Wiki Posts
Search

Fly One-Way on Round-Trip ticket Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HHonors
Fly One-Way on Round-Trip ticket Advice

We are planning a trip to Munich in the fall and have already booked our flights through United on Lufthansa flights. We are planning on visiting Prague while we are there and will take a train to Prague but will to fly back to Munich. This flight is also on Lufthansa and we would be flying the one-way from PRG on Friday and then going home to LAX the next day, Saturday, on a Lufthansa flight.

Here’s the dilemma a one-way flight from PRG to MUC is $900, a Round-Trip $265. (And, since there are two of us the prices are really $1800 vs. $530.) Can the airline figure this out and not let us on our flight home because they know we will not be taking the flight back? Or because we missed our flight back to PRG – depending on what return flight we book.

I've read other posts that just say fly one-way and throw the other ticket away, just not sure what to do.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arbrod13
Here’s the dilemma a one-way flight from PRG to MUC is $900, a Round-Trip $265. (And, since there are two of us the prices are really $1800 vs. $530.) Can the airline figure this out and not let us on our flight home because they know we will not be taking the flight back? Or because we missed our flight back to PRG – depending on what return flight we book.

I've read other posts that just say fly one-way and throw the other ticket away, just not sure what to do.
First off, since it's a separate booking it would not matter. You could book the return to be at a later date than your flight back to the states, if it makes you feel better.

Second: Yes, book a round trip and throw away the return.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:23 am

pssssst. If you do not do this too often, it shouldn't be a problem
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HHonors
Thank you!

I was thinking of booking the return flight after our flight home. I don't get to take fun trips like this often enough to worry about having doing this again anytime soon.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:18 pm

Actually when you but the ticket in Germany this is perfectly ok not to use the return. Just book on a german website - PM me if you need help.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can also book PRG-MUC(-MXP) with a 23h layover in MUC for 268$ in the K (KNC98OW) fare. The adavntage here is that you earn full miles with united (no miles earnt on E/L/T fares).

If you have luggage to check its no problem to short check it to MUC since you have a 23h layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.