Seatmap for LH AIRail FRA-QKL

Old Jan 16, 11, 5:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 205
Seatmap for LH AIRail FRA-QKL

Does anybody have that seatmap incl. information about seat direction and where the tables are? Deutsche Bahn used to publish their seatmaps in their "Elektronisches Kursbuch" (database with all their train schedules) but I cannot find them there anymore.

Thank you very much!!

Have safe travels

Primenumber
Primenumber is offline  
Old Jan 17, 11, 4:47 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, CGN
Programs: LH-SEN
Posts: 943
I believe rows 33 and 34 (on LH.com) have a table between them. I am pretty sure that seats 55 and 56 (on DB) are on a table and correspond to seats 33A (window) and 33B (aisle) on the LH seatmap. On FRA-QKL, coach 21 is usually at the end, thus the direction of travel is towards the bottom of the seat map as it appears on LH.com
econprof is offline  
Old Jan 18, 11, 3:14 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: PRG
Programs: M&M SEN, AZ Gold, AAdvantage; IHG Gold
Posts: 369
So there is a dedicated coach for LH-flyers?
NightFly is offline  
Old Jan 18, 11, 3:40 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, CGN
Programs: LH-SEN
Posts: 943
About 1/2 to 2/3 of one coach.
econprof is offline  
Old Jan 19, 11, 3:16 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 205
Originally Posted by econprof View Post
I believe rows 33 and 34 (on LH.com) have a table between them. I am pretty sure that seats 55 and 56 (on DB) are on a table and correspond to seats 33A (window) and 33B (aisle) on the LH seatmap. On FRA-QKL, coach 21 is usually at the end, thus the direction of travel is towards the bottom of the seat map as it appears on LH.com
Thank you very much , that is what I remember as well. I like the seats with table and I like to face the direction of travel, so I will book accordingly.

It would be great if somebody would still have the Deutsche Bahn seatmaps, we could attach them to Oliver's seating thread and people could more easily find them. Oliver, maybe you want to add a "AIRail" section to that thread?

Have safe travels

Primenumber
Primenumber is offline  
Old Jan 20, 11, 7:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TXL
Programs: Sixt Diamond
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Primenumber View Post
It would be great if somebody would still have the Deutsche Bahn seatmaps, we could attach them to Oliver's seating thread and people could more easily find them. Oliver, maybe you want to add a "AIRail" section to that thread?
Here you go: http://kursbuch.bahn.de/hafas-res/im...en_2010_v2.pdf - the layout of the ICE3 used on QKL-FRA is on pages 4 and 5.
Zaphod is offline  
Old Jun 5, 11, 4:12 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA MP
Posts: 177
Traveling FRA-QKL and reverse (booked in Z). Pulling up the seatmap on United, this is all I see.



Can I call LH to reserve seats or does it not work that way?
crazeinc is offline  
Old Jun 6, 11, 5:07 am
  #8  
gum
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern Bavaria, Germany
Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Posts: 1,512
Cecluded compartment in coach 21

Originally Posted by crazeinc View Post
Traveling FRA-QKL and reverse (booked in Z). Pulling up the seatmap on United, this is all I see.


Can I call LH to reserve seats or does it not work that way?
This seat map is completely right. Since an *enhancement* all Air Rail seats are located within one train coach. Before that they have been located in the First Class part of the train for all First Class/Business Class guests and in one second class coach. As some posters stated this is now car 21 which on "non Air Rail flights" is second class.

However the Business Class seats offer a bit more privacy and comfort due to the fact that the ICE3 has been redesigned with more seats in every car except this small compartment at the end of the coach. This remained with the old seating. In normal ICE trains this can be reserved at 2nd class fare with option "Panorama/Lounge".

So you get DB seats with Air Rail service but within a secluded environment. Seats are all the same.

Hope this helps.
gum is offline  
Old Jun 6, 11, 5:47 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: EDKA, STR, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Posts: 943
Originally Posted by gum View Post

Seats are all the same.
Not exactly the same. As the "Lounge" compartment at the end of the train features "stadium seating" (the second and third row sit on a podium which is about 10cm high), there are no footrests and no seat pocket, the first row doesn't even have a fold-down table but a knee-high shelf space above a box where the driver's time tables are stored).

By the way, the FRA-ZWS AirRail route still features first class seating for C/F passengers (coach 12). There, you may choose any seat that's available, the "FA" usually runs through the entire coach, asking every single passenger whether they are LH passengers (at least in the IC connection leaving FRA at 9:20).
bruce80 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 11, 6:21 am
  #10  
gum
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southern Bavaria, Germany
Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Posts: 1,512
Just want to agree...

Originally Posted by bruce80 View Post
Not exactly the same. As the "Lounge" compartment at the end of the train features "stadium seating" (the second and third row sit on a podium which is about 10cm high), there are no footrests and no seat pocket, the first row doesn't even have a fold-down table but a knee-high shelf space above a box where the driver's time tables are stored).
Just want to agree. But for the one hour "flight" all of these seats are ok. I should have written "all seats are ok and nearly the same".

As the have the greater seat pitch which made ICE´s 2nd class a great experience since the *enhancement*.
gum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread