Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgruntled HON Members [Skoda Superb for FCT? and other discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
When I first saw the thread title (before it was edited) I thought a long-lost very unhappy HON Circle member has at last come back to post in the M&M forum!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by BelperFlyer
I was being mischevious
Sorry - but is your point - some unsubstantiated pointers just for the fun of it.
It is really sad to see the decline of the quality of posts here on FT over the past years.

Sorry I fail to see the funny aspects in your post

Cheers

Thomas
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by tcswede
It is really sad to see the decline of the quality of posts here on FT over the past years.
Perhaps this decline and elitist approach of some memebers is one of the reasons for resignation of Gary Leff from the FT and rumoured return of Randy Petersen to travel community space with something new (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...om+the+Wing%29).
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

unfortunately this seems to be a consensus throughout frequent flyer forums, english and german speaking...

with the genuine exceptions, but they seem to fade...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Perhaps this decline and elitist approach of some memebers is one of the reasons for resignation of Gary Leff from the FT and...
like!?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
As long as the car is practical, economical and comfortable for its intended use, I couldn't care less about the brand or model.

I'd rather worry about the brand and model of the aircraft I'm going to spend up to 12 hours in than about a car I'm using for 5 minutes.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Perhaps this decline and elitist approach of some memebers is one of the reasons for resignation of Gary Leff from the FT and rumoured return of Randy Petersen to travel community space with something new (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...om+the+Wing%29).
Since the very same core audience frequents both the new and the old place, nothing is going to change in this respect. Same people, same attitude, same stupidity, same ingenuity. After all, I should know, shouldn't I?
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
As long as the car is practical, economical and comfortable for its intended use, I couldn't care less about the brand or model.

I'd rather worry about the brand and model of the aircraft I'm going to spend up to 12 hours in than about a car I'm using for 5 minutes.
+1
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by sentom
like!?
You do not expect me to name the names, do you? Or give real examples? Well, I'll give you one - I am aware of case where new member was chastised for posting something deemed "OT" by one of the moderators and few days later, I had to alert the same moderator to the fact, that his own comment (on something else) could be interpreted as racist... This was not on M&M!!!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The topic itself is interesting but the thread title "Disgruntled HON Members" is gratuitous and inappropriate if I may say so.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Sorry - but is your point - some unsubstantiated pointers just for the fun of it.
It is really sad to see the decline of the quality of posts here on FT over the past years..
To some degree they follow the FFP and the airline quality.

But there is also no way, the regulars here could be satisfied even remotely. The "highest quality" posts would trigger the biggest outcry in our inbred community.

Examples are true maximiser strategies and tricks, loopholes, system flaws. The grander and more genuine they are the harsher the reaction here would be.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by rathin100
Yeah sure HON circle members are not salesforce (apologies if you were being ironical, btw .

Does your CEO use one?

The OP has a point!!
This is laughable. Are you guys serious?

Skoda Superb is the same as an Audi A6 just with a different badge on it.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this thread has rapidly turned into anything but Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners) I'm closing this thread.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum

PS: there is a fine line between mischievous and trolling, the latter being a big no no of FT.@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.