Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Warsaw [WAW]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:56 pm

Even if you get an apron position and need a bus to terminal it still should take you to the central location withing a stone's throw from the new gate.
No reason for any additional security coming from AMS.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have a similar connection. Two tickets WAW-AMS-China-AMS-WAW/WAW-AMS-China-AMS-WAW. The plane that brings me in AMS-WAW takes me back to AMS so no worries about misconnecting, but want to make sure it doesn't dump me into non-secure area upon deplaning. Going to try and print my boarding pass in
advance but just in case hoping I can get it at the gate. Thoughts?
If statistics mean anything to you: I flew thousands of AMS/CDG-WAW flights since the late 90s and never parked at a remote stand. You’ll most likely arrive at gate 26/30, off the plane, quick drink at the nearby lounge (Fantazja) and back on the plane.

G
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:52 am

Hi, I've just booked LHR-WAW-ODS (so non-schegnen to non-schengen) with a 40 min connection time, on a single ticket on LOT.

From reading this thread I understand this will be fine provided the first flight is on time as no passport control, no security check, bags checked through. But I'm a bit concerned looking at the history of the LHR-WAW flight: due to arrive 13:55 but over the last 10 days there've been several late flights with 2 not landing till 14:34/14:35 and the WAW-ODS flight departure time is 14:35. And there is no later flight that day to ODS.

What happens in these circumstances? Will the WAW-ODS flight be delayed if there are transfer passengers on a delayed incoming flight? Or will LOT put me up in a hotel in Warsaw and a flight the next day?

TIA
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:28 am

If you miss your flight LO and the only alternative is a flight on the next day then yes, you'll get hotel accommodation (provided you can enter the Schengen area of course).
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by zingy
Hi, I've just booked LHR-WAW-ODS (so non-schegnen to non-schengen) with a 40 min connection time, on a single ticket on LOT.

From reading this thread I understand this will be fine provided the first flight is on time as no passport control, no security check, bags checked through. But I'm a bit concerned looking at the history of the LHR-WAW flight: due to arrive 13:55 but over the last 10 days there've been several late flights with 2 not landing till 14:34/14:35 and the WAW-ODS flight departure time is 14:35. And there is no later flight that day to ODS.

What happens in these circumstances? Will the WAW-ODS flight be delayed if there are transfer passengers on a delayed incoming flight? Or will LOT put me up in a hotel in Warsaw and a flight the next day?

TIA
LOT is quite good at handling delays/connections at their main hub, meaning that you will have a decent chance of making it to Odessa even with a 30-minute's delay arriving in Warsaw. In the worst case scenario, a quick visit to the LOT desk next to gate 26/ING internet point, a short taxi ride and a night at the Sound Garden Hotel.

G
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:46 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
a short taxi ride and a night at the Sound Garden Hotel.

G
You should get a taxi voucher to get to the hotel. To the airport they tell you to take a hotel shuttle (assuming Sound Garden has one - it is a new hotel, so I am not sure). Last time I was given Airport Hotel Okecie - at check in they gave me a dinner voucher - if memory serves it was an open buffet. When they learned I am leaving too early for breakfast they insisted to give me a pre-packaged breakfast bag. Room was OK.
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
You should get a taxi voucher to get to the hotel.
They normally give 2 vouchers (there & back) valid only on Ele Taxi.

G
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:30 am

Thanks guys. Do they also compensate for anything I've pre-booked in Odessa but missed due to the delay? I haven't booked anything yet but might do.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:48 am

That's what travel insurance and flexible bookings are for.

Airline's compensations are capped by EU261/04 at appropriate levels for good and bad.
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
a short taxi ride and a night at the Sound Garden Hotel.
Usually, LOT puts passengers affected by irregularities at the Courtyard Marriott, just opposite the terminal. So no taxi ride, just crossing the street (it's easier if you take the escalator to the departures level first).
zingy likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by marcoos
Usually, LOT puts passengers affected by irregularities at the Courtyard Marriott, just opposite the terminal. So no taxi ride, just crossing the street (it's easier if you take the escalator to the departures level first).
You may want to replace the usually with rarely. I once indeed stayed at the Courtyard (for the records, it was nearly 1 in the morning and after a diverted flight), however while chatting to one of the ladies at the transfer desk [on a different occasion], it appears that Hotel Puławska, Airport Hotel Okęcie (as also mentioned by my good mate @TPJ), Sound Garden & Novotel (Żwirki i Wigury) are all featuring amongst LOT’s favourite properties for disgruntled passengers (incidentally, they are not bad hotels either).

G
zingy likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:54 am

Well my flight landed 15 mins late, took a long time deboarding, then onto a bus which took ages to load and set off. Turned left for non Schengen connections, quickly through security, but a fair walk to the gate for the Odessa flight. Got there just too late, gate closed, so now in the Sangate hotel...Odessa tomorrow...
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by zingy
Well my flight landed 15 mins late, took a long time deboarding, then onto a bus which took ages to load and set off. Turned left for non Schengen connections, quickly through security, but a fair walk to the gate for the Odessa flight. Got there just too late, gate closed, so now in the Sangate hotel...Odessa tomorrow...
Very unfortunate, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope there’s no disruption tomorrow, enjoy Odessa.

G
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:56 am

Thanks, now in Odessa ok. Bit annoying as would have made the connection if they'd used the empty airbridges rather than buses... Same today, empty airbridge at gate 15 but they bussed us to the plane. Maybe they're temporarily out of service. 40 mins isn't a realistic connection time using buses...even if we'd touched down on time yesterday it would have been tight.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:16 am

Question: Wife and I are looking at a ticket from ATH to ORD. ATH to WAW is on Aegean and there is 1.25 hour connection for the WAW-ORD on LOT. Will that be enough ttime to get luggage and recheck luggage and go through security again? Never done this before. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.