LHR-FRA-EWR Connection

Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
Made it!

LHR was delayed by 40 minutes including a complete ground stop because of a helicopter emergency.

Arrived in FRA B24 at 1645 and was in my seat at A65 sipping champagne by 1710.

Have faith all you FRA connectors!

Thanks to everyone on the thread for your input. Happy weekend ;-)
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by duncfly
Made it!

LHR was delayed by 40 minutes including a complete ground stop because of a helicopter emergency.

Have faith all you FRA connectors!

Thanks to everyone on the thread for your input. Happy weekend ;-)
Not bad for a Friday afternoon - or any given time or day actually!
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Not bad for a Friday afternoon - or any given time or day actually!
FRA was surprisingly quiet. LHR flight was full. The EWR was 2 in F and C was not more than 50% full. Not a normal route for me and I was surprised at such light loads on a Friday evening. The gate area around A50~ to A65 was a ghost town.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Glad to hear you made it! ^
Late pm arrivals (and also delayed flights) from the UK seem to have a better chance of a gate arrival.

The gate area around A50~ to A65 was a ghost town.
The EWR flight must be one of the last TATL departures of the day until the summer timetable starts. They used to close the Tower Lounge when the last TATL flight left. I wonder what happens now, and what happens to the non-Schengen A Pier in general in the evening.

p.s. Just checked lh.com. The Tower Lounge closes at 5pm.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
FRA was surprisingly quiet. LHR flight was full. The EWR was 2 in F and C was not more than 50% full. Not a normal route for me and I was surprised at such light loads on a Friday evening. The gate area around A50~ to A65 was a ghost town.
The late flight to EWR (which is the second on LH out of EWR) was never a big taker. I have experienced it to be only half full several times. It has come and gone out of the LH system, so I wouldn't be surprised if they axe it at some point again.
The timing is great though to leave for the US east coast and still have almost a full day of work in Central Europe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.