What is a reasonable response time for a LH complaint?

Old Jan 25, 11, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Voyager
What is a reasonable response time for a LH complaint?

Hi all

Without going into too much detail, I complained via the Lufthansa website regarding luggage being broken into and personal items being stolen.

I submitted the complaint 2 weeks ago and got an automated response. After a week of no feedback I forwarded the complaint via email to the local LH Customer Service Office in CPT where I also got an automated response. This was a week ago.

I have not heard from any party since. What is a reasonable turnaround time to be expected before I escalate matters further?

If it helps (or doesn't help in my case!), I hold no status with M&M or *A.
Old Jan 25, 11, 2:55 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Write to their central baggage office in Frankfurt: [email protected] - perhaps you will get a faster response there. I'd give you their number, but its a sheer waste of time as they never pick up and there is no way to leave a message...
Old Jan 25, 11, 6:10 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Complaints through the website go through a lengthy (but normally thorough) procedure and are taken quite seriously. If you don't hear anything in the next two weeks I would crank up the heat.
Old Jan 25, 11, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
normaly 1-2 weeks, but at the moment it seems they have a lot to do after the snow problems around christmas. I am now waiting 3 weeks for a complainment...
Old Jan 25, 11, 8:09 am

Programs: CO, LH, B6, AA, DL, US, UA
Hi everyone,

I've seen a few posts asking about the response time from Customer Relations and I just wanted to interject that yes, we have an insane volume right now and yes, it is taking much longer than normal to respond. Ironically a lot of the volume is follow-ups and dupes from claims already submitted so it's kind of a catch-22 sometimes...

We really are doing our best, we have extra staff and people are working overtime. FRA also gave us some tips how we can handle those claims faster but we are only human and there really are a lot of claims (this includes Refunds too so response time for those is also increased).

Having 13 years in with LH I have never seen volume like this except maybe after Ash Week last year. Now I have some claims to go handle

Thanks for your patience with us!
Michelle

-------
these opinions are mine alone and not an official statement by any airline or employer.
Old Jan 26, 11, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH is switching to the same mail response system that we use and at a recent brainstorming event the software provider had in HAM the LH rep said they got 250k CURE tickets a day during the winter chaos in December 2010, 60% of which was a follow up on the previous communication. If you just write, email or phone, they have to piece the the case together which takes a while. If you use the online contact form it makes it easier to tag and associate the question and process it faster
Old Jan 26, 11, 4:18 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
LH is switching to the same mail response system that we use and at a recent brainstorming event the software provider had in HAM the LH rep said they got 250k CURE tickets a day
What is a "CURE ticket"?
Old Jan 26, 11, 4:34 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by chellenyc View Post
Hi everyone,

I've seen a few posts asking about the response time from Customer Relations and I just wanted to interject that yes, we have an insane volume right now and yes, it is taking much longer than normal to respond. Ironically a lot of the volume is follow-ups and dupes from claims already submitted so it's kind of a catch-22 sometimes...

We really are doing our best, we have extra staff and people are working overtime. FRA also gave us some tips how we can handle those claims faster but we are only human and there really are a lot of claims (this includes Refunds too so response time for those is also increased).

Having 13 years in with LH I have never seen volume like this except maybe after Ash Week last year. Now I have some claims to go handle

Thanks for your patience with us!
Michelle

-------
these opinions are mine alone and not an official statement by any airline or employer.
As always, thanks for your insights Michelle!

Originally Posted by TPA us ff View Post
What is a "CURE ticket"?
A ticket raised in the Customer Relations system. Every ticket represents one customer issue.
Old Jan 26, 11, 4:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
CUstomer RElations

A support ticket is the datapoint registered in any customer relation system when you have a contact as a customer with them, be it phone, fax, letter, email, smoke signal, etc. The point of contact tries to assign the reason why you called, who you are what you wanted ... etc An example of what LH tries to capture is shown in the complaints and compliments form: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedb...dbackType=FBCA

The tickets are then responded to and later analysed. Before the response is prepared, the person dealing with your ticket investigates if you submitted the same question before and needs to read up what was said before on the same topic.
Old Jan 26, 11, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
CUstomer RElations

A support ticket is the datapoint registered in any customer relation system when you have a contact as a customer with them, be it phone, fax, letter, email, smoke signal, etc. The point of contact tries to assign the reason why you called, who you are what you wanted ... etc An example of what LH tries to capture is shown in the complaints and compliments form: http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Feedb...dbackType=FBCA
How do they handle it, if a complaint is about several different topics like boarding, lounges, baggage, flight cancelation etc? Thats the reason I do not like these online forms, they often do not fit...
Old Jan 26, 11, 10:44 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, Avianca Diamond, HH Silver, (OtherhalfGold), IHG Gold
I have been waiting for 5 weeks so far in respect of a snow claim made on line; and not had anything yet....
Old Jan 26, 11, 11:25 am

Programs: QR P, LH Proud to be a one Star Negative Blue, Hilton Gold, GHA Black, WOH something
simon,

you're not the only one, I sent a letter almost 2 months ago now, asking for some reimbursement and yet to this day still waiting for a reply.

synd
Old Jan 26, 11, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by synd View Post
I sent a letter almost 2 months ago now, asking for some reimbursement and yet to this day still waiting for a reply.
ohh I think I have to wait a long time for my money...
Old Jan 26, 11, 7:21 pm

LH is switching to the same mail response system that we use
Sorry for the questions but ...who is "we", are you an LH subsidiary employee?

Your responses seem to suggest an authoritative and representative capacity of LH and keen on promoting their policies, procedures, etc,.

Thanks for clarifying and I really enjoy your posts!

Last edited by TPA us ff; Jan 26, 11 at 7:26 pm
Old Jan 26, 11, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by simonsmith View Post
I have been waiting for 5 weeks so far in respect of a snow claim made on line; and not had anything yet....
Don't feel so bad...I requested a contact from the LH legal department 6 weeks ago. No answer. I guess they're not on the tauted CURE system either! But, good luck with your claim.

Last edited by TPA us ff; Jan 26, 11 at 8:20 pm

Search this Thread