR flight which leaves from a remote apron position, via security/passport control which is more of less below the FCL.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:01 am

Guest FCL access in MUC and Schengen vs. Non-Schengen area

Early June, I will be connecting at MUC, departing on LH F (MUC-CLT). I am arriving from CDG. My mother is connecting at the same time, arriving from IST and connecting to LH C (MUC-IAD).
Questions:
(1) Will I be able to guest her into the FCL?
(2) Is the FCL in the non-Schengen area (I assume it is)?
(3) How much of a pain will it be for my mother to clear immigration if I want to have a beer with her at Airbrau?
(4) Is it worth it compared to the FCL or G28 C lounge Beer Garden?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fpc552
Early June, I will be connecting at MUC, departing on LH F (MUC-CLT). I am arriving from CDG. My mother is connecting at the same time, arriving from IST and connecting to LH C (MUC-IAD).
Questions:
(1) Will I be able to guest her into the FCL?
Yes, according to LH.com's lounge access rules. A passenger with a same-day First Class boarding pass may invite one companion plus spouse/partner, and children under the age of 18. Guests must produce a valid, same-day boarding pass for a Lufthansa/STAR Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in.

(2) Is the FCL in the non-Schengen area (I assume it is)?
The MUC FCL is on two floors with entrances/exits on two levels. It's neither Schengen nor non-Schengen with its own passport control within the lounge. You are both departing to non-Schengen destinations, but you are arriving from Schengen while your mother is arriving from non-Schengen. It will probably be best if you go up to Level H (non-Schengen) and meet your mother outside the FCL near gate H21.

(3) How much of a pain will it be for my mother to clear immigration if I want to have a beer with her at Airbrau?
Depends on her passport. If she doesn't require a visa to enter Schengen there shouldn't be any problem.

(4) Is it worth it compared to the FCL or G28 C lounge Beer Garden?
There's actually Airbru Next to Heaven on Level H (also called Level 5) airside. I've never been there myself but it might be a good compromise.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, according to LH.com's lounge access rules. A passenger with a same-day First Class boarding pass may invite one companion plus spouse/partner, and children under the age of 18. Guests must produce a valid, same-day boarding pass for a Lufthansa/STAR Alliance flight and leave the lounge with the person who invited them in.

The MUC FCL is on two floors with entrances/exits on two levels. It's neither Schengen nor non-Schengen with its own passport control within the lounge. You are both departing to non-Schengen destinations, but you are arriving from Schengen while your mother is arriving from non-Schengen. It will probably be best if you go up to Level H (non-Schengen) and meet your mother outside the FCL near gate H21.

Depends on her passport. If she doesn't require a visa to enter Schengen there shouldn't be any problem.

There's actually Airbru Next to Heaven on Level H (also called Level 5) airside. I've never been there myself but it might be a good compromise.
Both US passports, so no problem. Thanks very much, this is super helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.