Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

*G v C; Sen v Biz Lounges

What are the differences between the Senator and Business Lounges in:

JFK
FRA (4.5 hrs to kill)
ZRH

*G and flying in C - does it matter which one I go to?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gsforfree

JFK
FRA (4.5 hrs to kill)
ZRH

Frankfurt sucks for both SEN and C lounges... There is supposed to be a bit more food choice (like miso soup, or cooked pasta) in the Senator lounges, but usually they are so overcrowded it makes more sense to try to find a free seat in the C lounge. A few times I found C lounges to be less crowded than SEN at FRA.

Haven't been in C Lounge in ZRH, but SEN is nice and cosy, and not too crowded. What really amazes me is that it's so QUIET. Really relaxing. And they have a huge Nespresso machine, so you can have a proper cup of coffee, which I greatly appreciate.

Internet access is paid at both, T-Mobile at FRA, Swisscom at ZRH. At ZRH they occasionally distribute vouchers for Internet access (I have no idea under what conditions - my company uses iPass, so I don't bother).

At ZRH, there is a rather large area (compared to the lounge size) with proper desks (actually looks a bit like cubicles ) with network cables, so if you need to do a bit of work, that's a good option.

Oh, yeah, there's also a big smoking area in ZRH lounge.

FRA has some sleeping/rest facilities, I'm not aware of any at ZRH.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN only nowadays, AF & AY basic. Radisson Blu fan :-)
FRA/ZRH: food choices and space (*G/SEN is usually MORE crowded)
JFK: I happily avoid that airport :-)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
JFK Lounge is very nice!
FRA can get really crowded ... Pesky *G pax !
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:45 pm

ZRH C has a bit more space than the SEN lounge.
Food choice bigger at the SEN lounge.
SEN lounge is on 2 levels (ground an level 1) as C lounge is all on level 1.
On level 2 you have a bar (smoking area).
Showers are in the C lounge.
Both lounges have an internet corner with PCs you can use for internet acces in case you travel without a laptop.
Both lounges can be crowded at times, but get empty pretty fast when the bunches of flights leave ZRH around 12.00-13.00 h or 16.00-17.00 h.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 9:54 pm
TKG

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Star Alliance Gold
Just ask at reception for the vouchers. They're good for one hour's access for one device. But this isn't a problem, as it's possible to get several vouchers at a time.

Originally Posted by hdogan
Internet access is paid at both, T-Mobile at FRA, Swisscom at ZRH. At ZRH they occasionally distribute vouchers for Internet access (I have no idea under what conditions - my company uses iPass, so I don't bother).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Frankfurt sucks for both SEN and C lounges... . but usually they are so overcrowded it makes more sense to try to find a free seat in the C lounge.
^

Yesterday evening 07:00 PM SEN AND C lounge:
You could neither walk nor stand somewhere and had the feeling beeing in the Tokyo metro during peak hours.

Lounges to small or too many SEN's
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geilux
Lounges to small...
Yes
...or too many SEN's
no, too many *Gs.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

FRA has some sleeping/rest facilities, I'm not aware of any at ZRH.
Are the FRA sleeping facilities scattered about the lounges? I did not see a "daybed" description on the LH site, but I may have missed it.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Are the FRA sleeping facilities scattered about the lounges?
I must say that I have managed to avoid FRA well enough to totally lose track of the exact facilities and lounges, so can't be of much help there
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:02 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Are the FRA sleeping facilities scattered about the lounges? I did not see a "daybed" description on the LH site, but I may have missed it.
They are not "daybeds" but there are reclining chairs in the Welcome Lounge as well as in the non-Schengen SEN lounge (Concourse B).
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:43 pm

In the Bus lounge in B there are beds. Turn right when you enter, go past the toilet facilities until the lounge opens up. Walk along the wall to the window (the beige reclining seats are to your right). To your left there is an open doorway. There are day beds in there.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
They are not "daybeds" but there are reclining chairs in the Welcome Lounge as well as in the non-Schengen SEN lounge (Concourse B).
There are also reclining chairs in the FTL lounges or at least in the one I have been to lately in Concourse B because of its vicinity to the gate. I did not use it but from what I could observe they seem to be absolutely suitable for a nap.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:07 am
Suspended

JFK
FRA (4.5 hrs to kill)
ZRH

The Senator lounge at JFK is lovely, I would think one of the best in the LH system and certainly comparable to some other airlines first class lounges. Some time ago I posed pictures in a lounge report which can be found in the LH forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.