Lufthansa alcohol policy

Old Jan 20, 11, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa alcohol policy

im going to new delhi tomorrow from SFO, and i was wondering what is the alcohol policy on lufthansa airlines? im going from SFO to munich and then munich to new delhi, is there a limit to how many drinks a person can have onthe plane? or do they startcharging you after a certain amount of drinks? thankss
Old Jan 20, 11, 2:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Welcome to FT!

No LH will let you drink as much as you want till they estimate you had enough. No charge for anything.

That said you might want to take it easy as excessive drinking may smoothen the edges on longhaul travel while you are travelling, but makes jetlag worse. But who am I to lecture
Old Jan 20, 11, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
One of my coworkers got cut off recently on a MUC-NRT Y flight.... but he did have 4 beers and 7 (small) bottles of wine ...

"Perhaps you should drink some water from now on" .

I was surprised to hear that they served him so many bottles of wine in Y in the first place.
Old Jan 20, 11, 3:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Some years ago an F pax sitting next to me was asked by the captain to either shut up and not demand any more champagne or get of the plane. He decided for the former but with showing a nice DYKWIA attitude before
Old Jan 20, 11, 4:25 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rambuster View Post
One of my coworkers got cut off recently on a MUC-NRT Y flight.... but he did have 4 beers and 7 (small) bottles of wine ...
How do you guys do this ?

I try very hard and get scolded by the trolley dollies ... but I never succeed in getting more than 3-4 soft drinks on any longhaul flight. Unless I am on SQ and keep pushing the 'emergency' button.
Old Jan 20, 11, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero View Post

I try very hard and get scolded by the trolley dollies ... but I never succeed in getting more than 3-4 soft drinks on any longhaul flight. Unless I am on SQ and keep pushing the 'emergency' button.
No idea how he got all those bottles of wine. I think he kept going back to the galley and asked a different FA everytime.
Old Jan 20, 11, 4:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by totti View Post
Some years ago an F pax sitting next to me was asked by the captain to either shut up and not demand any more champagne or get of the plane. He decided for the former but with showing a nice DYKWIA attitude before
Did the captain threaten an emergency diversion? That would have been expensive.

No idea how he got all those bottles of wine. I think he kept going back to the galley and asked a different FA everytime.
If your guy remembered how many bottles of wine he had he couldn't have been that drunk?
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:33 am

Programs: price is a king

"Perhaps you should drink some water from now on" .

I was surprised to hear that they served him so many bottles of wine in Y in the first place.
+1

(In Y) I used to empty lots of bottles few years ago and I was denied only once after drinking whole Campari bottle (very bad business day). Now I try to limit that, and only take 1-2 wines at TATL to digest "chickenorpasta" meal. Trust me - water is MUCH better for you. But yes, alcohol is much nicer.

Yes, you have to chase them, but they will not refuse unless you're really drunk or misbehaving already.

mfk
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:37 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
I have to say it can be quite disturbing if neighbouring passengers get drunk during a flight. Fortunately I never had bad experiences onboard LH.
I appreciate when FA's keep an eye on their "edgies".
I'd be happy to enjoy some wine for dinner or cognac afterwards myself but never beyound "normal" levels.

Last edited by Longlegs; Jan 20, 11 at 6:40 am
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Drinking and Flying in general are quite a bad mix.
Old Jan 20, 11, 5:52 am

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
Flight Attendants are usually very generous with offering alcohol to ensure that people are getting sleepy... In general, there is too much focus on alcoholic drinks anyway and I am missing more interesting options for people who just want to stick to 'soft' drinks...
Old Jan 20, 11, 6:03 am

Programs: LH M+M (dropped to blue since hardly flying with them anymore), EY Guest Silver
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG View Post
Drinking and Flying in general are quite a bad mix.
Especially when you are the pilot in command
Old Jan 20, 11, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Flight Attendants are usually very generous with offering alcohol to ensure that people are getting sleepy... In general, there is too much focus on alcoholic drinks anyway and I am missing more interesting options for people who just want to stick to 'soft' drinks...
They like to turn up the heat too in order to make people sleepy.
This however makes jet lag even worse.
Old Jan 20, 11, 6:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by weero View Post

We don't have the weero flag on our manifests.

With SQ, I've never had any problems getting as many soft or hard drinks as I wanted and not exactly much of a problem with LH/LX either.
Old Jan 20, 11, 6:33 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
We can't win cricket but I think David Boon's record of 54 cans of beer between SYD and LHR still stands.

Search this Thread