Advance seating for a *G

Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P and miles scattered around a few other programs
Advance seating for a *G

Hey guys,

I found this post about ASR, but it wasn't very clear for me, so if you could help me here that'd be awesome. I'm flying DEN-FRA in Y (it's a a340-600) and I'd like to book one of the premium seats out front.

Can I do it as *G and not a SEN/HON? If not, when online check-in starts 23h before departure, are those seats still blocked to non-elite passengers or is it a free-for-all?

Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 2:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I believe those seats near the front do open up when OLCI starts T-23. The front of the cabin tends to be relatively empty until OCLI starts because not many people can reserve those seats.

But they are not like E+ seats on UA. They are exactly the same as the rest of the Economy cabin.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
On A346 rows 26-29 (apart from AC+HK) can be obtained during online check-in by doing check-in on OS webpage. These seats will be marked in yellow color as "preferred." However, OS seems to be offering online check-in for purely LH flights on a "hit or miss" basis: no problem for me for FRA-KIX-FRA flights but could not go for FRA-SIN-FRA.

As NewbieRunner mentioned, in terms of comfort, all seats (apart from some in row 26) have the same legroom. The only benefit of the first few rows is that since the service starts from the front of the cabin, you are bound to get your meal choice.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P and miles scattered around a few other programs
Yeah, I'm trying to get 26A or K, my fave seats in Y in that bird. Lots of legroom, don't need to bother the person next to you if you want to take a walk. So once OLCI starts those are open for anyone to get it, elite or not?
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GRU the wanderer
Yeah, I'm trying to get 26A or K, my fave seats in Y in that bird. Lots of legroom, don't need to bother the person next to you if you want to take a walk. So once OLCI starts those are open for anyone to get it, elite or not?
As olm022 pointed out I don't think 26 AC and HK are available for OLCI. I believe those seats can only be assigned at the airport.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
26AC/HK are not released for online check-in. The best you could get would be 26D/G (they do have a bit of a legroom for your left/right foot). Also, if there is not much movement between C and M cabin, you could try stretching your legs into the C cabin if you sit in 26D/G (but then be also prepared for occasional cart bumping).

Alternatively, if you live close to the airport, you could show up at check-in counter 24 hrs before the flight and get emergency seats there. This will only be possible if your A346 flight either departs from the airport where you are located or, if your traveling involves a connecting, if all segments are on one ticket.

(I once flew LWO-MUC-FRA//separate ticket//FRA-KIX). The agent in MUC could see the seat map for FRA-KIX but because FRA-KIX was on a separate ticket, she could not change my seat assignment even after I have done online check-in).
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:11 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by olm022
Alternatively, if you live close to the airport, you could show up at check-in counter 24 hrs before the flight and get emergency seats there. This will only be possible if your A346 flight either departs from the airport where you are located or, if your traveling involves a connecting, if all segments are on one ticket.
+1 - that's my standard procedure now when flying 346 (WAW-)MUC-SFO. LH's E+ is worth all the efforts.

mfk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.