LH vs BD in C LHR-MXP

Old Jan 20, 11, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Location: Either below the Ockham stack or below the approach to SDKY
Programs: UA 1MM/*G. AA EXP for 1 more year. Then, who knows?
LH vs BD in C LHR-MXP

I'm quite tempted by the 235 r/t fare LHR-MXP with LH Italia. When choosing my flights, is there any difference at all in food and drink between the departures that are operated by LH and the ones operated by BD?
Old Jan 20, 11, 11:58 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag View Post
I'm quite tempted by the 235 r/t fare LHR-MXP with LH Italia. When choosing my flights, is there any difference at all in food and drink between the departures that are operated by LH and the ones operated by BD?
I believe they are all operated as LH flights with LH catering, though some are on BD aircraft and others on LH aircraft. On lh.com those operated by BD are marked as such.
Old Jan 20, 11, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
In the LH planes they serve espresso coffee. I am not sure about the ones operated by BD.
Old Jan 20, 11, 12:44 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox View Post
In the LH planes they serve espresso coffee. I am not sure about the ones operated by BD.
Aha... I knew there was some subtle difference.

This thread is worth checking.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post15432588
Old Jan 21, 11, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Aha... I knew there was some subtle difference.

This thread is worth checking.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post15432588
On the BD operated flight I was on there was indeed LH catering but no coffee at all (no water onboard, problems...)

Pretty unpleasant flight and worst J short haul flight I had in ages. AZ far better (I'm not joking..)

To make matters worse my miles didn't post and they want me to send a copy of my BP which I obviously don't have

Not impressed -> back I go to AZ / BA. Would definately fly on LHI metal, my flight in Y a few months back on LHI was much better. Problem is leasing routes out to BD will just lose them business. Mine at least
Old Jan 21, 11, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Note that the lounge in MXP is the "normal" PP pass lounge unless you stay in schengen area and access LH lounge.

235 is cheap but I wouldn't pay much more

Search this Thread