This HAPPENED to me in CCS few hours ago! LH disaster!

Old Mar 1, 11, 5:54 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mr.pliner View Post
..Like I said before, I am REALLY impressed with the way the wrote the first response! So professionally written, yet, not single HINT of being sorry. They were sorry for me being sorry about them?!!
This is how I experience the good ol'LH ever since the Wolf's gang took over the shop. The crown of the temerity was when I was disserviced and left stranded in FRA together with a very belligerent SEN companion. When I wrote the complaint, not only did they hint at their innocence (weather, mech, customs) but also added that they would fight any legal claims...

Which again was a lie as they paid upon the small claims court decision.
..I want to stress the issue here, there were no people, no LH property, no signs, papers, line barriers... nothing at the CI desk. How is that possible, that they closed everything, cleaned up, packed things in multiple plastic boxes (and I've seen them doing it the next day and it took them a while) and left the counters? All THAT in 5 to 10 min range? Giving, that the entire continent is not in the hurry... ever....
Briefly: South America. We had a tight connection to a LAN flight on GRU. We still made it 25 mins to departure, the gate said "open", we did OLCI before... no one was there except for an employee who acted not to be related to LAN and only identified himself once I tried to open the door to the jetbridge whic after all said our flight number and "gate open".
He tersely explained to us that our OLCI was "not valid", the flight was checked full, and we missed the deadline. We pointed to the "gate open" sign. He said that there is no one who print us 'valid' boarding passes, switched the sign to "gate closed" and then made mad dash for his life .

LAN never accepted responsibility for the action, even though we took a picture of the "gate open".
Old Mar 6, 11, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Just as an update:

It's been two weeks since I sent my second complaint message... - nothing back so far.
I have mailed the letters, let's see who will reply first (if any)?

Next step, filing the complaint in court...
Old Mar 6, 11, 8:47 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
..I have mailed the letters, let's see who will reply first (if any)?...
To how many places did send that letter ???
Old Mar 7, 11, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero View Post
To how many places did send that letter ???
Two places. US/Americas center and Frankfurt, to the CEO. But I clearly understand, that: 1. Reality of the letter to Frankfurt to be processed, is 0.001 chance or maybe even 0.0001% and the Americas brunch is around 10 to 20%

I do not expect anything from that action... So, I'll just wait a bit and then go to court. And like I said, there was zero feedback to my second email, in response to their original "we are sorry, that you are sorry".

That's all...
Old Mar 7, 11, 3:20 pm

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Two places. US/Americas center and Frankfurt, to the CEO. But I clearly understand, that: 1. Reality of the letter to Frankfurt to be processed, is 0.001 chance or maybe even 0.0001% and the Americas brunch is around 10 to 20%

I do not expect anything from that action... So, I'll just wait a bit and then go to court. And like I said, there was zero feedback to my second email, in response to their original "we are sorry, that you are sorry".

That's all...
I very much doubt you will get more than that, without pursuing legal action.

I have received 2-3 responses like this:

"We cannot but regret that you were not satisfied..."

And yes, you're right, it sounds very insulting.
Old Apr 7, 11, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Ok, it's been a while since the LH CR/HR circus replied to me with even "better" offer! The SAME person, who continues to write me, even if I asked him to pass me to someone else, finally offers me.............. a WHOOPING 150 bucks !!! Wow! Thanx Elvis!

Do they have some kind of giveaway limits, based on the severity of the situation? Like: Ok, Bob here, is dealing with pax with mixed connections, so he is authorized to give out between 50 bucks and two 20 euro food vouchers! Jack, on the other hand, is dealing with angry SENs, so he is allowed to give up to a 100! (but must submit written report, based on how much he gave out).

WHERE do they get such numbers???

below is the "we, the people"...

p.s. when they talk about the 16:25 time, they are absolutely right. EXCEPT, that I was talking to them at THAT time, standing in the underground BUNKER, while looking for them for 15 min, since all CI counters were closed, empty and unmanned!!!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Dear Mr. Pliner,

Thank you very much for your Email dated 20 March.

Unfortunately it is not possible to forward your concern to another department, since we as the Customer Relations Department are instructed to handle these incidents.

Please be assured that we check every case carefully and take our decisions in accordance with the legal regulations of the carrier. Also in your case we have carefully checked the given facts.

You as our valued Senator Guest have, of course, the possibility to drop off you baggage at the Business Class check-in 90 minutes prior to departure when you have already
checked-in online before. According to your booking the departure time of your flight was 17.40 h local time. Our staff in Caracas recorded in your booking that you arrived at 16.25 h local time. At this point the check-in deadline had already passed and it was therefore not possible to accept you for travel, not even as goodwill. However, we are not able to retrace the events on 5 February in detail and have to rely on that our staff records everything correctly and acts in accordance with our regulations in these situations. As already stated in our last correspondence, your rebooking to the next day against paying a rebooking fee was only an act of goodwill, as normally in case of a now show the ticket of the passenger becomes invalid and a rebooking is not possible.

However, we can also understand your point of view and are aware of how unpleasant these incidents must have been for you, as you were sure of reaching the check-in counter in time.
Please be assured that we take your feedback in serious. We have, of course, documented your remarks for an internal review with the station management in Caracas.

It is very important to us that you remain our valued guests and we very much hope that you give us the chance to convince you of our service again. We have therefore decided to make a singular exception in your case and participate in the additional costs you incurred due to the rebooking with an amount of USD150. As we are unfortunately not able to transfer the mentioned amount to a Russian bank account, we kindly ask you to come to our Lufthansa Office in (omitted) which is situated at (omitted) Airport (omitted) in order to receive the above mentioned compensation. Our office is open from Monday till Friday from 12:00 pm till 07:30 pm. The first day on which our staff is able to pay out the reimbursement is 4 April. The payment will be made in (omitted) according to the current exchange rate. Please, show this letter to our colleagues in (omitted). Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Dear Mr. Pliner, as we are unfortunately not able to meet your whish for reimbursement in this case and as we aware that we will probably not meet your expectations in regard to the statement we pointed out in our last three Emails, we kindly ask for your understanding that this is our last reply. Nevertheless, it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back on board a Lufthansa flight again.

Yours sincerely,
__________________________________________________ ____
Christiane (omitted)
Customer Feedback Europe

Lufthansa German Airlines
Customer Feedback Europe
PO Box 1289
Liverpool L69 3AX
UK
E-mail: [email protected]

__________________________________________________ ________

So....what do you think? Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm preparing to go to court, but no idea how to start the procedure in the foreign country against Germany-registered company...
Old Apr 8, 11, 1:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
You as our valued Senator Guest have, of course, the possibility to drop off you baggage at the Business Class check-in 90 minutes prior to departure when you have already
checked-in online before.
Great that we cleared up that status overrides class of service with respect to cut-off times, at least if checked in online.

So....what do you think? Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm preparing to go to court, but no idea how to start the procedure in the foreign country against Germany-registered company...
LH admitted that OP was entitled to a 90 min cut-off time, but says that OP showed up only 75 mins before scheduled departure:

LH: Check-in 16:25, Dep. 17:40
OP: Check-in 16:00-16:05, Dep. 17:50

I am not sure if it makes sense to take this to court (consider the time and expense of doing so vs. the potential gain), but if OP chose to do so, I guess it would come down to OP's ability to prove to court that OP was indeed at the check-in counter 90 mins before departure.
Old Apr 8, 11, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ParisMoskau View Post
Great that we cleared up that status overrides class of service with respect to cut-off times, at least if checked in online.

LH admitted that OP was entitled to a 90 min cut-off time, but says that OP showed up only 75 mins before scheduled departure:

LH: Check-in 16:25, Dep. 17:40
OP: Check-in 16:00-16:05, Dep. 17:50

I am not sure if it makes sense to take this to court (consider the time and expense of doing so vs. the potential gain), but if OP chose to do so, I guess it would come down to OP's ability to prove to court that OP was indeed at the check-in counter 90 mins before departure.
In my original post, I wrote:

In a very calm manner (I understand, something is wrong and CI is closed, so I will not be rude or even pushy to people, on whom my "fate" depends on. Just want to clarify that), I tell the woman who just informed me that CI is closing 120 minutes prior to departure, that we have already checked in, show her SEN card and FTL card of my fiance. She says it is too late. She points to the wall clock, that READS: 16:19 or :20 or 16:21 (the clock is small).

So, what CCS staff is saying,is possibly true, BUT.... The conversation happens to be NOT at the counters. The actual conversation and arguing happens to be in the LH office, which is located underground, in the same building but relatively far from the CI descs.

-We were checked in on line (that's easy to prove)
-There were unmanned CI counters (they don't even argue with that AND I have a name of the employee, who told us (next day), that if everyone
checks in, they "close early and go home sometimes")!
-They did not do us a "favor" by rebooking us against 500 bucks, they were supposed to be at the CI counters when we arrived.

I feel, that now days you need to have a video camera permanently wired to your body and operating 24/7
Old Apr 8, 11, 5:01 am

Programs: QF (WP, LTG), LH (SEN** till 02/20), AB-G, AF, AA
Usual way. LH CR refuses all compensation - especially the ones they have to pay. The only solution is to get a lawyer to do it for you. The legal department knows the law much better. But you have to use a lawyer to sue them. If you have the right lawyer (who is known by the LH-Legal department) you will get a good amount of compensation after the first letter of the lawyer.

So in your case LH admitted that the 90 Min cut-off is valid for SEN. So you should be entitled a Denied Boarding Compensation.

Send me a PM, if you need a good lawyer in Germany.
Old Apr 8, 11, 8:46 am

I thought the reply from LH customer service was good. Afterall, there are notes in the booking that the passenger arrived to the office at a certain time (15 minutes after the check-in was officially meant to be closed), so to offer $150 seems generous. The agents in CCS could certainly have entered this incorrectly, but then it is a case of the passengers word against the agents. I don't see that a court would find in the passengers favour, even with the best lawyer.
Old Apr 8, 11, 9:35 am

Programs: QF (WP, LTG), LH (SEN** till 02/20), AB-G, AF, AA
Originally Posted by 8420PR View Post
I thought the reply from LH customer service was good. Afterall, there are notes in the booking that the passenger arrived to the office at a certain time (15 minutes after the check-in was officially meant to be closed), so to offer $150 seems generous. The agents in CCS could certainly have entered this incorrectly, but then it is a case of the passengers word against the agents. I don't see that a court would find in the passengers favour, even with the best lawyer.
Disagree. Sure they entered the wrong time. Just an easy case.
Old Apr 8, 11, 10:56 am
Original Poster

@ 8420PR. If you'd read the full story on page 4, you'd see the events unfolding minute by minute. I don't even argue, that they entered the time of 16:25 But they must have recorded that time while talking to me right? Right.

Now, when you arrive to the airport to check in, where do YOU go? To the CI counter or to the "almost impossible to find" office in the basement, that is hidden in the series of the maizes? I guess, the answer is obvious

So by time you GET to the actual office, spend some time banging on the door, try to convince them over PA to actually OPEN the door and then proceed to the actual situation, quite a FEW minutes WILL go by....

And on top of that, I DO have something up my sleeve to proof the timing... Therefore, when someone throw me 150 bucks to shut me up, AFTER so much time and energy was spent and inconvenience experienced, it DOES make me want to go to court!

I have never in my life, entered a legal battle, but it looks like it will be my first one. The money is NOT an issue here and now. The issue, is that you are first, treated like an idiot, then your intellect gets insulted and secondly, you get a letter like: "ok, ok, here is 150 bucks, just stop your whining"!
THAT is what upsets me!

Great weekend, everyone
Old Apr 8, 11, 11:26 am

Programs: lh sen spg plat ra plat hyatt dia
If Mr.Pliner can prove in a court that he was at least 90 minutes before departure time at the baggage dropp off he should consider to sue LH.

If he has no evidence he may take the 150 bucks and move on.
Old Apr 8, 11, 1:42 pm

I didn't mean to say that you weren't at the airport by the 90 minutes deadline, but that the CS agent has the notes in the booking (which say you weren't at the airport in time) to go from, and still offered the $150. That is why I thought the response was good, and it is clearly a goodwill gesture.

Why don't you share the evidence with lufthansa, and give them the chance to update their decision?

Personally I am interested, as I have the habit of arriving at the airport just in time (much to the annoyance of stress-prone friends and colleagues) and sooner or later something along these lines will happen to me!
Old Apr 8, 11, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

I didn't mean to say that you weren't at the airport by the 90 minutes deadline, but that the CS agent has the notes in the booking (which say you weren't at the airport in time) to go from, and still offered the $150. That is why I thought the response was good, and it is clearly a goodwill gesture.

Why don't you share the evidence with lufthansa, and give them the chance to update their decision?

Personally I am interested, as I have the habit of arriving at the airport just in time (much to the annoyance of stress-prone friends and colleagues) and sooner or later something along these lines will happen to me!
Yes, I understand you completely

Also, I can "share" the evidence with LH "per se". If it will come to the court battle, I know what to request, so that will place me in the certain time frame and will prove additional things. I am afraid to mention anything now, so no one will have any tampering ideas (yes, call me paranoid).

The thing is, IF I was completely wrong, I am SURE, that LH would have no problem saying "thank you and GOOD BUY".

I won't give up that easily....

p.s. could you actually picture an agent in Venezuela, who would take a note/write correct time, and write that the two passengers DID show up on time, but "we were not around and while in the office, we didn't feel like getting from our chairs and walking all the way up, so we can check the PAX's luggage, since they were already checked in via internet"!

Last edited by VictorXray; Apr 8, 11 at 4:46 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: