Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Since you don’t have a connection, a missed flight would mean buying a new ticket.
...Would potentially mean....
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
...Would potentially mean....
On separate tickets the assumption has to be to open up wallet. If one is lucky and finds a caring agent or is otherwise fortunate, that is super. But you cannot rely on that.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by LondonElite
On separate tickets the assumption has to be to open up wallet. If one is lucky and finds a caring agent or is otherwise fortunate, that is super. But you cannot rely on that.
agreed

....Would probably mean....
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Thank you both, for your quick replies!

We'll be traveling with one checked luggage each and it doesn't sound like there's any "fast track" for people transiting on a different PNR. One of us *A Silver, but I don't imagine that will do much.

I'll look into the options for changing our ticket, either now or the day before departure, and decide if it's better to wait or change it now.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by YEGcg

We'll be traveling with one checked luggage each and it doesn't sound like there's any "fast track" for people transiting on a different PNR. One of us *A Silver, but I don't imagine that will do much.

I'll look into the options for changing our ticket, either now or the day before departure, and decide if it's better to wait or change it now.
There is no fast track for transit immigration/security. If you are on a single PNR and inbound flight is late they might give you an express card so you will be prioritized for Immigration/Security - otherwise you are on your own. *A Gold Track is only for departing passengers. It might be faster to go via arrivals and use Gold Track. Did it 3 weeks ago. Saved me good 15 minutes or so.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by YEGcg

No immigration fast track.

You will probably have to collect and recheck your bag. Checkin for the 2nd flight will close around 45 minutes before scheduled departure. This seriously reduces any flexibility to handle a delay to the inbound.

Not saying you will not make it, but with a checked bag this woild be on the side of too tight for me.

*silver and above can use fast track security after the bags have been rechecked
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
*silver and above can use fast track security after the bags have been rechecked
Only if your silver card is listed here, which basically means: Miles&More FTL, though you could probably try to argue that e.g. EuroBonus Silver is a "Star Alliance Frequent Traveller Card" (point 1.40 on page 15 is titled that way, but shows a silver Jet Friends card), but YMMV.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by marcoos
Only if your silver card is listed here, which basically means: Miles&More FTL, though you could probably try to argue that e.g. EuroBonus Silver is a "Star Alliance Frequent Traveller Card" (point 1.40 on page 15 is titled that way, but shows a silver Jet Friends card), but YMMV.
That list has a few mistakes, e.g. BA should have both Silver and Gold card listed... has two Gold cards instead.

Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Of course the list has mistakes, I even listed one But that's the official document of the WAW airport authority.

We're talking Star Alliance Silver here, though, so BA status is not relevant to YEGcg's question.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:19 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
It is an automatic gate. B/Pass scan is required. If the gate does not open, I guess you will be asked to purchase a vouher at the machine located nearby or use the regular line.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:15 am

As a point of reference, I connected today lhr-waw-krk

I am a European passport holder

I used the eGates at passport control, transit security was empty, i was in the schengen lounge 20 minutes after landing, maybe 10 minute or less after leaving to aircraft.

It is possible to check the length of q at transit security and decide if would prefer to go landside
TPJ and megaloman like this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:23 am

LOT short connection experiences

Dear FlyerTalk,

Happy New Year ))

I will be flying LOT for the first time, from Gdańsk to Katowice (via Warsaw) on one ticket. The options are either a 30min or a 3hr20min connection. I have 1x standard suitcase to check-in.

Does anyone here have any experience with short connections at WAW such as this? Does check-in luggage generally make these connections?

With thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:53 am

Hi,

hard to say, but they should be able to do it in this time spin.
I had few flights last year (5-8, do not remember exact number) over WAW with similar layover time and only once my luggage was delayed. Came with next flight thou, so no big issue if you stay close to airport to get it delivered quickly.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:36 am

Dear nu26,

Thank you kindly for your post. It helps me a lot to hear from the experiences of other people.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:53 am

+1. 30 min connection should be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.