This HAPPENED to me in CCS few hours ago! LH disaster!

Old Feb 10, 11, 1:07 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Weero - I agree with the possible scenario, but I would send the letter directly to Cologne and hope it does not get scanned and forwarded to one of the lovely processing centers.
Yes send it to Cologne, they now enforce an open door/window policy for easier complain letter delivery:

Old Feb 10, 11, 2:12 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Weero - I agree with the possible scenario, but I would send the letter directly to Cologne and hope it does not get scanned and forwarded to one of the lovely processing centers. In the end a canned response from LH will very likely arrive, but then it is worth a try as it is just a cut and paste and print for the OP anyways.

As others have said, don't email. Write a letter and mail it with good old snail mail. Makes it harder (not impossible of course) for the folks in Cologne to get it processed offshore. Worth a shot. But alas don't expect anything, not even sympathie.
There is no offshore processing. And LH has quite a sophisticated complaints management system which is managed by arvato, their outsourcer. All letters are processed in Germany and forwarded to the right LH managers incl a lot of statistical data. So if lots of people complain about a certain topic chances of it being heard are much higher than one person complaining about something. And yes, LH managers will actually get to see those letters, they will not get stuck in some processing centre.
Old Feb 10, 11, 2:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
There is no offshore processing. And LH has quite a sophisticated complaints management system which is managed by arvato, their outsourcer. All letters are processed in Germany and forwarded to the right LH managers incl a lot of statistical data. So if lots of people complain about a certain topic chances of it being heard are much higher than one person complaining about something. And yes, LH managers will actually get to see those letters, they will not get stuck in some processing centre.
Do you know what happens to letters sent to their Liverpool address? My understanding is that's where all complaints from most countries (in Europe?) outside Germany are supposed to be sent to. I suppose it's where their outsourcer is located but I'm curious whether letters sent to the Liverpool address are treated in the same way as those sent to and processed in Germany.
Old Feb 10, 11, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Well, gentlemen, should I just send the story to: Köln, Liverpool and the Americas office? Or it would look too desperate from my side?

p.s. if anyone has a specific name or address the letter should be addressed to, please PM me.

Thank you
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by mr.pliner View Post
Well, gentlemen, should I just send the story to: Köln, Liverpool and the Americas office? Or it would look too desperate from my side?
My guess is sending a letter to Köln is a waste of time.
Old Feb 10, 11, 4:59 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I would send it to Frankfurt, to whoever took over Thierry Antinori's old job. Does anyone know who that person is?
Old Feb 10, 11, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
I would send it to Frankfurt, to whoever took over Thierry Antinori's old job. Does anyone know who that person is?
He doesn't go to OS until 1st April.
Old Feb 10, 11, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
He doesn't go to OS until 1st April.
Ah, I thought he was already there. Well then, Mr. Antinori it is!
Old Feb 10, 11, 6:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Regardless of how often you send it or whom you send it, it all ends up in 'CURE' LH's customer relation tool. Actions will be taken irregardless, the customer feedback is just given some tags. If you would for example say someone stol your money or did something criminal, it gets delat with. If you complain about service, it gets added to the stats and if it happens often enough the person in charge has to give a statement to the management. Writing to a CEO doesn't change the system, as this would encourage everyone to write the CEO and the customer relation system goes for a toss.
Old Feb 10, 11, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Regardless of how often you send it or whom you send it, it all ends up in 'CURE' LH's customer relation tool.
Can't confirm this. Directors of Regional Sales or Station Managers do care about what's going on. In this case it would be Sao Paolo Office or Sao Paolo Station - or their Vice President.
Old Feb 10, 11, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Regardless of how often you send it or whom you send it, it all ends up in 'CURE' LH's customer relation tool. Actions will be taken irregardless, the customer feedback is just given some tags. If you would for example say someone stol your money or did something criminal, it gets delat with. If you complain about service, it gets added to the stats and if it happens often enough the person in charge has to give a statement to the management. Writing to a CEO doesn't change the system, as this would encourage everyone to write the CEO and the customer relation system goes for a toss.
This is why I didn't suggest writing to the CEO. It's Antinori's area, and writing to him might mean he (or more likely someone in his team) actually reads it before dropping it into the system. And maybe, just maybe, that someone might say "Hmm..." and look into it a little.
Old Feb 10, 11, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by alex0683de View Post
It's Antinori's area, and writing to him might mean he (or more likely someone in his team) actually reads it before dropping it into the system.
Why should Mr. Antinori be interested in complaining passengers, which arrive too late (and with overweight baggage) at check-in?
Old Feb 10, 11, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Originally Posted by rotanes View Post
Why should Mr. Antinori be interested in complaining passengers, which arrive too late (and with overweight baggage) at check-in?
But in case of 90min rule, passengers DID NOT arrived to late and the "overweight" issue WAS resolved. The question is: HOW it was solved

In my opinion, you fail to see the much, much larger picture....
Old Feb 10, 11, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mr.pliner View Post
But in case of 90min rule, passengers DID NOT arrived to late and the "overweight" issue WAS resolved. The question is: HOW it was solved
I think it will still be useful to establish if the 90 min rule should have applied in your case as SEN but it looks like vbroucek has already asked the question on your behalf.

As I posted earlier lufthansa.com's check-in information for CCS states the check-in deadline as 90 mins for Business/First in one place and 120 mins in other places (for online and mobile check-in). However the bag drop deadline is 90 mins. Since you had checked in already it's only the bag drop deadline that matters, but the website information is ambiguous.
Old Feb 10, 11, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
As I posted earlier lufthansa.com's check-in information for CCS states the check-in deadline as 90 mins for Business/First in one place and 120 mins in other places (for online and mobile check-in).
point is that at first it doesn't matter if *G enables you to C/F deadlines. OP was there within the 90min deadline but there was no personnel at the counters! FULL STOP!

i usually check deadlines if i don't know the airport, so me being HON i certainly wouldn't have showed up much before the 90min deadline, and then what!? no personnel at the counters at time is simply unacceptable. this goes hand in hand though with my experiences at CCS...

Search this Thread