Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to confess again: Who will lose status end of 2010?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Time to confess again: Who will lose status end of 2010?

It's the time of year again to go to confession - not in Church of course but right here on FT.

Who will lose status end of this year ?

I re-qualified all my airline programs but dropped down to Silver with A-Club.
Their card actually came in quite handy to me recently when I used it to scrape ice off my windscreen in the morning !

Anyone else care to admit they will lose their HON/SEN/FTL/*G/*S etc status?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am going to lose my Hilton HH diamond status this year as I have traveled a lot this year to Dusseldorf, HKG and also to the middle east and stayed all the time in InterContinantal hotels or Hyatt hotels there due to location and convenience.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'll lose my BD *S not at the end of the year but some time in January. Does it count?

I didn't actually earn it but it was given to me when Blue+ was abolished because I was within a few thousand miles of *S thanks to SMD1.

p.s. I nearly typed 'loose' which of course is the correct spelling in this forum.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
p.s. I nearly typed 'loose' which of course is the correct spelling in this forum.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Losing SENhood at the end of February, only made 50k of M&M creditable miles this year (and skipped last year altogether hoping to requalify this year).
Old Dec 24, 2010, 6:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Lost PPS solitaire status. M&M (and various other airline statuses) already requalified.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Dropping from HON + UA 1K to SEN + UA 1K. I might say that some things in life are more important than status, but I do not want to start a riot here.

My husband is the most disappointed since he is losing his SEN spouse card, which he has definitely enjoyed the past six years! I am hoping the new UA/CO comes up with a spouse status to make him happy in 2012.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Losing my SENhood as well as my two upgrade certs.

I've found more customer service friendly and cost effective reward programs to concentrate on.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by openflync

I've found more customer service friendly and cost effective reward programs to concentrate on.
Really? I definitely find LH to be expensive for award taxes and fees (forget about intra-Europe, that's ridiculous...) but sooo much better than UA, DL, AF, AZ, BA...in that I can actually use my miles!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Really? I definitely find LH to be expensive for award taxes and fees (forget about intra-Europe, that's ridiculous...) but sooo much better than UA, DL, AF, AZ, BA...in that I can actually use my miles!
the changes that they have made this year are making me feel verry unhappy with LH (after 7 years with them). IMO UA MP is a much better program than M&M, but I am starting to want to move away from *A now, so wondering between either OW or a gulf carrier. havent made up my mind yet. will probably book one last C R/T on LH, and use my miles for F flights then bye bye LH...

Lastly I will probably send them my SEN card back to them cut in half with a nice letter.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 1:06 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Not in all cases. But still YMMV.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 2:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
I might say that some things in life are more important than status, but I do not want to start a riot here.
That is true if you travel for status. However, in case you travel because your job force you to do so then a riot is going to happen
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
requalified SEN and SPG Plat, Priority Plat but thankfully finally getting rid of my last few Hilton miles and status.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hardly travelling for work anymore (only one TATL in SK C this year) so ended the year with aprox 103 k in M&M, down from 135k last year. Still SEN, is valid till 2013. Tried to loose BD*S, but somehow retained it. HH Gold going away (only two stays) but coming back thanks to the credit card. DL GM is lapsing too as I have not put foot on a DL/NW aircraft for nearly a year (thank god).
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Won't lose any status for a while- however the combination of:
1) Reduction in award value (aka 1 month notice on point enhancement for C/F)
plus
2) No lurker at all here on FT- this is as big of a downgrade if not bigger than #1
=
I will hit 600,001 or as close as possible for 2010/2011 and then fly more with BA and EK. LH has really blown it in my opinion on the 2 above points. As this status will take HON to 2014 and therefore SEN to 2016- after that I really have no idea about anything- or even if I will be flying so much!

Hotel wise:
SPG Gold
HH Gold
Marriott Gold
LHW- who knows- whatever the card they send you is called
A-Club Gold
ICG: I am letting Ambassador expire- not a lot of benefit anymore like there used to be

Other Airlines:
BA Silver- arriving Gold next year (qualification is on rolling not calendar- due to LH above I have shifted a few longhaul in C to BA so this is easy)
EK Something
AirBerlin-Silver possibly arriving Gold due to the disappointment of LH (above)

Last edited by TRAVELSIG; Dec 26, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.