This HAPPENED to me in CCS few hours ago! LH disaster!

Old Feb 16, 11, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mr.pliner View Post
The situation is so bizarre..... If it says, that we can drop off bags 90min PRIOR to departure, and since we were checked IN aprox. 16 hours BEFORE the dead line, then they MUST have just accepted our luggage. Correct?? Yes?
and with exactly that thought i would escalate this...
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:31 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
The situation is so bizarre..... If it says, that we can drop off bags 90min PRIOR to departure, and since we were checked IN aprox. 16 hours BEFORE the dead line, then they MUST have just accepted our luggage. Correct?? Yes?
Yes, this is correct.
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by szg View Post
Yes, this is correct.
this is correct for FIRST and BUSINESS CLASS tickets.
For ECONOMY tickets the website says 120 mins for baggage drop-off

Last edited by rotanes; Feb 16, 11 at 12:40 pm Reason: included picture
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rotanes View Post
this is correct for FIRST and BUSINESS CLASS tickets.
For ECONOMY tickets the website says 120 mins for baggage drop-off
Yes, what I posted in #61 was and is what you get when you choose "Business/First Class with etix".
Old Feb 16, 11, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
In any event, it's useless now, since we know, that there were no one at ANY desk even 105 min before!
Old Feb 16, 11, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
In any event, it's useless now, since we know, that there were no one at ANY desk even 105 min before!
LH will probably state that all C & F pax had already been checked in. Therefore time to shut up shop and go back to fighting for the revolution in CCS...
Old Feb 16, 11, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
LH will probably state that all C & F pax had already been checked in. Therefore time to shut up shop and go back to fighting for the revolution in CCS...
But is there a rule, that states: IF F/C pax checked in early, LH staff can close the entire area of operation, prior to the expiration of deadline time frame and go home???
Old Feb 17, 11, 3:59 am

Programs: QF (WP, LTG), LH (SEN** till 02/20), AB-G, AF, AA
But is there a rule, that states: IF F/C pax checked in early, LH staff can close the entire area of operation, prior to the expiration of deadline time frame and go home???
How about a person showing up at T-90 and wants
a) to buy a new ticket
b) wants to be rebooked on the flight
c) has been rebooked via telephone...
Old Feb 17, 11, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
It all comes down to the *G benefits then, if you're entitled to F/C checkin (along with timing). Of course they can claim that everyone checked in online (even w/o bag dropping), but I doubt they'll resort to that stupid excuse.
Old Feb 17, 11, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Lack View Post
It all comes down to the *G benefits then, if you're entitled to F/C checkin (along with timing). Of course they can claim that everyone checked in online (even w/o bag dropping), but I doubt they'll resort to that stupid excuse.
To me, the website is very clear that it is your ticket class that counts - not status or which desk you check in at. I await someone to check offically.

Of course this doesn't change the poor service at CCS, but I think does absolve LH of responsibility in this particular case.
Old Feb 18, 11, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 8420PR View Post
<....> I await someone to check officially....<...>
So far, I've counted 4 people, who were looking up into this situation (about allowing SEN to use F/C pax deadline for baggage drop off), and no one got any answers?? I thought this forum has a "direct line" with almighty

Any news? I can't get an answer from LH either...
Old Feb 18, 11, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: No pride in status
Lightbulb

So far, I've counted 4 people, who were looking up into this situation (about allowing SEN to use F/C pax deadline for baggage drop off), and no one got any answers?? I thought this forum has a "direct line" with almighty

Any news? I can't get an answer from LH either...
It's obvious and clear to me that when certain tiers have executive class checkin privileges, then of course the corresponding cutoff times would apply. Anything else is a lame excuse on the part of the station manager or airline.
Old Feb 20, 11, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
It's obvious and clear to me that when certain tiers have executive class checkin privileges, then of course the corresponding cutoff times would apply. Anything else is a lame excuse on the part of the station manager or airline.
Exactly! But how come NO ONE can answer this question? It's amazing, that you can find almost any information related to LH, that has to with rules and regulations, which can be applied to you in a "less favorite" situation, but when you're trying to find the R&Rs that can benefit you........ silence........
Old Feb 20, 11, 6:56 am
Suspended

Exactly! But how come NO ONE can answer this question? It's amazing, that you can find almost any information related to LH, that has to with rules and regulations, which can be applied to you in a "less favorite" situation, but when you're trying to find the R&Rs that can benefit you........ silence........
Air canada uses a single cutoff for all passengers

See carracass in this link. It's 60 minutes

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...t/checkin.html

So if it is airport specific it should apply to all airlines.

I think op is getting jerked around.
Old Feb 20, 11, 7:13 am
Suspended

Star gold can use business checkin

Originally Posted by vbroucek View Post
As a matter of the fact, it is on Lufthansa's website and I believe it is your duty to be on time. So I fail to see why it is Lufthansa's problem. Never been to CCS, but would doubt that LH has its own people there, so it will be whoever does it for them and they simply follow the rule...
So IMHO, since you came late, you cannot do much and as LH SEN you should know better.
The only chance for you would be if you were on C/F ticket, then according to this link they should accept your luggage until 90 minutes prior departure. In whY it is indeed 120 min.
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

While i couldn't really find anything explicit on lh website, the star alliance benefits website is clear. If you hold star gold status you can use business counters for checkin, OBVIOUSLY, the accompanying checkin deadline would apply too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: