This HAPPENED to me in CCS few hours ago! LH disaster!

Old Feb 10, 11, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Originally Posted by sentom View Post
point is that at first it doesn't matter if *G enables you to C/F deadlines. OP was there within the 90min deadline but there was no personnel at the counters! FULL STOP!

i usually check deadlines if i don't know the airport, so me being HON i certainly wouldn't have showed up much before the 90min deadline, and then what!? no personnel at the counters at time is simply unacceptable. this goes hand in hand though with my experiences at CCS...
Yes, it is my point as well. It looks like catch 22. Even if I had NO status at all but there were someone at the counter, at least I would have a chance. But there was no one to even talk to.....
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
point is that at first it doesn't matter if *G enables you to C/F deadlines. OP was there within the 90min deadline but there was no personnel at the counters! FULL STOP!

i usually check deadlines if i don't know the airport, so me being HON i certainly wouldn't have showed up much before the 90min deadline, and then what!? no personnel at the counters at time is simply unacceptable. this goes hand in hand though with my experiences at CCS...
+1
Old Feb 11, 11, 1:15 am

.....this goes hand in hand though with my experiences at CCS...
look, what happened yesterday in Venezuela's National Assembly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9o4xZSmPZY
Old Feb 11, 11, 3:54 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by demue View Post
..As others have said, don't email. Write a letter and mail it with good old snail mail. Makes it harder (not impossible of course) for the folks in Cologne to get it processed offshore. Worth a shot. But alas don't expect anything, not even sympathie.
Yes, paper mail definitely has a higher chance to be answered eventually.
Originally Posted by denhaagflyer View Post
Well, over my past eight years as SEN, every single letter (mostly submitted through web-site, btw.) has been responded in a personal manner..
This will come at no one's surprise here: in my 13 years as SEN not one letter has initially been answered personally, coherently, competently. When I sent angry follow-ups and threats, I'd usually be able to solicit a somewhat matching response.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
There is no offshore processing. And LH has quite a sophisticated complaints management system which is managed by arvato, their outsourcer. All letters are processed in Germany and forwarded to the right LH managers incl a lot of statistical data. So if lots of people complain about a certain topic chances of it being heard are much higher than one person complaining about something. And yes, LH managers will actually get to see those letters, they will not get stuck in some processing centre.
I am not following ... are you suggesting that they answer incoherently or do not answer at all with full and malicious intent? As part of their strategy?
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero View Post
Yes, paper mail definitely has a higher chance to be answered eventually.

This will come at no one's surprise here: in my 13 years as SEN not one letter has initially been answered personally, coherently, competently. When I sent angry follow-ups and threats, I'd usually be able to solicit a somewhat matching response.

I am not following ... are you suggesting that they answer incoherently or do not answer at all with full and malicious intent? As part of their strategy?
I can just imagine you sitting under a bare lightbulb writing angry letters to the government (and Lufthansa) !
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold

Good point!
Old Feb 11, 11, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
I can just imagine you sitting under a bare lightbulb writing angry letters to the government (and Lufthansa) !
While it is true that I worship bare lightbulbs, LH trained me real well that writing letters isn't the gold standard to succeeding.
Old Feb 12, 11, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

I wrote and posted the link to the LH fan page on facebook. Got a fast reply and as understand, the moderator contacted the LH staff on our behalf as well. Perhaps, if the "news" would come from different angles, they would "reach" the necessary hands and raise attention to the issue....
Old Feb 15, 11, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

I think, those, who (including me) are thinking that we can change something by writing to a certain people, are kidding ourselves here.

Granted, I just mailed out a letters and it will take time to respond, but I has been a week since I wrote emails to LH. Nothing..... Not even, "we sorry, you had to experience .... we will try harder in the future". Absolutely nothing...

p.s. or I am being too impatient here? I don't write to LH usually, but assume, one week is a large period of time (and we are talking 7 business days).
Old Feb 15, 11, 7:32 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by mr.pliner View Post
p.s. or I am being too impatient here? I don't write to LH usually, but assume, one week is a large period of time (and we are talking 7 business days).
you are.
Old Feb 16, 11, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think, those, who (including me) are thinking that we can change something by writing to a certain people, are kidding ourselves here.

Granted, I just mailed out a letters and it will take time to respond, but I has been a week since I wrote emails to LH. Nothing..... Not even, "we sorry, you had to experience .... we will try harder in the future". Absolutely nothing...

Send another letter complaining about the lack of response to the first letter.
Old Feb 16, 11, 5:24 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by weero View Post
Neither.

Yes. We had quite a few threads here that response times are more measured in weeks and months and not days.
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Well..... AS EXPECTED!!!

Not a single word about 90min. Not to mention, "our passengers wish to meet their families, friends and business partners punctually they quite rightly expect their flights to be on time and reliable".... I guess, that is the reason why the flight left 20 min earlier, so they all can meet their families even before the scheduled time....

__________________________________________________ _____________
Lufthansa to me
show details 5:33 PM (3 hours ago)
Dear Mr. Pliner,

Thank you very much for your comment on our Lufthansa Facebook Page dated 6 and 10 February. Our Lufthansa Facebook team informed us that you also posted your experiences on flyertalk.com.

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the behaviour of Lufthansa staff and felt unattended at the airport of Caracas prior to your flights to St. Petersburg via Frankfurt and Munich on 5 February. We very much regret that we were unable to accept you for travel on your booked flight due to your arrival at the counter after the check-in deadline. The fact that the Lufthansa office was not designated clearly and none of the persons you asked for the right way was able to give you a suitable answer clearly added to your understandable frustration. For the inconvenience this caused you and Mrs.(omitted) we wish to express our sincere apologies.

As our passengers wish to meet their families, friends and business partners punctually they quite rightly expect their flights to be on time and reliable and we do everything we can to ensure that they are. However, in order to achieve this, we need to create structures to guarantee that we are able to meet this requirement for punctuality and reliability, reflecting the individual circumstances at each airport. Therefore, passengers have to be in possession of their boarding pass and must have checked in their baggage before a certain deadline, even if they have already checked-in online.

At the point of time when you met the Lufthansa agent at the office the required 120 minutes had already passed. We kindly ask for your understanding that we were unable to accept you and Mrs.(omitted) for the flight to Frankfurt due to this fact. We do agree with you that the agent should have presented herself in a more supportive and caring manner. Our station manager however did find an appropriate solution of the problem by authorising a rebooking of your tickets, which is normally not possible when passengers do not arrive punctually for their flights. Nevertheless, please be assured that we take your comments in serious and that they help us to find the areas we need to concentrate on more and implement ways to improve any short comings. We have of course documented your remarks for an internal review with the station management in Caracas.

Considering your frustration with this experience it is all the more a pleasure for us to receive your positive feedback about the hospitality and friendliness of your inflight crew during your alternative flight the next day. We have, of course, passed your comments onto our cabin crew team mailbox to ensure the right people receive your praise. Furthermore, we were pleased to hear about your positive experiences with Lufthansa during your flights within Europe. Your words will provide the motivation for us to continue to do our very best at all times.

Dear Mr. Pliner, we are aware how unpleasant the recent situation at the airport Caracas must have been for you. Despite the unfortunate circumstances, we very much hope that you give us the chance to convince you of our service again. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you and Mrs.(omitted) back on board a Lufthansa flight again soon.

Yours sincerely,
__________________________________________________ ____
Christiane (omitted) / Manuel (omitted)
Customer Feedback Europe

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Feedback Europe
PO Box 1289
Liverpool L69 3AX
UK
E-mail: [email protected]

Incorporated in the Federal Republic of Germany with limited liability.
Corporate Headquarters/Sitz der Gesellschaft: Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft, Köln
Registration/Registereintragung: Amtsgericht Köln HR B 2168.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board/ Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Juergen Weber
Executive Board/Vorstand: Dr. Christoph Franz (Chairman/Vorsitzender), Stephan Gemkow, Stefan H. Lauer, Carsten Spohr
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:16 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
As far as I can see FRA is 30 mins for Economy and Business/First except airport kiosk check-in for Economy which is 40 mins.

For CSS the check-in and bag drop deadline for Economy is 120 mins but for Business/First there is some discrepancy on lufthansa.com. The check-in deadline is stated as 90 mins, but in the table online and mobile check-in deadline is 120 mins and the bag drop deadline is 90 mins.

The question here is as a SEN travelling in Y, if the bag drop deadline of 90 mins should have applied to the OP as he should have been entitled to use the First check-in counter.
The check-in deadline for mobile check-in is now changed to 120 minutes !!!!!!
Old Feb 16, 11, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by szg View Post
The check-in deadline for mobile check-in is now changed to 120 minutes !!!!!!
The situation is so bizarre..... If it says, that we can drop off bags 90min PRIOR to departure, and since we were checked IN aprox. 16 hours BEFORE the dead line, then they MUST have just accepted our luggage. Correct?? Yes?

Search this Thread